Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 04:30 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
I'm a republican and I'm very happy to see her. I don't understand why those on my side of the political aisle claim to advocate limited government yet presume to tell people who they can marry. Any real republican that practices what they preach should be happy to see this
We don't have too many real republicans, we have religious extremists and theocrats.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:33 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Some homosexuals are conservatives, so cut the dogmatic crap, will ya?

They're gay, conservative and proud - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com
He also seems to ignore the fact that most liberals, especially in the US are Christian. Apparently that concept can't penetrate the tin foil hat he seems to be wearing.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:34 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir, prime-minister of Iceland is openly gay and married to another woman. I really doubt that something like this would happen in the USA anytime soon.

It seems like in order for someone to be the president of the United States, you need to be straight, married and Christian, even if it is all BS In some ways, we are like hundreds of years behind others "civilized" countries.
Having a hetereosexual married Christain President is B.S.

Why are you prejudiced against straight, Christian males?

If a female married lesbian ran for president then maybe we would have one. Can't vote for someone that doesn't run.

You're blaming U.S. citizens for not voting for a make-believe candidate. Good for you.

Move to Iceland if it's that's important to you.

Less than 10 years ago people said a black person could never get elected president. Then Obama was elected.

50 years a Catholic couldn't get elected. Then JFK won.

30 years ago a divorced person couldn't get elected. Then Reagan won.

P.S. Not every President of the U.S. has been married.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:45 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,145 times
Quote:
Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir, prime-minister of Iceland is openly gay and married to another woman. I really doubt that something like this would happen in the USA anytime soon.

It seems like in order for someone to be the president of the United States, you need to be straight, married and Christian, even if it is all BS In some ways, we are like hundreds of years behind others "civilized" countries.
thats because like in Australia, anyone who says anything against it is labelled a misogynist !!! phhhst LOL

Old 10-14-2012, 05:01 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
OK, so I'm supposed to care about the sexual pursuasion of the Prime Minister of Iceland? If, at some point in the future, the only candidates for President of the US are a lesbian and a creature from Mars, then I could vote for her. Thank God, I am old, so this won't happen in my lifetime.
Why wouldn't you even consider voting for a lesbian?

Old 10-14-2012, 05:12 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:

Oh NO! That means, according to Repugs, that everyone in Iceland will either turn gay or get divorced or marry dogs!!!!

How's iceland doing????

Old 10-14-2012, 05:19 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Don't worry guys, its coming. By 2050, you liberals will have the country you want. The current generation in their twenties will be in power and you guys are 70% left wing and the next generation will be even more-so.

Christianity will be banned in the US by that time and there will be affirmative action for homosexuals everywhere, including in positions of power.

It's all outlined in the Homosexual Manifesto, which is the outline for the future of America. The one thing holding you back is Freedom of Religion but that will slowly but surely be taken away from Americans. Here is what the third from the last line says.
If this is as accurate as your other predictions (e.g. price of oil, Dow, etc.) then it will never happen.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:49 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
social conservative=scared...scared of the future and what possibilities exist.. if fear runs your life.. you stop living. Live and let live..

if someone gay runs for president I would hope people would consider their positions and whether they could do the job or not..and I would hope that that person who is gay could be open and honest about it without any discrimination. We will get there... that is all "gay agenda" is after... equal treatment in all areas of society.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:32 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Can any "Anti-Everybody Who Isn't Me" righties come up with all those statistics on how Iceland's divorce rate has soared because of the Prime Minister???

How many straight couples turned gay?

How no one in Iceland has gotten married since the Prime Minister destroyed marriage????

C'mon...let's see those stats.....where are they????

Old 10-15-2012, 09:16 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
It's all outlined in the Homosexual Manifesto, which is the outline for the future of America. The one thing holding you back is Freedom of Religion but that will slowly but surely be taken away from Americans. Here is what the third from the last line says.
You left out the very first line, which explains that this "manifesto" (which I'd never heard of until just now, even though I've been "out" for 25 years) is basically a fantasy, written by an obscure author 25 years ago and promptly lost to history until it was unearthed by paranoid anti-gay activists.

Quote:
This essay is an outré, madness, a tragic, cruel fantasy, an eruption of inner rage, on how the oppressed desperately dream of being the oppressor.
Internet History Sourcebooks Project

Why did you leave that part out? Why, it's almost as if you have some kind of agenda of your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies