Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 11:49 PM

774 posts, read 1,167,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I would actually take something like this very seriously. First of all, she was suggesting an assassination of President Obama. She was basically eluding to wanting to kill the President. I take that seriously. What if it did happen? Think about it.

Freedom of speech is one thing, but when you take it to the level of threatening, such as suggesting as assassination for the President, you've gone too far.

On another note, she sounded quite stupid and dishonest. She referred to the President as the "n" word, and then turns around and claims she isn't racist. I've heard that line before and I don't buy it. Her problem is that she was caught. It doesn't surprise me how crazy she sounded. She posts something like that on facebook, thinking no one could track it. When she was caught, she tried to come up with excuses with why she posted it. Why else would someone call the President the "N" word than to make a racist comment?
You've laid the groundwork for a very revealing truth. This former Coldstone Creamery employee is so ignorant that she doesn't even realize that her reference to the President is a racist reference. Usually when people are of this mindset, they routinely socialize in circles that use racist language and/or hold racist views. This is done in an environment where that behavior is at worst, encouraged, and at best, tolerated without challenge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 11:50 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,968,982 times
I am disappointed in the election results. But I am nowhere near driven to violence. This woman needs to be prosecuted.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:50 PM

20,135 posts, read 16,242,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
People like that were the reason I voted for President Obama.

Sad but true. I didn't think he was a very good president.
That bothers me far, far more than if you believed in him like he were a god. You voted in someone to get back at others? Egads, I'm definitely adding the future of my country to my prayer list.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:01 AM

20,135 posts, read 16,242,226 times
Quote:
"And another 4 years of the n*****. Maybe he will get he will get assassinated this term..!!
She's an idiot and I find her terminology personally offensive but she did not threaten the president of the United States. I say all the time "Maybe my daughter will get pregnant this year!!" I'm certainly not going to impregnate her. Wishful thinking by her is not the same as threatening. What a waste of secret service assets when I am sure there are more credible threats to the president out there.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:10 AM

68 posts, read 52,682 times
Default Woman Loses Job Over Obama Facebook Post After Election

I thought we lived in a free country...Oh...I forgot...we now live under Barack Obama Mussolini...Hail the great
leader....

Woman Loses Job Over Obama Facebook Post After Election | Politics

Old 11-11-2012, 09:12 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,639,458 times
So you would rather have the government prevent a private employer from firing someone?

Old 11-11-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
So you would rather have the government prevent a private employer from firing someone?
The point is we're slowly losing our personal freedoms...

Old 11-11-2012, 09:17 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,639,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.X View Post
The point is we're slowly losing our personal freedoms...
Because Stone Cold Creamery fired a person for doing something stupid?

Old 11-11-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Because Stone Cold Creamery fired a person for doing something stupid?
I wonder if the individual was a certain color or had certain politico beliefs the outcome would have been the same...

Old 11-11-2012, 09:23 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,968,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.X View Post
I thought we lived in a free country...Oh...I forgot...we now live under Barack Obama Mussolini...Hail the great
leader....

Woman Loses Job Over Obama Facebook Post After Election | Politics
Only stupid people believe that the 1st Amendment carries no personal responsibilty, I see that she's not alone.

So when you get on the Internet and start calling people ni66ers and trumpeting their assasination, be prepared to face the consequences of exercising your 1st amendment rights!!!

Btw we are not living under " Barack Obama Mussolini" but sadly for people like you we aren't living under William J. Simmons!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies