Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:47 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
First of all, I have already tried posting this topic in Psychology, and I was told that it belongs here.

I believe that all human beings have a natural aversion to the idea of homosexuality. It is the same feeling that any normal person would have towards anyone with a mental disorder. It is natural to feel empathy and even pity towards them.

But suddenly it has been labelled as politically incorrect to feel this way. Now it is even politically correct to call it hateful if anyone expresses that feeling.

Ten years ago this was the norm, however. So I don't believe that all the self-described "gay supporters" are being honest when they say that they don't feel this aversion as well.

How did this change happen so quickly and why?
Sadly there will always be some emotionally immature people who have never really developed empathy and have an irrational fear or dislike of people who are different to them.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:56 AM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,710 times
Left-handedness was also once considered a disorder.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:02 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Perhaps in small backwards areas with poor education and closed minds.

Most intelligent educated people know that it is not.
Whether in backward areas or distant "erogenous zones".... human sexuality is complex and diverse enough "to stagger sextillions of infidels".....if one thinks about their own impulses and those of their neighbors, too much.....they will break their brain....really they need to give it a rest.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:03 AM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
When the founding fathers decided it was okay to wear their powdered wigs in public.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 AM

1,329 posts, read 832,190 times
I'm bisexual. As far as I'm concerned, being monosexual is an unnatural mental disorder!

Old 11-09-2012, 09:42 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
First of all, I have already tried posting this topic in Psychology, and I was told that it belongs here.

I believe that all human beings have a natural aversion to the idea of homosexuality. It is the same feeling that any normal person would have towards anyone with a mental disorder. It is natural to feel empathy and even pity towards them.

But suddenly it has been labelled as politically incorrect to feel this way. Now it is even politically correct to call it hateful if anyone expresses that feeling.

Ten years ago this was the norm, however. So I don't believe that all the self-described "gay supporters" are being honest when they say that they don't feel this aversion as well.

it was mostly an evolutionary trait, as humans' brains got bigger we had to walk more upright to keep from falling forward. by walking more upright, we (most of us anyway) stopped dragging our knuckles along the ground.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:44 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Not so.

Homosexuality is counter-intuitive and flies in the face of evolution.

This is why many people have an aversion to it.

Tolerance is all one can hope for in this case.
Try looking at it this way, humans are all similar but not identical, with the exception of identical twins. All of our features vary, take feet for example. Our feet are similar but, be can't all wear the same size shoe. We don't discriminate against people with very large or small feet. We are aware of the differences in feet and accept them. If you can accept a variation in foot size, it should come as no surprise that the amount of sex hormones can also vary from person to person. There are people who for one biological reason or another can't reproduce and that could be seen as "counter-intuitive and flies in the face of evolution" yet we accept it. Homosexuality is no more counter-intuitive than any other variation from one human to another human. The only people that have an aversion to homosexuality are the ones who allow ancient goat herders to dictate their thoughts.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:47 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Try looking at it this way, humans are all similar but not identical, with the exception of identical twins.
And even that's not the case. Identical twins are not genetically identical.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:48 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
All of our features vary, take feet for example. Our feet are similar but, be can't all wear the same size shoe. We don't discriminate against people with very large or small feet.
I agree with you, but remember there probably are some here on this forum who think having very large or small feet is a choice, is immoral, and is somehow harmful to families and children, and they aren't afraid to remind us about how immoral and harmful it is, over and over again.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:58 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,440,203 times
Quote:

Ozzy, it's OK. These feelings you have are natural. You're going through what almost every homosexual goes through. The self-loathing, the hatred, trying to change society to "protect" yourself. I implore you, GET HELP before your containment of your natural urges and thoughts becomes self destructive! If you want to do it quietly, this book would be a great help: Becoming Gay: The Journey To Self-Acceptance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies