Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 02:48 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
We are talking about right and wrong here - this is a moral issue.

Protection of children and the preservation of society should be paramount to everybody.

One should not support something that would harm and erode them.
I think Christian fundamentalism is a threat to society and our children... I don't care if those people exist, or what they do in their churches and homes, but keep them away from our children. If they want to work with children, I think they should have to disclose their religious beliefs, and allow the parents to decide if they should be allowed to work there. Their disgusting lifestyle and behavior will erode our society, but I don't hate them - I am just speaking the truth and looking out for our CHILDREN!!!

Sound like a fair and tolerant view to you?

Old 11-06-2012, 02:49 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I think Christian fundamentalism is a threat to society and our children... I don't care if those people exist, or what they do in their churches and homes, but keep them away from our children. If they want to work with children, I think they should have to disclose their religious beliefs, and allow the parents to decide if they should be allowed to work there. Their disgusting lifestyle and behavior will erode our society, but I don't hate them!

Sound like a fair and tolerant view to you?
I'm not discussing Christian fundamentalism - whatever that is.

Why can't you stay on topic?

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
I never said that you hate me - but you most certainly have implied - falsely - that I hate others.

I do not, so why do you mischaracterize my position?
So if a Nazi were to say Jews are a disgusting group of people who need to be locked up, I should tolerate that view?

And yet, you claim gays are disgusting and deviant and shouldn't be around children because they might molest them.

How is your belief any better than a Nazi's belief towards Jews? What's the difference?

Quote:
You mentioned God in your Gene Wilder quote.

What is your point?
You thought I made that myself? Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I don't even know how to use Photoshop... buy a sense of humor, LOL.

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
We are talking about right and wrong here - this is a moral issue.

Protection of children and the preservation of society should be paramount to everybody.

One should not support something that would harm and erode them.
we live by our own morals not yours. your "right" on this issue is completely wrong for me.
a gay parent, teacher is not a danger to children. supporting gay rights will not harm or erode society.
showing an intolerance of gays, standing in the way of full civil rights is hateful.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
So if a Nazi were to say Jews are a disgusting group of people who need to be locked up, I should tolerate that view?

And yet, you claim gays are disgusting and deviant and shouldn't be around children because they might molest them.

How is your belief any better than a Nazi's belief towards Jews? What's the difference?
Godwins' Law.

You lose.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I'm not discussing Christian fundamentalism - whatever that is.

Why can't you stay on topic?
You know what Christian fundamentalism is, but apparently you don't know what an analogy is. Gawd, this is getting old... maybe it's time to finally put you on ignore?

Old 11-06-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
we live by our own morals not yours. your "right" on this issue is completely wrong for me.
a gay parent, teacher is not a danger to children. supporting gay rights will not harm or erode society.
showing an intolerance of gays, standing in the way of full civil rights is hateful.
We aren't discussing civil rights - we are talking about gay marriage.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:51 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
maybe it's time to finally put you on ignore?
It is an absolute waste of time to rationalize with an irrational person

Old 11-06-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
You know what Christian fundamentalism is, but apparently you don't know what an analogy is. Gawd, this is getting old... maybe it's time to finally put you on ignore?
I know what an analogy is - what I don't know why you were directing it to me.

It is irrelevant to the discussion. I have no opinion on what you think should apply to CF's.

We are discussing gay marriage in this thread - which is a moral question.

It has nothing to do with any religious sect. It has to do with natural law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies