Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2012, 01:44 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,852,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If his point is that he thinks that a person should not be able to adopt based on the color of their skin - that sounds pretty darn racist.
Perhaps all the rest of us should take something you've said, and quote it out of context, over and over, in all of our posts?

I can think of many incendiary examples.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:44 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,426,296 times
Quote:
If his point is that he thinks that a person should not be able to adopt based on the color of their skin - that is pretty darn racist.
Dude, get with it. I'm giving you an example of "thoughts" that are abhorrent on their face, and not subject to "tolerance."

In fact, as a more astute poster pointed out above, the fact that you called me a "racist" for making the statement (which I do not agree with, btw, and anyone with half a brain could have figured that out).... pretty much proves the point.

Liberal people do not TOLERATE non-liberal attitudes as equally valid. They CERTAINLY do not tolerate or respect when you turn your THOUGHTS into actions to oppress other people. You can't hide behind the "it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it" shield on these issues. Maybe when debating Coke vs. Pepsi, but these are people's LIVES.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:46 PM

679 posts, read 615,500 times
Quote:
If his point is that he thinks that a person should not be able to adopt based on the color of their skin - that sounds pretty darn racist.
Well if you would stop clipping his sentence you'd see his point isn't to be racist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
It's not just "thinking differently than someone," genius.

It's that your THOUGHTS translate into ACTIONS and OPPRESSION.

For THAT, yes, you are not entitled to TOLERANCE.

If you believed in LIBERTY, you would do what we do in this country with respect to religious freedom: You would have YOUR views, worship the way YOU want, but allow others to worship who they want (or no one at all).

"I think black people should not be allowed to adopt children. You have to tolerate and accept this point of view." Um, no we don't.

Its fairly obvious he's using that example to point out that quite possibly not every opinion should be tolerated, especially those that are supremely oppresive

Old 11-06-2012, 01:46 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,033,620 times
I am tired of being falsely described as someone who "hates" when nothing could be further from the truth - simply because I hod an opinion that differs from another.

Liberals - if you don't want your own BS thrown back in your face - which I have done the last couple of pages - then TONE DOWN THE RHETORIC.

Valuing the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman is just that - nothing more - and your false claims of "bigotry" and "hatred" are nothing but lies and noise.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Your tactics that you use to shut down honest debate our disgustug, pathetic, and dishonest.

If you want respect for your opinion - then start by respecting mine.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Perhaps all the rest of us should take something you've said, and quote it out of context, over and over, in all of our posts?

You can start by not mischaracterizing me - as you and your ilk have done time and time again - simply because I disagree with you.

You don't like it when I give you a taste of your own medicine, do you?

Well - start being honest - and I will likewise be fair.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:48 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,265,406 times
Quote:
Dude, get with it. I'm giving you an example of "thoughts" that are abhorrent on their face, and not subject to "tolerance."

In fact, as a more astute poster pointed out above, the fact that you called me a "racist" for making the statement (which I do not agree with, btw, and anyone with half a brain could have figured that out).... pretty much proves the point.

Liberal people do not TOLERATE non-liberal attitudes as equally valid. They CERTAINLY do not tolerate or respect when you turn your THOUGHTS into actions to oppress other people. You can't hide behind the "it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it" shield on these issues. Maybe when debating Coke vs. Pepsi, but these are people's LIVES.
Great post!

(And I know you're not a racist; I totally understood the point you were making. I'm not sure how anyone could have been confused by it. )

Old 11-06-2012, 01:50 PM

679 posts, read 615,500 times
Quote:
You can start by not mischaracterizing me - as you and your ilk have done time and time again - simply because I disagree with you.

You don't like it when I give you a taste of your own medicine, do you?

Well - start being honest - and I will likewise be fair.

How does his post mischaracterize you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post

He has a legitimate claim. You repeatedly mischaracterized a post just a little while ago and clipped it down to make the poster sound racist, and then asked if he was racist, when it was obvious from the full post that he wasn't

Old 11-06-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
In other words you are admitting to being intolerant - something which you decry others of doing - as you perceive so to be.

Hypocritical much?

2,677 posts, read 2,619,145 times
Quote:
If you want respect for your opinion - then start by respecting mine.
Sorry, not all opinions are worthy of respect. Your opinion on this matter is as vile as the Klan's opinion on race relations, and does not deserve a seat at the table.

17,291 posts, read 29,426,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Great post!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar
(And I know you're not a racist; I totally understood the point you were making. I'm not sure how anyone could have been confused by it. )

That's "future lawyers of America," for ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies