Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 08:23 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,550,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I remember the hugging and mugging for the camera but I'm drawing a blank on what President Obama did for the Sandy victims. Tell me.

Were you here? Were you impacted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 AM

568 posts, read 963,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Perhaps you missed the little fact that over 100,000 homes on Long Island are GONE. Perhaps you missed the devastating fire in Breezy Point that leveled over 100 homes. Perhaps you missed the 110 dead people. Perhaps you missed the fact that many are STILL without power and it is COLD in the NE, unlike New Orleans. Perhaps you missed the fact that MILLIONS, not thousands, have been affected adversely by this storm.
You know what??? Bad things happen to good people. Living in an area that has been hit by hurricanes has been going on for centuries...Put on your big girl/boy panties and start moving "forward". The people live there by choice....they have to deal with the consequences.... Quit Bitching!!!!!! It takes time to get equipment, supplies into these areas...what happened to being P_R_E_P_A_R_E_D!!!! Quit whinning!!!!!

Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomerCrasher View Post
He adorned himself with his cute little Commander in Chief jacket and posed for the cameras.

Obviously he did nothing as those people in NY and NJ are still hungry, cold, and displaced.

Hope they think about that when they go to the polls tomorrow. Oh wait, they can't. They also have no transportation.

What does the election on the candidate have to do with a Natural disaster? By the way, everyone can STILL VOTE. Preparations have been made so sorry to burst your glee.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:26 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,802,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I remember the hugging and mugging for the camera but I'm drawing a blank on what President Obama did for the Sandy victims. Tell me.

Well, let's see, Obama made some speeches, did some photo ops, went on TV, looked concerned, etc.--which is the same thing that el presidente Jorge W. Bush did after terrorists attacked the WTC and the Pentagon on Sept. 11 and the same thing that Gov. Haley Barbour did in 2005 after Hurricane Katrina devastated the Mississippi gaming industry on the Gulf Coast. This is what politicians do--something bad happens and it's photo-op time and speech time, and furrowed brow time.

So what's your point? Do you have one?

Old 11-05-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Check out these photos from the UK. It is pretty sad when the lamestream American media is more concerned with protecting President Kardashian's image than telling the truth:

Hurricane Sandy: Misery for 2.5 million STILL without power after six days as lawlessness and fear take over | Mail Online

Wait. Reports on the impacted areas and the looting occuring in South Jersey have been all over the internet on NJ.com, NorthJersey.com, AOL.com, CNN.com and MSNBC.com and you chose to take information from a UK site that doesn't even mention the State Troopers from 8 states that have come down to NJ to assist with protecting the public. Pathetic.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:30 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,778,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterposh View Post
You know what??? Bad things happen to good people. Living in an area that has been hit by hurricanes has been going on for centuries...Put on your big girl/boy panties and start moving "forward". The people live there by choice....they have to deal with the consequences.... Quit Bitching!!!!!! It takes time to get equipment, supplies into these areas...what happened to being P_R_E_P_A_R_E_D!!!! Quit whinning!!!!!
You had better pray you are never hit by a natural disaster. You think it's so easy and that people should expect this kind of devastation.

God help you. I hope people are as callous and cold as you are when your time comes.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:43 AM

912 posts, read 1,334,173 times
Obama helped out the victims of Sandy through money,shelter,food and other needs .He has done what every US president has done in a natural diaster .Guess what else happens too,his poll numbers go up .

Old 11-05-2012, 08:45 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,007,413 times
Quote:
Christie's not my Governor. Idiot Cuomo is NY's Governor. Why doesn't he order odd/even fill up for gas stations like Christie did? You should see the gas lines around me! I can't even go to the doctor because I am down to 1/4 of a tank and can't risk being left on empty with the Nor'Easter approaching. It is absolute insanity that in one of the wealthiest sections of this country that people can't put gas in their cars for a week now!
Thats Obama spreading the wealth my friend.....robbing Peter to pay Paul right before the Nor'Easter Squall...Social justice for all.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:47 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,622,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesofJackson View Post
Well, let's see, Obama made some speeches, did some photo ops, went on TV, looked concerned, etc.--which is the same thing that el presidente Jorge W. Bush did after terrorists attacked the WTC and the Pentagon on Sept. 11 and the same thing that Gov. Haley Barbour did in 2005 after Hurricane Katrina devastated the Mississippi gaming industry on the Gulf Coast. This is what politicians do--something bad happens and it's photo-op time and speech time, and furrowed brow time.
Wow, how do you know more than the Gov. of NJ, especially given where you live?

"Obama 'provided help to my people at one of the worst crises that this state has ever faced,' Christie added.
'When somebody does a good job, they deserve credit. Anybody who is upset in the Republican Party about this, they haven't been to New Jersey. Come see the destruction, come see the loss.'

Old 11-05-2012, 08:49 AM

90,296 posts, read 120,991,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
You had better pray you are never hit by a natural disaster. You think it's so easy and that people should expect this kind of devastation.

God help you. I hope people are as callous and cold as you are when your time comes.
I think you misunderstood this post. The poster you quoted is responding to a poster who is blaming everything about this disaster on Pres. Obama. No early voting, no national guard or Red Cross presence, etc. Pretty soon she'll be saying he caused the hurricane by casting a spell or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies