Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 10:01 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,387,300 times

Advertisements

Of course. I personally know many Republicans who are racist and can't stand that Obama is president. This is probably the worst time I have seen such disrespect for the President of the United States. It's disgusting in this day and age that people are judged by the color of their skin but it's true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 10:02 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,643,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep it is but it's not whites who are racist, it is blacks who are racist and they keep fixating on their color and that is why this question keeps getting asked over and over and over again. It's boring already.
Thank you for your brilliant insights.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
They aren't asking for his birth certificate because he's half black. They are asking for his birth certificate because there was a question whether he was born in the United States. And if there had been a question about whether Clinton or Bush had been born in the US, they would be asked to show proof as well.
Where did the question come from? Nobody questioned Bush or Clinton.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Romney is fighting for this presidency on many fronts

Incombent president
Left wing media sheltering Obama
Obama's (anything but his record) smear campaign.
How many blacks will vote for him because he is black?

And he is still neck in neck. That should tell you something.
It tells me that the years and years of Republican anti-intellectualism and underfunding of schools is starting to bear fruit.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:05 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
According to the demoncrats, everyone who does not like Obama is a racist and does not like him because he is black.

Even if they are not white themselves. It has to be because he is black.
Except I rarely hear any Democrat say that. However I do hear many Republican say that everyone that voted for Obama did so b/c he's Black.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:16 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,005 times
Quote:
I'm bored with the people who keep using race as an EXCUSE.
Then, you must be bored reading so many of the discussions on this forum ... where, obviously, the President's race, or what people percieve to be his race is a central theme.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:30 AM

387 posts, read 680,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
If you really think Obama is a leftist, you don't know what that is. I'm not blaming you; the Left has been mostly eliminated from American politics. Obama is a center-left Republican, slightly liberal by GOP standards, but nowhere even approximating a leftist. Dennis Kucinich is a leftist, but even he is not a militant.
You are confusing Obama with President Clinton who was a self described left moderate politican. That's why I liked Clinton he had his leftest ways, but he knew a balanced country was better for everyone.

Romney & Clinton have way more in common that Clinton & Obama.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:03 PM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
If you really think Obama is a leftist, you don't know what that is. I'm not blaming you; the Left has been mostly eliminated from American politics. Obama is a center-left Republican, slightly liberal by GOP standards, but nowhere even approximating a leftist. Dennis Kucinich is a leftist, but even he is not a militant.
Are you kidding me? Obama is so left he can't even see the center line.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:06 PM

62,889 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Except I rarely hear any Democrat say that. However I do hear many Republican say that everyone that voted for Obama did so b/c he's Black.
How can that be when there are many white Democrats? I seriously doubt that they voted for Obama because he was black. Most people vote along party lines and are not going to switch their votes to the opposite party based on the race of a candidate.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:08 PM

62,889 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Of course. I personally know many Republicans who are racist and can't stand that Obama is president. This is probably the worst time I have seen such disrespect for the President of the United States. It's disgusting in this day and age that people are judged by the color of their skin but it's true.
"Many" Republicans? Define "many". Why would any Republican vote for a Democrat regardless of race and vice versa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies