Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 08:49 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,001,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterposh View Post
You know what??? Bad things happen to good people. Living in an area that has been hit by hurricanes has been going on for centuries...Put on your big girl/boy panties and start moving "forward". The people live there by choice....they have to deal with the consequences.... Quit Bitching!!!!!! It takes time to get equipment, supplies into these areas...what happened to being P_R_E_P_A_R_E_D!!!! Quit whinning!!!!!
That is more or less what Obama said to the Black community for his lack of real leadership....is that really you Barack or is it Michelle? Guess this is G.W.'s fault too.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 09:09 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I remember the hugging and mugging for the camera but I'm drawing a blank on what President Obama did for the Sandy victims. Tell me.
Seriously?

Is your Google broken?

A very short list.

President Signs Emergency Declaration for Pa, NJ | NBC 10 Philadelphia

Obama orders fuel to be sent to areas hit by Sandy | Dallas-Fort Worth Local Breaking News - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

US military flying power equipment to storm area - Business - Boston.com

Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,167,854 times
US military flying power equipment to storm area - Business - Boston.com

And why wasn't the above (which I was mocked for suggesting in an earlier post) done BEFORE the storm hit?

Obama asking for the "highway routes" this convoy would take is just another example of how clueless this President really is. Military transport planes, Zero! We've had those ever since, oh, those "boats that go under water and stuff."

Old 11-05-2012, 09:25 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Wait. Reports on the impacted areas and the looting occuring in South Jersey have been all over the internet on NJ.com, NorthJersey.com, AOL.com, CNN.com and MSNBC.com and you chose to take information from a UK site that doesn't even mention the State Troopers from 8 states that have come down to NJ to assist with protecting the public. Pathetic.
He could have looked even closer to home.

Cuomo: Gas Headed to Long Island - West Islip, NY Patch

And specific to Staten Island:

"Also headed this way are generators for gas stations left powerless by the deadly storm, Schumer said -- along with eight commandeered by Borough President James Molinaro that are headed to Staten Island from Pennsylvania to help pump out basements here.
Molinaro said he spoke with President Obama again Saturday morning, saying he "complimented the president for getting us the troops on the floor and the help that we need.""

Gasoline, generators headed to Staten Island, Schumer, Molinaro say | SILive.com

Old 11-05-2012, 09:26 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Both Bush and Obama took advantage of photographic opportunities. It was heart warming to see Bush embracing and comforting a couple of distraught teenagers...during the New Orleans disaster...It was also very heart warming to see the still photograph in the paper of Obama embracing and holding dear an older woman effected by Sandy.

Both images warmed the heart but did little to warm the rest of the body that was chilled to the bone...sure it is sweet and nice to see a President being human and I am sure that both Obama and Bush were sincere. BUT- the system of deployment of emergency aid...is totally backward and dysfunctional. You would think that a nation as modern as AMERICA would have highly responsive rapid relief mechanisms ...apparently you don't- someone should fix that.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:28 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Hmmm, yes, that reminds me. Wasn't it fascinating how Napolitano waived the Jones Act for NY harbor but refused to do so for the BP oil spill in the gulf. Hmmmmm.
Obama was not trying to be sensible during the BP oil spill, there was no re-election campaign. Now he has to actually scale back the obstructionist federal governemnt, but once the election is over, he will put his ideological "**** you" hat back on, and big government will be blocking progress again.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:39 AM

568 posts, read 962,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
You had better pray you are never hit by a natural disaster. You think it's so easy and that people should expect this kind of devastation.

God help you. I hope people are as callous and cold as you are when your time comes.
FYI - I HAVE lived through a hurricane and my house was damaged, w/o water for a week, no gas, you name it...but I was prepared and so was MY FAMILY....that is why I posted my comment...suck it up!!!

Old 11-05-2012, 11:43 AM

568 posts, read 962,712 times
Originally Posted by ObserverNY
Christie's not my Governor. Idiot Cuomo is NY's Governor. Why doesn't he order odd/even fill up for gas stations like Christie did? You should see the gas lines around me! I can't even go to the doctor because I am down to 1/4 of a tank and can't risk being left on empty with the Nor'Easter approaching. It is absolute insanity that in one of the wealthiest sections of this country that people can't put gas in their cars for a week now!

Do I hear the itty bitty titsy fly playing his itty bitty violin???? Man up!!

Old 11-05-2012, 11:55 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I remember the hugging and mugging for the camera but I'm drawing a blank on what President Obama did for the Sandy victims. Tell me.
I'm quite sure whatever you are told, you don't want to hear it. You're just baiting.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:59 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What have YOU done for them? Have you sent money to the Red Cross? I thought you right wingers didn't want any help from the Government?
The Red Cross is government?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies