Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 05:18 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times

Advertisements

What i wonder about is who came up with the excuse about this video that not many knew was even made. It sounds like a ready made excuse which makes for a sure case that they knew this was going to happen before sept 11's incident. If not then they did a fast case of damage control blame game and lucked into this video. To think that they have people trolling you tube but not trolling internet and on the ground or twitter about the rumblings before, during and just after the incident in this day and age is unbelievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 05:20 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
Obama campaign tact # 15: Kill the messenger. All part of the same denial of responsibility culture that this administration oozes, like some perforated vicus, which is often fatal. This too will prove fatal, for this administration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Eric Nordstrom ASSUMED that the denial of his request meant there would be too much "political cost." He clearly says he "determined" but does not offer any proof at all.....Charlene Lamb didn't say that. This is absolutely nothing but his assumption, and he cleverly used the word "determined" rather than "assumed" for the people who are not detail oriented.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:28 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It has nothing to do with it. People are desperate to find something to smear the White House with, and unfortunately this is all they got. It's not much. As a matter of fact it is so little, that it actually proves the opposite of that the accusers hope it would prove. It proves they have nothing they can use to prove the White House a bad job handling foreign policy. This is it. This is he biggest 'mistake' they can think of: A security problem at a local outpost in Libya, -a problem the White House was not even aware of. Come on people...you gotta come up with something better than that if you want to bring down the president.

It also proves how little people know about how these things are handled. They think when an embassy in Nigeria has a plumbing problem they call the President of the United States, and expect him to personally get on the plane and come over to fix it. They do not understand there are different levels of people who handle issues, and that this one never reached higher levels, let alone the White House. How high is a "deputy assistant"?
Good point that "this" is the biggest issue in re foreign policy they can come up with to try to attack the President in re foreign policy.

Agree in re how little people know about how these things are handled, which is why I posted the organization chart just for the State Department. If they were to look at that chart they'd see just how high a "deputy assistant" is as well as all the many levels there are that deal with these issues. But it seems that it's just the really diehard far right wing extremists who are clinging to this "hope" of smearing the President.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
What i wonder about is who came up with the excuse about this video that not many knew was even made. It sounds like a ready made excuse which makes for a sure case that they knew this was going to happen before sept 11's incident. If not then they did a fast case of damage control blame game and lucked into this video. To think that they have people trolling you tube but not trolling internet and on the ground or twitter about the rumblings before, during and just after the incident in this day and age is unbelievable.
Well, since you didn't bother to read posts in this thread made just a page or so back, let me repeat it, as you seem to know nothing about what actually happened in re the "movie."

Although your post does make me wonder if maybe Romney's campaign wasn't behind the airing over and over of this "movie" on TV the weekend before that attack. Maybe the Romney campaign wanted an opportunity to weigh in on unrest in the Middle East to make it look like he was up to speed in re foreign policy. Who knows? At any rate, this is what I posted previously along with a link regarding the popular TV host in Egypt airing the movie on TV throughout the Middle East.

Clearly you are not aware that the "movie" was aired over and over on TELEVISION by a popular TV host in Egypt the weekend before the attack and protests. You must admit that TELEVISION has a much, much larger audience than an obscure Internet YouTube.....I admit that. However, in a few days preceding the attack and protests this "movie" denigrating their prophet was hot on TV.

"The offensive film clip was almost unknown -- an irrelevant piece of trash on the Internet -- until a film producer managed to place a tiny item in an Egyptian newspaper. But it wasn't until the TV broadcast that things really blew up. The hosts played an extended clip of the video dubbed in Arabic, pondering what should be done."
Free Speech in the Muslim World? Ask the Egyptian TV Station That First Aired the Anti-Islam Movie - Steve Inskeep - The Atlantic

Old 10-13-2012, 05:40 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,475,771 times
I'm hoping Hillary will resign and explain how inept, incompetent and corrupt Obama and most of his administration is...and has been. Then, I hope Bill Clinton will take to all the media and wipe the floor with Obama's ass. And finally, I hope the Clinton's will engage their mafia friends to 'take care of' scumbag Obama.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Obama campaign tact # 15: Kill the messenger. All part of the same denial of responsibility culture that this administration oozes, like some perforated vicus, which is often fatal. This too will prove fatal, for this administration.
Kill what messenger? Do you believe everything you hear/read from everyone?

This will NOT prove "fatal" for this administration regardless of how much you want this issue to be the "silver bullet."

Old 10-13-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I'm hoping Hillary will resign and explain how inept, incompetent and corrupt Obama and most of his administration is...and has been. Then, I hope Bill Clinton will take to all the media and wipe the floor with Obama's ass. And finally, I hope the Clinton's will engage their mafia friends to 'take care of' scumbag Obama.
Ridiculous. You think that the Clintons will hand the election to Romney? You think there is any possibility at all that they will try to throw this election? If so, you're going to be severely disappointed.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So there was ONLY ONE protest that night and the next few days regarding this "movie"? There were NOT protests and riots all over the Middle East and beyond? Weren't you totally freaking out during that time period over the violence?

So you want the Libyan "President" to be our only source of information and to take all our intelligence from him?

Btw, what does what YOU were told have to do with whether or not Obama and Biden were aware of requests for more security in Benghazi? You've been licking that wound for a long, long time now, but it is not relative to Obama's and Biden's knowledge.
Well he turned out to be right. So did the BBC and a few European countries.
Heck even CNN knew more from finding the Ambassador's journal.

I wasn't told anything. I found a foreign news site that told what happened and by several different sources. Turned out I made the better choice here rather than play sheeple and blindly listen to what our administration said for over 1 week.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:50 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times
My point was that this administration knew about this video being aired in egypt but didnt think to bulk up security? They had this as ready set excuse incase there was a protest. I dont think they thought someone would die but they allowed this attack to happen. They paid attention enough to know about the viewing but not the protests and planned attack. Makes you wonder what the white house priorities are. I did read your posts about the video being played on tv. No one over here knew about it. So for the white house to know they either scrambled last second for a excuse or knew about the video a week before that attack and could not think that they should be prepared in case this riled up attacks on sept 11. Not good either way. They were either not caring or unable to think in a proactive way.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
My point was that this administration knew about this video being aired in egypt but didnt think to bulk up security? They had this as ready set excuse incase there was a protest. I dont think they thought someone would die but they allowed this attack to happen. They paid attention enough to know about the viewing but not the protests and planned attack. Makes you wonder what the white house priorities are. I did read your posts about the video being played on tv. No one over here knew about it. So for the white house to know they either scrambled last second for a excuse or knew about the video a week before that attack and could not think that they should be prepared in case this riled up attacks on sept 11. Not good either way. They were either not caring or unable to think in a proactive way.
First, where do you get the information that "this administration".....including I assume Obama and the Secretary of State....had prior knowledge that this video would be broadcast over and over on TV in the Middle East the weekend before the attack? I would think that our intelligence people would have known about the video being played on TV when it happened, but the question is did THEY advise anybody that they thought this was going to result in a dangerous situation which required a large presence of security in the area? I mean, after all, WHO advises the President of unusually dangerous situations and recommends increased security?

For the "White House" to "let" this happen would be total insanity on their part, and they are not insane.

I've seen no evidence that the White House knew about the video being aired PRIOR to it happening.

The enormous irony of this is the TV station which aired the video was actually exercising its new "right to free speech"....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies