Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 11:11 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Why are any of us obligated to defend the actions of a total stranger? I'm certain that I don't need to tell you that there are ignorant people of every color, gender, political leaning, economic class, etc., etc., etc. So this person who posted this on FB was unfortunate enough to run across one of them. Okay. And...?
And what?

This is the sort of thing that liberals need to be fighting against - intolerance and bigotry within their own ranks. Just how the Conservatives need to do. Just this time around I'm calling out the ignorance of the liberal here due to her actions.

As I said - you people need to teach others tolerance for a change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 11:34 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
And what?

This is the sort of thing that liberals need to be fighting against - intolerance and bigotry within their own ranks. Just how the Conservatives need to do. Just this time around I'm calling out the ignorance of the liberal here due to her actions.

As I said - you people need to teach others tolerance for a change.
"intolerance and bigotry within their own ranks"
I grew up with my parents saying that people who identified themselves as Liberals could not be Bigots and were open minded. As many examples here and elsewhere show there are plenty of people who indentify themselves as Liberals that are as or more intolerant then their right wing equivalent.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"intolerance and bigotry within their own ranks"
I grew up with my parents saying that people who identified themselves as Liberals could not be Bigots and were open minded. As many examples here and elsewhere show there are plenty of people who indentify themselves as Liberals that are as or more intolerant then their right wing equivalent.
This is true on both sides of the political spectrum. Just that this time around I'm highlighting a liberal example instead of a conservative one. The libs here don't like it too much when one of their own is exposed.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:52 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
This is true on both sides of the political spectrum. Just that this time around I'm highlighting a liberal example instead of a conservative one. The libs here don't like it too much when one of their own is exposed.
No, the liberals who have responded have all indicated that they agree, what this woman said is reprehensible. For some reason that's not enough for you. What would you have us do, hire a skywriter and disavow the ranting of one person? No one has sided with the woman. Get over yourself.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:54 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,652,988 times
From the given anecdote, all we know is that this person in question is a bad parent, and that they will be voting for Obama.
I feel fairly certain that this person couldn't even tell you what "liberal" means, or give a semi-coherent rational reason why they are voting for Obama. But then, this unfortunately describes a too large portion of the US voting populace, of ALL political stripes. I don't tend to defend ignorance, stupidity or unwarranted rudeness, period.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
No, the liberals who have responded have all indicated that they agree, what this woman said is reprehensible. For some reason that's not enough for you. What would you have us do, hire a skywriter and disavow the ranting of one person? No one has sided with the woman. Get over yourself.
Talk about getting one panties in a bunch, sheesh!

Don't get upset because one of yours showcases exactly what's wrong with liberals today. I pointed this out as to show what liberals need to do in order to get perception changed about them.

I like liberals, I really do, but this example makes me scratch my head.

Get over yourself.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Talk about getting one panties in a bunch, sheesh!

Don't get upset because one of yours showcases exactly what's wrong with liberals today. I pointed this out as to show what liberals need to do in order to get perception changed about them.

I like liberals, I really do, but this example makes me scratch my head.

Get over yourself.
YES! WE AGREE WHAT SHE SAID WAS BAD! Did you get it that time? Or will you continue to harp away as if everyone is defending her behavior. So far I haven't seen a single post that did so. So the question remains, what more do you want?

Old 11-05-2012, 12:04 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Quote:
YES! WE AGREE WHAT SHE SAID WAS BAD! Did you get it that time? Or will you continue to harp away as if everyone is defending her behavior. So far I haven't seen a single post that did so. So the question remains, what more do you want?
I think adios wants a formal apology written by the head of the liberal world, too bad saul alinsky is dead I remember when he would bounce me on his knee and give me candy for calling republicans facist zombies.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
You never said that to begin with.

That being said, thanks but I'm not the one who needs to be agreed with. It's the father in this case. If you're the praying type, pray along with him for the family in question?

Old 11-05-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
I think adios wants a formal apology written by the head of the liberal world, too bad saul alinsky is dead I remember when he would bounce me on his knee and give me candy for calling republicans facist zombies.
Nah, no need. I would be deeply honored if something like that would happen, but I'd just toss it in the trash a few minutes later. Not because it was some liberal who wrote, but because there's absolutely no need for it.

Maybe the father ought to be apologized to for the actions of that ignorant liberal? I dunno.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies