Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 01:56 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Thank god for leftwing Christians that think Jesus tells us to kill our unborn and lay with our brother.
Thank god you left wing Christians see god as you want, It keeps all of us fake believers who think killing the unborn is bad in place.. all hail Obama
When did a left wing Christian tell you to kill our unborn?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 02:08 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I don't like government at all; I despise it. I'm one of those who pays for it, and gets nothing back.
I'm sure the police officers, firefighters, EMT folks, people who maintain the streets and roads in your community, national weather service, FAA, health inspectors, and all our soldiers, sailors, marines and air foirce personnel and intelligence operators who put their lives on the line every damn day really appreciate a guy like you.

Ungrateful people like you are absolutely digusting and you don't deserve the public employees that often work hard and even put their lives on the line so that you can sit at your godd*mn keyboard and ***** about "gubmint".

Old 11-09-2012, 02:11 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It is clear now that those of us that cling to Judeo-Christian values and the principles of our nation's founding fathers are the minority. We will not win elections in liberal apostate America. So, now what? How do we preserve our most deeply held beliefs when there are those that would eagerly declare those beliefs illegal?
Get off it!

Nobody is declaring you particular religious beliefs illegal. But the days of where you can bully people into accepting them are just about done and over with.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:08 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I'm sure the police officers, firefighters, EMT folks, people who maintain the streets and roads in your community, national weather service, FAA, health inspectors, and all our soldiers, sailors, marines and air foirce personnel and intelligence operators who put their lives on the line every damn day really appreciate a guy like you.

Ungrateful people like you are absolutely digusting and you don't deserve the public employees that often work hard and even put their lives on the line so that you can sit at your godd*mn keyboard and ***** about "gubmint".
Here, here!

Old 11-09-2012, 06:20 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post

B-b-b-b-butttt! That's different! It's different when the cons gets gov't services made available through taxes.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:27 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
European conservatives strive quite nicely here in Europe. Here in Germany, they even run the government. And are quite successful at doing so. Angela Merkel, for example, enjoys huge approval ratings.

But then again, Euro conservatives aren't shrill, bug-eyed hysterical loons like the OP and American conservatives. In fact, most European conservatives support Obama by overwhelming numbers.

European conservatives are sane, logical, and rational. American conservatives are not.

Conservatives might take note of this post. It would help, of course, if sane normal conservatism were to revive, rather than the sort of shrill, bug-eyed hysterical lunacy which calls itself by the name of conservative here.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Conservatives might take note of this post. It would help, of course, if sane normal conservatism were to revive, rather than the sort of shrill, bug-eyed hysterical lunacy which calls itself by the name of conservative here.
ahh the arrogance of the left when they got their hands in everyone else's pocket.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:07 PM

415 posts, read 615,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
They are paid for in very much the same way insurance operates and you know it. Everyone pays into those services and you HAVE to do it. But you don't always use it yourself.

You need to have a mandate or insurance doesn't work. Volunteer and non-profits have never and will never be able to pick up the slack.
Why does everyone think that health insurance is necessary? Its not. I have not had insurance since age 23. I pay out of pocket. I'm not a freerider. Why am I required to pay for everyone else's care? "That's the only way it works." Well then, I want a Louis Vuitton handbag. I can't afford one. Perhaps we should mandate that everyone buy Louis Vuitton insurance so that everyone can buy a Louis Vuitton handbag. Why is it my responsibility to pay for someone else's awful dietary habits, obesity, advancing age, mammograms, birth control, and everything else? Why am I paying for someone else's drug rehab?

It is criminal and WRONG to make everyone buy a product that some don't need and do not want. "You need to have a mandate or insurance doesn't work" what a load of CRAP. You want insurance, you buy it. I'M NOT PAYING FOR YOUR HEALTHCARE.

As for the car insurance comparison, I'll rip that one apart too. For starters not everyone buys car insurance. In some states you are exempt if you can show that you meet the liability requirements via personal wealth. People who don't drive cars don't have to buy car insurance. In addition, in CA, NV, and UT at least, you are only required by law to have liability insurance - which doesn't cover the policy holder or the car the policy holder was driving - it only covers anyone or anything you hit while operating the motor vehicle. Car insurance does not cover oil changes, brakes, tires, hubcaps, radio replacements, window replacements, routine maintenance, and hell, it won't cover an engine replacement or a transmission. Car insurance covers emergencies only.

As for the freerider agreement - the whole mandate was brought forth because of people using the ER and not paying for it - the insurance plan at work - which is, according to the provider becoming standard in the industry thanks to Ohahacare - is still going to be a problem. Except now there will be more freeriders with insurance. The policy at work covers routine care only - stuff like screenings, birth control pills, mammograms, etc. It covers 50% of a birth, won't pay for a cesearan, even a medically necessary one, covers 50% of daibetes medicine, and will not cover any new drugs at all. In addition, surgeries are pretty much off the table. The icing on the cake for why I will be paying the fine rather than ponying up for the stupid - is the fact that in the event that I need to go to the ER - say I end up in a car accident - I have to crap $2500 before they will pay anything, and then the insurance policy will only pay out 35% of my ER bill. Which means that in the event that I end up with a $50,000 ER bill, I'm stuck ponying up $32,500. After months and months if not years and years of paying for insurance I won't be using otherwise, in the end I get screwed. You want to get the young and healthy to buy insurance? Offer an emergency only plan. But hey, that won't happen. It doesn't meet the requirements of Ohahacare.

I'm not paying for the old and entitled who think that the young should be forced to pay for their diabetes meds, their obesity meds, and their expensive surgeries.

Health insurance is NOT necessary for life.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:13 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
If you pay the higher taxes we have to pay then maybe we will consider it.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:22 PM

18,389 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post
Why does everyone think that health insurance is necessary? Its not. I have not had insurance since age 23. I pay out of pocket. I'm not a freerider. Why am I required to pay for everyone else's care? "That's the only way it works." Well then, I want a Louis Vuitton handbag. I can't afford one. Perhaps we should mandate that everyone buy Louis Vuitton insurance so that everyone can buy a Louis Vuitton handbag. Why is it my responsibility to pay for someone else's awful dietary habits, obesity, advancing age, mammograms, birth control, and everything else? Why am I paying for someone else's drug rehab?

It is criminal and WRONG to make everyone buy a product that some don't need and do not want. "You need to have a mandate or insurance doesn't work" what a load of CRAP. You want insurance, you buy it. I'M NOT PAYING FOR YOUR HEALTHCARE.

As for the car insurance comparison, I'll rip that one apart too. For starters not everyone buys car insurance. In some states you are exempt if you can show that you meet the liability requirements via personal wealth. People who don't drive cars don't have to buy car insurance. In addition, in CA, NV, and UT at least, you are only required by law to have liability insurance - which doesn't cover the policy holder or the car the policy holder was driving - it only covers anyone or anything you hit while operating the motor vehicle. Car insurance does not cover oil changes, brakes, tires, hubcaps, radio replacements, window replacements, routine maintenance, and hell, it won't cover an engine replacement or a transmission. Car insurance covers emergencies only.

As for the freerider agreement - the whole mandate was brought forth because of people using the ER and not paying for it - the insurance plan at work - which is, according to the provider becoming standard in the industry thanks to Ohahacare - is still going to be a problem. Except now there will be more freeriders with insurance. The policy at work covers routine care only - stuff like screenings, birth control pills, mammograms, etc. It covers 50% of a birth, won't pay for a cesearan, even a medically necessary one, covers 50% of daibetes medicine, and will not cover any new drugs at all. In addition, surgeries are pretty much off the table. The icing on the cake for why I will be paying the fine rather than ponying up for the stupid - is the fact that in the event that I need to go to the ER - say I end up in a car accident - I have to crap $2500 before they will pay anything, and then the insurance policy will only pay out 35% of my ER bill. Which means that in the event that I end up with a $50,000 ER bill, I'm stuck ponying up $32,500. After months and months if not years and years of paying for insurance I won't be using otherwise, in the end I get screwed. You want to get the young and healthy to buy insurance? Offer an emergency only plan. But hey, that won't happen. It doesn't meet the requirements of Ohahacare.

I'm not paying for the old and entitled who think that the young should be forced to pay for their diabetes meds, their obesity meds, and their expensive surgeries.

Health insurance is NOT necessary for life.
unless you are mega wealthy one long terrible illness with operations and long hospital care will wipe you out with no insurance. most people don't want to chance that. besides getting sick should not put you in the poor house
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies