Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 07:09 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
these ***** bars ought to be closed down if you ask me.

what is the point of them other than promoting sexism?
1. You're in south east Asia so wtf do you know about these bars anyway. Regular prostitution houses right on the street over there, we aren't yelling at you for them. People in glass houses and all.......

2. They do not sale sex. Most men loke looking at attractive waitresses in the bar. Doesn't matter which bar. And we aren't having sex with them. Women go see magic mike and the thunder from down under. Nothing wrong with window shopping if you don't go try the clothes on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 07:17 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Tilted Kilt wants it both ways. They want to discriminate against men and/or unattractive people in their hiring of wait staff but they'll turn around and argue they are not a sexually oriented business when it comes to zoning ordinances.

The town we live in successfully prevented one of these bimbo restaurants "Twin Peaks" from locating in our city limits.

The owner was told we didn't see his restaurant as setting a good example for our daughters. He hires girls who earn a living being ogled at by 40 year old losers.
I have to wonder if someone like you has ever been to a beach. Is that sexually oriented?

Old 10-20-2012, 05:47 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
And why do auto companies have ads with women draped over a fender or furniture store ads with women lounging seductively on the couch?
Like it or not,sex sells.
Perhaps if the day comes when a good looking, shapely woman can walk past a construction site without getting hoots, hollers, whistles or any notice at all, things might change.
It's you 'drooling' guys that foster this.
Photographs are not the same because there is no physical contact.

But in these types of sex bar, the girls will be getting grabbed by drunken men etc..

they will at least, know that this may happen - all in a days work.

if they complain, they will get fired.

It's also discrimination against unattractive women and men.

These places should be closed down.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
1. You're in south east Asia so wtf do you know about these bars anyway. Regular prostitution houses right on the street over there, we aren't yelling at you for them. People in glass houses and all.......

2. They do not sale sex. Most men loke looking at attractive waitresses in the bar. Doesn't matter which bar. And we aren't having sex with them. Women go see magic mike and the thunder from down under. Nothing wrong with window shopping if you don't go try the clothes on.
now that is quite a retarded comment if you don't mind me saying.

Ok, so right now I am residing in SEA - does that mean I have no knowledge of the rest of the World?

And these bars do sell sex - it's called LUST.

Lust is wrong - it corrupts society.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I have to wonder if someone like you has ever been to a beach. Is that sexually oriented?
That has nothing to do with it - going to the beach is optional , working is not.

These bars are for the purposes of exploitation only.

and would the owner have his daughters working there - it seems not.

what an effing hypocrite!

Old 10-20-2012, 05:52 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
now that is quite a retarded comment if you don't mind me saying.

Ok, so right now I am residing in SEA - does that mean I have no knowledge of the rest of the World?

And these bars do sell sex - it's called LUST.

Lust is wrong - it corrupts society.

Yeah, it means you don't know squat about what is happening in the United States.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:55 PM

ever heard of the internet, newspapers etc..?

anyway - do you really think I actually come from SEA - ever heard the term expat - lol

And out here, yes for sure, there are real hooker bars - but at least they don't hide behind PC hypocrisy, what you see is what you get.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:57 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
What about when a retailer like Target essentially does the same with their store-level "executive team leaders?" Does that change anything?

Lest anyone doubt me on this, speak to a store-level "team member" at Target. There is a look for which they strive in hiring for their store leadership teams.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:00 PM

not the same as working in a pseudo-hooker bar though is it.

having an attractive face is one thing, but making women dress like street corner girls, grovel and flirt to fat slob business men, and discrimination against those who won't do this - that is the issue.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:01 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Sounds like good business practice.

Fat people shouldn't be waiters or waitresses because their undulating appearance would gross out the customers so much that they'd order less food which would translate to less money for the restaurant.

Why do you think chefs are always hidden? Because most of them are fat, mouth-breathing pigs sweating into your food. If people knew that then they wouldn't eat out so often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies