Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 11:53 AM

244 posts, read 390,782 times

Advertisements

Green energy is a scam people Wake th hell up, even the CEO of the largest green energy corp said its not going to replace coal and gas, why, because you need huge areas to put solar or wind to equal the one power plant, and the places they build this crap is mostly too far away from where the power is needed, and it cost too much and always will. Ask people that live near thise bis ass eyesores called wind farms what they think about it, its giving people health problems , the shadows they cast when turn screw up peoples systems , its really sad how it affect people and not to mention the noise,, It like living in a nightmare. You really wouldn't want to live nearby.

http://www.wind-watch.org/

http://www.noiseandhealth.org/articl...ast=Nissenbaum

Quote:
Effects of industrial wind turbine noise on sleep and health

Author: Nissenbaum, Michael; Aramini, Jeffery; and Hanning, Christopher
Abstract
Industrial wind turbines (IWTs) are a new source of noise in previously quiet rural environments. Environmental noise is a public health concern, of which sleep disruption is a major factor. To compare sleep and general health outcomes between participants living close to IWTs and those living further away from them, participants living between 375 and 1400 m (n = 38) and 3.3 and 6.6 km (n = 41) from IWTs were enrolled in a stratified cross-sectional study involving two rural sites. Validated questionnaires were used to collect information on sleep quality (Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index — PSQI), daytime sleepiness (Epworth Sleepiness Score — ESS), and general health (SF36v2), together with psychiatric disorders, attitude, and demographics. Descriptive and multivariate analyses were performed to investigate the effect of the main exposure variable of interest (distance to the nearest IWT) on various health outcome measures. Participants living within 1.4 km of an IWT had worse sleep, were sleepier during the day, and had worse SF36 Mental Component Scores compared to those living further than 1.4 km away. Significant dose-response relationships between PSQI, ESS, SF36 Mental Component Score, and log-distance to the nearest IWT were identified after controlling for gender, age, and household clustering. The adverse event reports of sleep disturbance and ill health by those living close to IWTs are supported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 05:26 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,351,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
It cost more to eat better as well until every starts doing it. Wind and Solar are better for ya. Don't cha know.
Kudos to Canadians for taking on the responsibility even if it cost a little more to do so. I would pay more to switch. I would also donate as I do now for those who couldn't afford to do so.

I also love those communities that set up everything within bike riding and walking distance to help free us of all from that junk in the sky. Planning for the future makes all the difference because it isn't the "what if I'm not here" that matters, it's the "someone will be" that does to me.

I'd say if they can do the switch they should start.
Well it failed and the proviince is $30 Billion in debt and well look at the rate increases where they wil efect busines and consumers and we should of build another Nulcear Reactor but a modren Gen-IV Reactor and had clean power for 55-60 years and the new reactors also burn up old DU and HEU spent fuel rods in a MOX mix.

So we could burn up 40% of old spent fuel rods and reduce the amount of radioactive waste while making power from it and it would of been the smart way to go.

Why are electricity prices changing?

Ontario needs new electricity infrastructure to continue to meet growing energy demands. That means upgrading old transmission lines and power plants. It also means shutting down coal plants that pollute the air and moving to cleaner, sustainable sources of electricity.
How much will I have to pay?

Over the next 20 years, including taxes and other charges, residential electricity bills are projected to rise about 3.5 per cent per year on average. In the short term, however, electricity prices are expected to rise by about 7.9 per cent annually for the next five years. This increase will help pay for critical improvements to the electricity infrastructure and investment in new renewable energy generation.

After five years, Ontario will have largely completed the transition to a cleaner more reliable system due to the replacement of coal-fired generation and new renewable generation. Once these investments have been made, price increases are expected to level off.
Ontario needs new electricity infrastructure to continue to meet growing energy demands. That means upgrading old transmission lines and power plants. It also means shutting down coal plants that pollute the air and moving to cleaner, sustainable sources of electricity.

Where is my money going?

Your electricity bill payments are helping to:
  • Improve transmission and distribution lines that carry power to our homes, hospitals, schools and businesses.
  • Upgrade nuclear plants that produce about 50 per cent of Ontario’s current electricity supply.
  • Build new renewable sources of electricity like wind turbines and solar farms.
  • Help clean up Ontario’s air by closing smog-producing coal plants.
  • Construct new hydroelectric projects like the one in Northern Ontario on the Lower Mattagami River — Ontario’s largest hydroelectric project in 40 years.
I mean here is the Ontario Provincal Govronment website but Wind and solar failed here Ministry of Energy » Ontario’s Electricity System

Old 11-04-2012, 12:16 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,618,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Well it failed and the proviince is $30 Billion in debt and well look at the rate increases where they wil efect busines and consumers and we should of build another Nulcear Reactor but a modren Gen-IV Reactor and had clean power for 55-60 years and the new reactors also burn up old DU and HEU spent fuel rods in a MOX mix.

So we could burn up 40% of old spent fuel rods and reduce the amount of radioactive waste while making power from it and it would of been the smart way to go.

Why are electricity prices changing?

Over the next 20 years, including taxes and other charges, residential electricity bills are projected to rise about 3.5 per cent per year on average. In the short term, however, electricity prices are expected to rise by about 7.9 per cent annually for the next five years. This increase will help pay for critical improvements to the electricity infrastructure and investment in new renewable energy generation.

After five years, Ontario will have largely completed the transition to a cleaner more reliable system due to the replacement of coal-fired generation and new renewable generation. Once these investments have been made, price increases are expected to level off.

Where is my money going?

Your electricity bill payments are helping to:
  • Improve transmission and distribution lines that carry power to our homes, hospitals, schools and businesses.
  • Upgrade nuclear plants that produce about 50 per cent of Ontario’s current electricity supply.
  • Build new renewable sources of electricity like wind turbines and solar farms.
  • Help clean up Ontario’s air by closing smog-producing coal plants.
  • Construct new hydroelectric projects like the one in Northern Ontario on the Lower Mattagami River — Ontario’s largest hydroelectric project in 40 years.
I mean here is the Ontario Provincal Govronment website but Wind and solar failed here Ministry of Energy » Ontario’s Electricity System
That's to bad. I hope we can learn where they went wrong and improve it because in the long run we need to do something, IMO. I always admire Canadians for leading the way, even when it doesn't always work out. At least you guys are afraid of giving it a go. America is terrified of trying to convert. We will be one of the only countries left without changing down the road.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:23 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,618,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Rockford View Post
Green energy is a scam people Wake th hell up, even the CEO of the largest green energy corp said its not going to replace coal and gas, why, because you need huge areas to put solar or wind to equal the one power plant, and the places they build this crap is mostly too far away from where the power is needed, and it cost too much and always will. Ask people that live near thise bis ass eyesores called wind farms what they think about it, its giving people health problems , the shadows they cast when turn screw up peoples systems , its really sad how it affect people and not to mention the noise,, It like living in a nightmare. You really wouldn't want to live nearby.

Wind Watch | The facts about wind power, wind energy, wind turbines, wind farms

Effects of industrial wind turbine noise on sleep and health Nissenbaum MA, Aramini JJ, Hanning CD - Noise Health
So they are harmful from the noise? I didn't notice it being that loud by ours but maybe they are different windmills.
It's also seemingly unprofitable to switch to solar. That's to bad as well.
Oh well, it was a nice thought ey.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:02 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,375,209 times
This administration won't rest until each and every citizen affected by this crisis has power restored, gas in their tanks and food in their belly.

. . .

Help arrives!

'Here's a 9 volt battery (you need D cell's for the flash light), 5 gallons of gas (your car is floating down the tunnel) and some frozen pizzas (hey, they'll keep over night.'

FEMA has done their duty.

The day after quarterbacks (Katrina critics) are getting a dose of just how difficult life is after a hurricane for those that didn't leave, those that are trying to relieve and those trying to save family photographs from a pile of rubble.

I listened to my cousin in 1969..........'hey I ride these storms out all the time!' It is very humbling to sit on a the side wall of an over turned mobile home in 6 ft of water inside the levees of southern Louisiana' No food, no water, to place to well, you get it. We sat there for 6 days before a guy with a rowboat came. Never again.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:07 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,790,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Actually, solar panels, if in place, would have still been supplying power to the area.

Electric power lines came down and the companies are not keeping up with the gas to supply generators.
Solar panels don't work. For one thing you have direct sun and all you would see is 25%. Check Google who installed solar panels and how well they worked - or should I say didn't. They know first hand. Obama sunk what $90 billion into solar energy without actually knowing if it was effective. And where are the thousands of jobs? Turned out to be about 100.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:14 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,771,914 times
It's really interesting that all of the people I know with solar panels were in the dark too.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Rockford View Post

Wind Watch | The facts about wind power, wind energy, wind turbines, wind farms

Effects of industrial wind turbine noise on sleep and health Nissenbaum MA, Aramini JJ, Hanning CD - Noise Health
Obama was quick to *cough* invest *cough* $90 billion on solar energy projects not having any proven results over any length of time. For solar panels to be effective there are many aspects involved. Even though solar power energy can be shared with other sources, panels on the whole are 25% effective and you have to resort to switching when there is no sun, they panels are dirty, they have been known to burt into flames from too much heat from the sun, bird droppings interfere with the ability to create power. There are a host of things wrong with solar panels, and much to be learned. To see the cost benefit the under can wait 30 years. Rather than set up one center to learn and perfect solar panels over a course of several years, if they could, all the money was given basically for experimentation to multiple companies that probably learned that it was a costly experiment with unknown results. Even drugs are subjected to 7 year studies under the FDA.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
So they are harmful from the noise? I didn't notice it being that loud by ours but maybe they are different windmills.
It's also seemingly unprofitable to switch to solar. That's to bad as well.
Oh well, it was a nice thought ey.
yeah, $90 billion on a failed experiment at the taxpayers expense, while needed programs were slashed or eliminated. Oh, well.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,767,958 times
This just proves the hypocrisy of this administration. Now they're spending billions of tax dollars giving out free gasoline -- why not free solar panels at least? Then they could remain true to their so-called green agenda - but that was all a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies