Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 10:49 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,299,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
Obama's class warfare rages on.
Example #1 of why this high-school (and college) educated white voted against Obama.
Hahaha.
You've got something other than your opinion for this stance. Right?
Love to see it.
If so many people voted against Obama, how did he win?

This college + educated person voted Obama and I'm snowy white, hair and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 10:52 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,299,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG120 View Post
In other words, if your military or former military, pro-America, patriotic, don't believe in abortion, same sex marriage, or low taxes, then there is no place for you in this country and you should either leave or die.

Did I sum that up correctly?
I'm one of the above.
A vet.
I know that makes some people's heads explode.
It was worth joining if for nothing but that.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:52 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,208,327 times
Because they dont want to be associated with the democrats that favor illegal mexicans having the same rights they have.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:27 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,769,784 times
I don't think high school educated whites lean Republican much more than college educated white folks who attend church regularly (social conservatives). Scientist and techies, excluded, they go strongly democrat. But it is easier to think the latter might be closer to self interest for college graduates, if the latter are successful, and relatively wealthy. What is interesting is that for high school educated whites, the decision is self-defeating. The current system has been absolutely brutal. All the union busting, off shoring,etc. hit these people straight in the wallet, and put them on the front lines against immigrant and off shore labor. Back in the early to mid 20th century, these folks knew that they had to stand their ground and fight to get a decent shake from capital and management, who will always try to maximize profit and minimize wages and benefits. The loyalty to the worker has been tossed out the window, yet the less educated white worker seems to fight for the current system, which gives him the shaft. I think the wealthiest classes have learned that propaganda is the best way to distract and sedate the workers, so they don't fight for their interests. They seem to do the exact opposite.

Back in the last century, Irish, Italian,and Slavic immigrants trying to break into the middle class raised hell and were a formidable force. Many of those folks have moved into the middle class, so they are now management, not labor. Now, the workers seem to act as if coddling billionaires is the way to success. Trickle down, supply side is the mantra, although it clearly does not work. Interestingly, the newer immigrants, like hispanics and asians don't seem to fall for the brainwashing. They vote their interests, as you would expect.

I conclude that for whites some of it is nativist stuff. I drive a Ford and listen to Toby Keith, so I vote Republican, Damn it! Or maybe it is just the result of an epic snowjob by corporate America, that is tailor made to tickle the feeling of entitlement and superiority of native whites.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:39 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,986,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I don't think high school educated whites lean Republican much more than college educated white folks who attend church regularly (social conservatives). Scientist and techies, excluded, they go strongly democrat. But it is easier to think the latter might be closer to self interest for college graduates, if the latter are successful, and relatively wealthy. What is interesting is that for high school educated whites, the decision is self-defeating. The current system has been absolutely brutal. All the union busting, off shoring,etc. hit these people straight in the wallet, and put them on the front lines against immigrant and off shore labor. Back in the early to mid 20th century, these folks knew that they had to stand their ground and fight to get a decent shake from capital and management, who will always try to maximize profit and minimize wages and benefits. The loyalty to the worker has been tossed out the window, yet the less educated white worker seems to fight for the current system, which gives him the shaft. I think the wealthiest classes have learned that propaganda is the best way to distract and sedate the workers, so they don't fight for their interests. They seem to do the exact opposite.

Back in the last century, Irish, Italian,and Slavic immigrants trying to break into the middle class raised hell and were a formidable force. Many of those folks have moved into the middle class, so they are now management, not labor. Now, the workers seem to act as if coddling billionaires is the way to success. Trickle down, supply side is the mantra, although it clearly does not work. Interestingly, the newer immigrants, like hispanics and asians don't seem to fall for the brainwashing. They vote their interests, as you would expect.

I conclude that for whites some of it is nativist stuff. I drive a Ford and listen to Toby Keith, so I vote Republican, Damn it! Or maybe it is just the result of an epic snowjob by corporate America, that is tailor made to tickle the feeling of entitlement and superiority of native whites.
Toby Keith is a Democrat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies