Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 05:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,252,123 times

Advertisements

I doubt that most black folks care. I know I don't. As long as one keeps his/her negative views to themselves and doesn't let their negative feelings manifest itself around me, I couldnt possibly care less. Just stay outta my way and I'll stay outta yours.

That's simple enough...easy too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 01:23 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,463,342 times
Guess they did not include me in this poll did they! my best friends have been my best friends for ever.

He is a highly sucessful man of color, that works in one of the big rig hotels in Vegas. Love him and the way we get treated when we visit. All the perks that is.

I do not give a flying hoot about someone's color. If we get along, have things in common, the person is humorous, makes me laugh, have some things in common. A good decent human caring individual, why would i care about the color.

I don't buy that poll, because the people i pal around with, are of different color, and we all get along.

This is no Hardcore Pawn, or Operation Repo, we are talking real people here.

Hate to disapoint, but racisim comes in many forms, and by many different people and nationalities, racisim is not define by one member of the human race. The White Race that is, there are many racists in this world, and they ain't all white?

Old 10-29-2012, 01:36 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,204,841 times
I *really* doubt that's true. I'd love to see what kind of questions were asked, and I'd love to know what the exact responses were- things like this can be skewed pretty easily depending on what is asked and what the reply is.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Guess they did not include me in this poll did they! my best friends have been my best friends for ever.

He is a highly sucessful man of color, that works in one of the big rig hotels in Vegas. Love him and the way we get treated when we visit. All the perks that is.

I do not give a flying hoot about someone's color. If we get along, have things in common, the person is humorous, makes me laugh, have some things in common. A good decent human caring individual, why would i care about the color.

I don't buy that poll, because the people i pal around with, are of different color, and we all get along.

This is no Hardcore Pawn, or Operation Repo, we are talking real people here.

Hate to disapoint, but racisim comes in many forms, and by many different people and nationalities, racisim is not define by one member of the human race. The White Race that is, there are many racists in this world, and they ain't all white?
The whole "Hardcore Pawn" nonsense is just ridiculous to me. People know that there are TV cameras, so they act up to put on a show. I'm sure it's encouraged. How anyone could watch reality TV and find wider implications about people (except that reality shows are all stupid and their viewers aren't all that intelligent) goes over my head.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,762,627 times
I just thing blacks as a group are very naive. They're going to support Obama even while their unemployment rates are far too high -- and even while Obama hands out 2 million new visas to reward those who come here illegally to take jobs from Americans.

Any group that lets itself be taken for granted doesn't really deserve a whole lot of respect.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:33 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,963,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I just thing blacks as a group are very naive. They're going to support Obama even while their unemployment rates are far too high -- and even while Obama hands out 2 million new visas to reward those who come here illegally to take jobs from Americans.

Any group that lets itself be taken for granted doesn't really deserve a whole lot of respect.
Thanks...you're opinion of me, whom you've never met is very important....

Last edited by reconmark; 10-29-2012 at 12:12 PM..

Old 10-29-2012, 11:44 AM

78,546 posts, read 60,749,385 times
I'd be curious as to how much of the shift is due to changing US demographics as well as the economy.

Little wierd that they talk about views on blacks and hispanics by "others" but don't touch on the attitudes of say hispanics toward blacks.

I saw a racial attitude poll a couple years back and the most racist group was old white people (no big shock there) followed by various members of minority groups that harbored racist opinions but mostly towards other minorities.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,762,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'd be curious as to how much of the shift is due to changing US demographics as well as the economy.

Little wierd that they talk about views on blacks and hispanics by "others" but don't touch on the attitudes of say hispanics toward blacks.

I saw a racial attitude poll a couple years back and the most racist group was old white people (no big shock there) followed by various members of minority groups that harbored racist opinions but mostly towards other minorities.
True. Vicente Fox came right out and said it -- and followed up with a racist postal stamp -- not one black "leader" would stand up to him. Bunch of wimps -- but no one questions that they are the leaders of the blacks -- they follow them unquestioning.

Well -- except for 5-10% -- not all are mindless followers.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:50 AM

78,546 posts, read 60,749,385 times
Quote:

There are all kinds of groups that are taken advantage of due to monolithic voting.

It's not so much that these groups are naive, they are just kinda roped in by the lovely 2-party system and they have nowhere else to go.

It's actually a short list of whom ISN'T take for granted......

Old 10-29-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:

We really don't care. Just mind your own damn business. We'll worry about blacks and you can concern yourself with your people.

As far as who is and isn't deserving of respect, you're cracking me up. Don't respect us as a group. Fine with me. But you'd do good to mind your manners in individual encounters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies