Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 04:08 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,875,129 times

Advertisements

The real purpose of the Affordable Health Care law was to expand the size of government.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 04:44 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,485,182 times
No, I think the purpose of the Affordable Care Act was to ensure affordable health care. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:18 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The real purpose of the Affordable Health Care law was to expand the size of government.

What do you think?

I think that's birther talk.

DON'T click here

Old 11-16-2012, 05:22 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
No, I think the purpose of the Affordable Care Act was to ensure affordable health care. Nothing more, nothing less.
I sincerely hope you are correct, and that it can be hewn and fine tuned into something really workable.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:26 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
No, it requires private citizens to pay for something they were already getting.

I disagree with a mandate to buy anything from the federal government, but republicans didn't have a alternative plan, and wouldn't see a limited single payer system enacted, and thus, here we are.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:28 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
No, it requires private citizens to pay for something they were already getting.

I disagree with a mandate to buy anything from the federal government, but republicans didn't have a alternative plan, and wouldn't see a limited single payer system enacted, and thus, here we are.
I understand your concerns, but since we're stuck with it, let's be hopeful that it will turn out to be OK.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:29 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,246,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
I think you're a paranoid right-wing loon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Do you believe republicans can go back and can produce legislation that a previous administration proposed?
They do it all the time, well, sometimes.
http://money.cnn.com/2007/01/23/pf/t...fect/index.htm

You have to remember that some republicans were FOR something before they were AGAINST it.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I understand your concerns, but since we're stuck with it, let's be hopeful that it will turn out to be OK.

I already have insurance, so I'm not worried about this, its the next thing we are forced to buy.

I always want my country to succeed.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:43 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,092,159 times
ObamaCare is just part of the liberal plan to further weaken America's economy in an effort to reduce America's strength and influence in the world - to humble the country and bring it to it's knees. Redistributing some wealth along the way (since low income/no income folk will have their healthcare subsidized by those who are actually working) is just icing on that cake.

Healthcare is not a right - it's a consumer product. Like luxury cars, smartphones and big screen TV's, either you can afford it or you cannot. Society, and taxpayers, are in no way obligated to provide it for everyone.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
ObamaCare is just part of the liberal plan to further weaken America's economy in an effort to reduce America's strength and influence in the world - to humble the country and bring it to it's knees. Redistributing some wealth along the way (since low income/no income folk will have their healthcare subsidized by those who are actually working) is just icing on that cake.

Healthcare is not a right - it's a consumer product. Like luxury cars, smartphones and big screen TV's, either you can afford it or you cannot. Society, and taxpayers, are in no way obligated to provide it for everyone.
First, let me say I'm not a liberal. I didn't vote for the president, and I don't support a federal mandate to buy anything federally

That said, this post is what's wrong with the republican party. There are some leftists swearing that Republicans are trying to destroy the nation also. You're no better then they are.

No one is trying to destroy the country. They are trying to move it forward to good things in the best way they think is possible.

If you disagree with the platform, be specific where. What's your ideas to fix the healthcare problem. That's constructive criticism. Saying they want to destroy the country doesn't further your message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies