Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 10:50 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,751,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
You are right. Such bill probably will not make much difference. But the OP is not about how the bill will shape outsourcing, but why republicans object it. The answer is that the'll do anything possible to derail democrats plans.
I also guess the timing of this bill is not coincidental. Bottom line - another partisan battle on the back of the unemployed and US economy.
Go read the bill, I linked it in my last post, there is nothing requiring companies to show they are bringing back jobs to the country, or prove that they had a net positive employment situation in the US, it is all done on their say so.

One of the amendments linked to earlier show that republicans wanted companies to report the jobs overseas and nationally before and after the in sourcing before giving the credit, and Democrats refused to allow that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 10:59 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,893,187 times
Well for one they want to block everything Obama tries to do. "Party Before Country" is their motto. And then they represent the rich, the greedy rich at that. They know American people need work but they can get cheaper labor paying slaves... oops I mean workers in China 0.99 cents an hour. So their attitude is "the hell with the rest of you... I'm making more money". They are greedy and sick and then they brainwash other people to be just like them. I bet if there was a bill to abolish minimum wage nationwide I'm sure they would be honored or in Mitt's words "delighted" to sign that bill. I swear I will never understand why anybody not making at least 6 figures will ever vote republican. Especially poor people who need government assistance. But I'm sure the right wing will make up some excuses of why they didn't sign the bill.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:02 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,026,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
I read it and no you do not have to move a company back to get the credit, all you have to do is increase domestic hiring to get that 20% credit. The way they are advertising the bill and the way it is written sounds all well and good, except no company has to report their actual employees either domestic or foreign, they just have to say they added jobs in the US, and they get a 20% write off on their costs.

It is funny reading on this board how the republicans and Romney are only out to take care of their corporate buddies, and then some of those very same ones are in this thread attacking the republicans for not passing this bill. This bill is nothing but a 20% tax deduction for any company that hires a few new employees this year.

The amendment that was posted would have made the bill effective forcing companies to actually show they cut jobs overseas and added them nationally, without it the bill is horrible.

By the way I could not get the previous link to work, so I linked another source here.
S 3364 - Bring Jobs Home Act - Key Vote - Project Vote Smart
It's tied to the year the insourcing expense was claimed. You have to provide an insourcing plan and claim the expenses first. Nobody will pull up stake and insource anything is the point. It costs too much and a one time 20% tax cut on costs you don't even need on incur by staying where you are is just plain stupid. Shutting down operations to open them back up in the US to pay the corp tax rates and labor costs heare which is why they left is the first place is something nobody will do.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Go read the bill, I linked it in my last post, there is nothing requiring companies to show they are bringing back jobs to the country, or prove that they had a net positive employment situation in the US, it is all done on their say so.

One of the amendments linked to earlier show that republicans wanted companies to report the jobs overseas and nationally before and after the in sourcing before giving the credit, and Democrats refused to allow that.
"(5) EXPENSES MUST BE PURSUANT TO INSOURCING PLAN- Amounts shall be taken into account under paragraph (1) only to the extent that such amounts are paid or incurred pursuant to a written plan to carry out the relocation described in paragraph (1)."

"(c) Increased Domestic Employment Requirement- No credit shall be allowed under this section unless the number of full-time equivalent employees of the taxpayer for the taxable year for which the credit is claimed exceeds the number of full-time equivalent employees of the taxpayer for the last taxable year ending before the first taxable year in which such eligible insourcing expenses were paid or incurred."

Old 10-19-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
Well for one they want to block everything Obama tries to do. "Party Before Country" is their motto. And then they represent the rich, the greedy rich at that. They know American people need work but they can get cheaper labor paying slaves... oops I mean workers in China 0.99 cents an hour. So their attitude is "the hell with the rest of you... I'm making more money". They are greedy and sick and then they brainwash other people to be just like them. I bet if there was a bill to abolish minimum wage nationwide I'm sure they would be honored or in Mitt's words "delighted" to sign that bill. I swear I will never understand why anybody not making at least 6 figures will ever vote republican. Especially poor people who need government assistance. But I'm sure the right wing will make up some excuses of why they didn't sign the bill.
So only republicans run corporations? LOL. Nice rant.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:07 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,671,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
God! I hope you're a voter.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:11 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,405,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Just one reason...

Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked an "insourcing" bill from Democrats that would have ended tax breaks for companies that move jobs overseas.

The Bring Jobs Home Act also would have given a tax incentives to companies that bring jobs back to the United States. The measure failed to advance on a 56-42 vote, with 60 votes needed to end debate on the bill.

GOP senators block Dem
[quote=J746NEW;26586002]Because there is a lot of money to be made with Communist China all the while spouting about Free Market Capitalism out of the side of their mouths.

They complain about government policies effecting business, but yet support Communist China Government policies when there is money to be made.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
President Clinton believes PNTR will help steer the communist nation towards democracy. For the United States, freer trade with China means U.S. farmers and manufacturers can make money by selling products to billions of potential customers.

NewsHour Extra: Trade Relations With China - May 25, 2000

President Bill Clinton - Remarks on the Signing of NAFTA - YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Well I do not agree with Clinton either, and he is just another in a long line of traitors that have sold this nation out for his bankster buddies.

It is not a Democrat or Republican issue in my mind, but an issue of the same policies from "both sides" of the same coin, helping their cronies out at this nations expense.

Yeah, OK.

Whatever you say.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:14 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,893,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So only republicans run corporations? LOL. Nice rant.
I never said that.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:17 PM

Who is "they"??

Old 10-19-2012, 11:29 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,426,253 times
I thought democrats wanted to raise taxes? This lowers them even more than 20% if you think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies