Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 04:19 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times

Advertisements

if your commenting on my post, I didn't make any comments on the protesters. I feel they have every right to be there. Now, in the case of Russel Means, he should be arrested and confined for the rest of his life. He's done nothing in this country but cause trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 04:51 PM

1,011 posts, read 3,094,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
if your commenting on my post, I didn't make any comments on the protesters. I feel they have every right to be there. Now, in the case of Russel Means, he should be arrested and confined for the rest of his life. He's done nothing in this country but cause trouble.
He's only following a precedent that this very nation was founded upon.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:59 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
Nope, wasn't yours. Rather than discussing an opposing point, it's trashing the possible source (Fox, KO etc), just using talking points etc. Now days, pretty much everything is expressed as a talking point. So what? Every point is not going to be an original thought.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:33 AM

1,011 posts, read 3,094,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Nope, wasn't yours. Rather than discussing an opposing point, it's trashing the possible source (Fox, KO etc), just using talking points etc. Now days, pretty much everything is expressed as a talking point. So what? Every point is not going to be an original thought.
Because as I said earlier - when the words you post don't express any meaning, and/or they have little relevance to the topic at hand - it takes the conversation nowhere.

Certain posters have a clear history of doing this, and I'll continue to call them out until they either start thinking for themselves, or quit posting useless, vacuous rhetoric.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:53 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Whine and protest like the so-called patriotic crowd who identifies every brown skinned person as a Mexican and not an American. Since they are unable to see other races as American too as they hold on to the Ward Cleaver images of the past.

Everyone has a right to protest. Everyone.
Still TROLLING!!! I don't see where she at all implied brown skinned people as a group.I believe some of you took citigirl's comment as racist. It was clear she was implying we need to move along ALL of us.

If we are constantly looking to the past and at our worst then how will we ever move forward. This is exactly what diversity gets us too many cultures not understanding the other. Welcome to America the "GREAT MELTING POT" a phrase that once held meaning now a phrase that will probably be the "DESTRUCTION of AMERICA".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies