Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 03:16 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,332,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
I don't watch MSNBC for "news", just for exposing Fox lies. That's its function. Fox is the little right-wing bully on the block, and has been for 35 years. So the voice of plutocracy is now being answered - too bad.
It calls itself "Fox News", and that is a clue to its aim - posing as a "fair and balanced" news source, when nothing is further from the truth. Shouldn't it call itself "Fox Propaganda" or something similar so people would know? That would be the honest thing to do. Why didn't they (Rove and Ailes) stick with its original name, "G.O.P. TV"?
As a propaganda outlet for the republican party, it mixes truths, half-truths, and lies for the political objective of persuading Americans to embrace oligarchy - so exposing it, which MSNBC does, is a public service.
Tell me, are the many Democrat and/or liberals hosts and guests on Fox News in on the "propaganda?"

Recent data from Pew Research shows that 71% of Romney stories on MSNBC were negative and 46% of Romney stories on Fox News were negative.

Back in 2008, the figures were like this:

2008 Presidential Election Coverage

MSNBC
14% of Obama stories were negative
73% of McCain stories were negative

Compare with:
Fox News
40% of Obama stories were negative
40% of McCain stories were negative

(Source: Project for Excellence in Journalism, Oct. 29, 2008)

Tell me again which is the actual "propaganda" network. And which one really is the more fair & balanced?

And Fox News has only been around since 1996, not quite "35 years."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 03:20 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,332,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post

Why are liberals so obsessed with Fox?
If it was really as irrelevant as you claim, there would be no need to constantly post and obsess over it... over, and over, and over...
Because they think every news station should be left-wing. If it's not, it's just "propaganda" for the Republicans.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:36 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post

Why are liberals so obsessed with Fox?
If it was really as irrelevant as you claim, there would be no need to constantly post and obsess over it... over, and over, and over...
Could it be that normal people don`t enjoy watching the dumbing down of America?
Study Finds FOX News Actually Makes People Less Informed | Cobweb

Old 11-11-2012, 05:17 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,168,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
It seems to me that the right wing media completely sold out and misinformed it's fan base. A Romney landslide they promised. The polls were skewed. Romney himself was "shell shocked..."

Well, as you know it turns out there was no Romney landslide. The polls for the most part turned out to be dead on balls accurate.

With other unbiased studies showing that Fox viewers are the most misinformed, isn't it time the right wing demand the truth from their news source(s)? Aren't they humiliated making bold predictions that turn out to be completely wrong. Doesn't bloviating about belief when fact contra-dicts you get embarrassing.

I fully believe that debate is positive and that both sides have something to offer the country-- but, my right wing friends, you have been misled. If you are willing to be continue to be because you prefer lies you enjoy to truth you don't your side will never contribute positively to the dialog.
What a disappointment. Based on the title of this thread, I thought I was FINALLY going to see a list of LIES told by FOX News. But instead, nothing but whiny, Liberal blather.

Now let me clue you in - they were PREDICTIONS, not FACT. There's a difference. What is reported on Benghazi for example, is FACT. What pundits and pollsters like Frank Luntz do is make PREDICTIONS.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:38 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,960,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Tell me, are the many Democrat and/or liberals hosts and guests on Fox News in on the "propaganda?"

Recent data from Pew Research shows that 71% of Romney stories on MSNBC were negative and 46% of Romney stories on Fox News were negative.

MSNBC

Compare with:
Fox News

Tell me again which is the actual "propaganda" network. And which one really is the more fair & balanced?

The operative word is "stories." While Fox has a news segment with news stories, most of Fox is O'Reilly, Hannity, etc., which aren't stories but opinion. Those were decidingly anti-Democratic in 2008 and 2012.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:40 AM

39,082 posts, read 51,266,875 times
Fox has the best disaster coverage. Whenever there is a disaster I tune to Fox. I will never forget the job Sheppard Smith did in exposing the miserable response to Katrina. His commentary was a classic of broadcast journalism. But for everyday news and commentary, well Fox is anything but fair and balanced.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:42 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,343,415 times
Quote:

MSNBC

Compare with:
Fox News

If you were on the site anyway why didnt you just post it as a link?Your numbers dont explain what the criteria was for the results or what constitutes a negative story.. as for "the many Democrat and/or liberals hosts and guests on Fox News in on the "propaganda?" who might these people be?

Old 11-11-2012, 07:52 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,343,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
What a disappointment. Based on the title of this thread, I thought I was FINALLY going to see a list of LIES told by FOX News. But instead, nothing but whiny, Liberal blather.
Google "FOX lies", you wont be disappointed

Old 11-11-2012, 09:15 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,548,574 times
Watch the links provided on this page.

My problem with Fox is that they incite their viewers to join in their angry hatred of . . . well,just about everything. Glen Beck and Sean Hannity come to mind.

The Repulican Party has allowed these people - to become the face of their party: Rush, Glen, Hannity, Beck.

They need to quickly divorce themselves from this lot.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:55 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,058,562 times
Quote:

MSNBC

Compare with:
Fox News

^This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Fox has the best disaster coverage. Whenever there is a disaster I tune to Fox.
^And this too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies