Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 04:01 PM

521 posts, read 763,067 times

Advertisements

I had no idea people were so darn nosey. Spying on customers in the checkout lane to see what method of payment they are using to purchase their groceries. It's quite outstanding how someone has the time to spot a food stamp recipient in the checkout lane AND witness them hopping into a brand new Mercedes. I'd really like to know how that happens. Usually when it's my turn to checkout, the customer ahead of me is long gone....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 04:02 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I had no idea people were so darn nosey. Spying on customers in the checkout lane to see what method of payment they are using to purchase their groceries. It's quite outstanding how someone has the time to spot a food stamp recipient in the checkout lane AND witness them hopping into a brand new Mercedes. I'd really like to know how that happens. Usually when it's my turn to checkout, the customer ahead of me is long gone....
You think it's only Republicans?

Old 11-07-2012, 04:02 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
WTF are you talking about?

Old 11-07-2012, 04:03 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
I wish we restricted what food stamps bought. Make them much more like wic.

Buying cokes, candy bars, and potato chips don't exactly sound nutritional. When using public dollars to buy food to sustain you, beggers can't be choosey

Old 11-07-2012, 04:05 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,697,399 times
I've seen it once but the food stamps card was facing me and it said "Lone Star" which I knew was food stamps. I'm sorry I have this thing called pride and I would die before I used food stamps. My dignity and honor means more than my life.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:06 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
They just want to see who is spending their money.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:07 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I've seen it once but the food stamps card was facing me and it said "Lone Star" which I knew was food stamps. I'm sorry I have this thing called pride and I would die before I used food stamps. My dignity and honor means more than my life.
I have no problem with people using them that are working, and need help. But I think what they buy should be limited. I've seen folks with food stamps buying porterhouse steaks, hell I can't afford that regularly

Old 11-07-2012, 04:08 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Thank Goodness most people are smarter than you!!!

Old 11-07-2012, 04:10 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,139,352 times
Who is spying? There is no one spying on people at the checkout line. There is much surveillance going on but this is the equivalent of someone saying their TV is watching them.

I wish there was spying going on here, So we could eliminate abuse of the benefits for those (And there are many) who just want to coast along, straining resources for those who DO need it.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:15 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,697,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Thank Goodness most people are smarter than you!!!
Yes so they are smarter than me because they are using food stamps yet I made my way in life and I don't have to or have spent a dime using the taxpayer's money? Seems legit.

However, I would hazard to guess that I'm smarter than you because you would be happy to spend the taxpayer's money and not try to earn your way around based on the way you criticized me. You should be thanking me. Buzz off and actually reconsider your comment. This is coming from a leftist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies