Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 01:37 AM

24,419 posts, read 27,112,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
We are discussing taxation - if you hadn't noticed.

What you just described is what Democrats do - only they use the barrel of a gun to confiscate your money.

Liberals are an odd bunch - they have no vailid argument against Republicans and they can't defend their own ridiculous, misguided, and failed policies.

What do they do then? They make up outlandish and absolutely false stories(usually called LIES) like the one that bmw posted, in hopes that the uninformed and uneducated(why do they so often turn out to be liberals, hmnn?) might believe their spittle.

Pathetic.
The video is an extreme exaggeration just like the example given above. Your doomsday bomb shelter is almost ready, you should start hiding because a Muslim Kenyan Terrorist is about to win the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 01:50 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,078,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
The video is an extreme exaggeration just like the example given above. Your doomsday bomb shelter is almost ready, you should start hiding because a Muslim Kenyan Terrorist is about to win the election.
What election?

I'm sorry - but I don't follow election in Kenya.

Any person running for an election in the United States is required to be an American citizen - and to my knowledge there aren't any elections taking place this year in which a candidate does not meet that criteria.

Do you know of any? Please tell, if you do - and explain why you question that candidates citizenship and/or place of birth.

Your not one of those crazy birthers are you?

Old 11-02-2012, 01:55 AM

24,419 posts, read 27,112,777 times
Quote:
What election?

I'm sorry - but I don't follow election in Kenya.

Any person running for an election in the United States is required to be an American citizen - and to my knowledge there aren't any elections taking place this year in which a candidate does not meet that criteria.

Do you know of any? Please tell, if you do - and explain why you question that candidates citizenship and/or place of birth.

Your not one of those crazy birthers are you?
I'm honestly speechless, I haven't encountered someone that is so oblivious.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:59 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,078,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I'm honestly speechless, I haven't encountered someone that is so oblivious.
What is that supposed to mean?

Old 11-02-2012, 02:20 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,458,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Hilarious video, but very misleading. Technically none of those kids had to work for that candy, the adults who financed the event did, those adults taxes have helped finance anything from the road they drive their vehicles on to their children's education (K-12 at least). Redistributing candy isn't comparable to taxes, what does candy do besides give the children cavities? Taxes actually have a purpose, and no matter how bad I may feel about paying taxes, I understand where it's going. Personally if I, a 20 year old, had a bucket full of candy and someone younger than me had less candy, I'd want to give them some of my candy. If you don't understand the analogy, if I were wealthy I wouldn't want to hoarder my cash when others may need some as well or in other words: redistribution.

Shoot, if you believe getting candy is hard work then there are some issues that need to be worked out (of course kids would believe its hard work, but us adults should know better) According to the conservative perspective, those who win the lottery such as the mega millions have worked hard for that money and shouldn't pay any taxes on it, right? Their long journey to a convenient store, their years of hope and willing to spend $1 or $2 on a ticket has finally paid off and when they win that $2 million or hell $400 million the government needs to keep its hand out their pocket because having $1.5 million or $225 million isn't enough.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:03 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,267,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

LOL. If you ask these same eight yr olds about education they're going to say throw away the books and just let them play video games in the classrooms. They want to skip schools, eat junk food all the time, and watch cartoons all day. Yeah, let them teach us about our tax policy. Make sense. So basically the point is that the Republican platform is a child's play. Not surprising to anyone not drinking the kool aid.

However, if you tell the kids in advance that the organizer needs to collect 2,000 candies to be send to the needy and disabled. So for every 5 candies the kids collect, they have to drop one in the needy bucket. I think they'll say that's fine. And after they've collected the candies, you tell them there's this group of kids who collect the most candies but they don't want to dispose of their candies to the needy, instead they want kids who collected less candies to give up more candies to make up for the number. Now, if you ask them if this is fair, they will unequvically say no. Guarantee.

Last edited by beb0p; 11-02-2012 at 03:15 AM..

Old 11-02-2012, 04:05 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,948,254 times
Quote:
What is that supposed to mean?
it means "I can't back up what I say with facts so I'll just make things up and see if anything sticks".

Old 11-02-2012, 04:20 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,547,086 times
This actually suggests further study.

Is halloween candy really earned? What if research finds that kids in upper middle class neighborhoods get twice as much (and twice as good) candy per house as kids in working class neighborhoods? Did the UMC kids really earn twice as much candy as the working class kids? Did exclusionary zoning redistribute candy from the working class kids to the UMC kids?

So many possibilities to explore...

Old 11-02-2012, 04:22 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,390,626 times
I know kids who donate half their candy to the troops. Guess that's ok though.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:31 AM

31,297 posts, read 20,806,323 times
Excellent video.

Maybe we should teach this lesson in grade school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies