Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 07:13 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,732,843 times

Advertisements

I don't like taxes either and I think they are way too high, but I work hard and pay every cent I owe. Not true for these crooked Democrats (and other crooked politicians). Maybe we need a new law that says you have to pay all your back taxes to get elected to Congress.

"...Among this long list of tax cheats, you will usually find a good-sized section dedicated to tax cheating politicians. By a margin of 18 to7, Democrats outnumber Republicans when it comes to tax problems.
Many of these tax cheating Democrats, by the way, were hired by this administration and many are Democrats who still have jobs because in the eyes of this administration, they did nothing wrong.They somehow escaped the wrath of wily Dirty Harry Reid or the fawning Obama media - something Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has not managed to do.

We all are familiar with the names. It started with Obama's appointee as Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner. New York Rep. Charles Rangel, Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill, former Obama chief of staff Rahm Emmanuel and even the president himself thought it was a good idea to handout $1.4 billion taxpayer dollars to known tax cheats.
"Tax cheats were given $1.4 billion in government-backed mortgage loans under President Obama’s economic stimulus, and the government doled out at least an additional $27 million in tax credits to delinquents who took the first-time-homebuyer tax break, according to a recently released government audit."

These are your tax dollars being given out to tax cheaters under orders from the very same person who once said he would go over the federal budget line by line to weed out any waste. I guess $1.4 billion dollars going to known tax cheats is not waste.
Take Missouri's Democratic Sen. McCaskill, for instance. This is an elected Senator who owed close to $300,000 in back taxes due on her private plane.This is a person who has had tax issues going back three decades and always finds a way to blame someone else instead of taking repsonsibility. She blamed her brother for back taxes she owed on a property whe owned. She blamed a "complicated taxing scheme" for her $300,000 oversight and on top of this she was caught in a scandal using taxpayer dollars to fund her traveling fancies."

Liberals love taxes, they just don't like paying them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 07:15 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,974,480 times
Let me give readers just the shorter version of this nonsense so you don't waste your time like I did.

OP found some Dems out of 300 Million Americans that got caught cheating on taxes.....Thus all "liberals" are hypocrites.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times
All of my income is reported on a W-2 form. There is no way I could cheat even if I wanted to which I don't.

The outrageously complicated tax systen is why I want it replace completely with one simple income tax.

Add up all income from all sources. (Businesses would use undistributed profits as income.)

Subtract an amount equal to the 90th percentile of all incomes plus the amount sent to support Social Security

Pay a fixed rate on all income above the deduction. Rate to be determined by size of federal budget.

This si simple and would get the job done even if it did create a crisis amongs the tax accountants and lawyers.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:44 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,238,652 times
Default Not

Quote:
As a liberal, I dislike taxes, and, I dislike paying taxes, but it is inevitable when a LIBERAL or CONSERVATIVE OWNS AND RUNS A BUSINESS, like I did, we must all put something in the kitty. It's the LAW.

I'm actually surprised your title didn't say LIBERALS HATE TAXES.
Which only means one thing to me, CONSERVATIVES HATE TAXES, AND HATE PAYING TAXES TOO.
e.g. 10+ years of bush tax cuts for the job creators, WHERE ARE THE JOBS MAN?

Old 10-12-2012, 07:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times
The Bush Tax cuts were not designed to create jobs but to enhance speculation. They did that very well.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:36 AM

27,123 posts, read 15,305,548 times
There's always Tim Geitner leading by example.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:41 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,659,073 times
Lib here that just sent off a 5 figure check to the IRS in addition to what I paid throughout the year.

I guess I haven't been let into the secret club on how to not pay my taxes or something.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:57 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,277 times
Oprah claims one of her much smaller homes as her primary residence to avoid paying taxes on her $50+ million mansion in California. Many celebrities who have supported higher taxes on the wealthy flat out avoid paying higher taxes themselves.

Even studios in Hollywood, who constantly attacks big oil for their "special tax breaks and handouts", claim over $100 million in tax breaks themselves by using the same tactics they criticize others for using.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:18 PM

20,708 posts, read 19,353,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
As a liberal, I dislike taxes, and, I dislike paying taxes, but it is inevitable when a LIBERAL or CONSERVATIVE OWNS AND RUNS A BUSINESS, like I did, we must all put something in the kitty. It's the LAW.

I'm actually surprised your title didn't say LIBERALS HATE TAXES.
Which only means one thing to me, CONSERVATIVES HATE TAXES, AND HATE PAYING TAXES TOO.
e.g. 10+ years of bush tax cuts for the job creators, WHERE ARE THE JOBS MAN?
Do you realize that this:
it is inevitable when a LIBERAL or CONSERVATIVE OWNS AND RUNS A BUSINESS,

Does not go with this?
years of bush tax cuts for the job creators, WHERE ARE THE JOBS MAN?

Too bad I am not really neocon because it would be easy picking like an apple branch swung low in my lap.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:22 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I don't like taxes either and I think they are way too high, but I work hard and pay every cent I owe. Not true for these crooked Democrats (and other crooked politicians). Maybe we need a new law that says you have to pay all your back taxes to get elected to Congress.

"...Among this long list of tax cheats, you will usually find a good-sized section dedicated to tax cheating politicians. By a margin of 18 to7, Democrats outnumber Republicans when it comes to tax problems.
Many of these tax cheating Democrats, by the way, were hired by this administration and many are Democrats who still have jobs because in the eyes of this administration, they did nothing wrong.They somehow escaped the wrath of wily Dirty Harry Reid or the fawning Obama media - something Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has not managed to do.

We all are familiar with the names. It started with Obama's appointee as Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner. New York Rep. Charles Rangel, Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill, former Obama chief of staff Rahm Emmanuel and even the president himself thought it was a good idea to handout $1.4 billion taxpayer dollars to known tax cheats.
"Tax cheats were given $1.4 billion in government-backed mortgage loans under President Obama’s economic stimulus, and the government doled out at least an additional $27 million in tax credits to delinquents who took the first-time-homebuyer tax break, according to a recently released government audit."

These are your tax dollars being given out to tax cheaters under orders from the very same person who once said he would go over the federal budget line by line to weed out any waste. I guess $1.4 billion dollars going to known tax cheats is not waste.
Take Missouri's Democratic Sen. McCaskill, for instance. This is an elected Senator who owed close to $300,000 in back taxes due on her private plane.This is a person who has had tax issues going back three decades and always finds a way to blame someone else instead of taking repsonsibility. She blamed her brother for back taxes she owed on a property whe owned. She blamed a "complicated taxing scheme" for her $300,000 oversight and on top of this she was caught in a scandal using taxpayer dollars to fund her traveling fancies."

Great source - an anonymous blog post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies