Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 08:00 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I don't consider myself a liberal and I don't want a government study, although I think working class Americans desperately need a think tank to study and promote their concerns.

You're just not willing to acknowledge how much income and wealth government redistributes upward.
Government should not redistribute wealth upward or downward. None at all. Zero!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 08:02 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Oh how is that??
Dems support lots of anti choice issues. They want to tell us what we can eat, smoke and drink. They want to tell businesses how much money they can make, what prices they can charge, when they can open their businesses and what products they can sell.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:04 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Dems support lots of anti choice issues. They want to tell us what we can eat, smoke and drink. They want to tell businesses how much money they can make, what prices they can charge, when they can open their businesses and what products they can sell.

How do Dems want to tell businesses how much money they can make or anything else you've mentioned?

Dems support initiatives that increase people's choices in their lives.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:31 AM

20 posts, read 48,705 times

Petition to Redistribute GPA Scores - YouTube

Redistribution of Wealth:

Take half of your paycheck this week and next and next and offer it to others .... see who will take it. You are simply helping them out...see who will be first in line next week...and the next and the next..... the same people, the line for your money will be longer, the next person in line for 'your' money after you run out, will get pissed because he didn't get any...

You may think "he has more money than me; yes Redistribution of Wealth is a wonderful thing", but there is someone that has less money than you. He is saying the same thing about you; "yes he has more than me; give some of his to me". And so on, and so on, and so on.....

Anyone that agrees with this needs to read "The Communist Manifesto".

Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Because they made the choice. The keyword here, libbies, is CHOICE.
Best post of thread!

Old 11-03-2012, 08:57 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,514 times
Quote:
Oh how is that??
You must have skipped through the beginning of the video. Watch the beginning of the video and pay attention to what the various politicians say.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:02 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
Quote:
Okie dokie, connie.
What's a "connie"? Is that supposed to be "conservative"? Ooooh, what a slam. Fact is, I pointed out your error, get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
That's the kind of thing people use they they just had a gotcha. LOL
Speakie ye English?!

Old 11-03-2012, 09:11 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,999,446 times
Quote:

Dems support initiatives that increase people's choices in their lives.
You really don't understand the nature of the party which you are supporting.

I can't find the rolling on the floor laughing icon - but suffice it to say that your post is the funniest thing I have read all week.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:15 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You really don't understand the nature of the party which you are supporting.

I can't find the rolling on the floor laughing icon - but suffice it to say that your post is the funniest thing I have read all week.
I understand the liberal party quite well thankyouverymuch. Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't mean I don't get it.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:16 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern SunSet View Post

Petition to Redistribute GPA Scores - YouTube

Redistribution of Wealth:

Take half of your paycheck this week and next and next and offer it to others .... see who will take it. You are simply helping them out...see who will be first in line next week...and the next and the next..... the same people, the line for your money will be longer, the next person in line for 'your' money after you run out, will get pissed because he didn't get any...

You may think "he has more money than me; yes Redistribution of Wealth is a wonderful thing", but there is someone that has less money than you. He is saying the same thing about you; "yes he has more than me; give some of his to me". And so on, and so on, and so on.....

Anyone that agrees with this needs to read "The Communist Manifesto".
This idea of redistributing the GPA actually came from a man named, Rob, (now deceased), on his blog:

Gut Rumbles

many, many years ago. I wish that those who use this idea to get their point across would give this man his due credit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies