Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 07:12 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,446,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That's surprising..Houston is liberal. Maybe they're still ticked off about the NASA defunding.
Obama won Harris county by around 500 votes. In my neighborhood, its dominated by oil/gas pro Romney. Dallas was more liberal this election. The NASA funding is a non issue... most Repubs in my building don't blame the Obama admin for changing course... and of course Bush was the one who put us on the path to retire the shuttle before having another option for crewed LEO/beyond. About the only NASA related decision people are pissed about is passing over Houston for one of the retired shuttles... but that's another thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 08:02 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,214 times
I am watching all these posts by brain dead liberals.. sounding very much like those who stood for King George and England when men of valor stood up to the tyrant... Now as it was then THOSE were the real cowards.. now as then THOSE were the ones that reaped the benefits of the blood of patriots and now as then they are the ones who turned and stabbed those same patriots in the back..

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
~Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-12-2012, 08:08 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,446,614 times
Isn't the tyrant the one who is unwilling to accept the will of the people?

Old 11-12-2012, 08:22 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Houston is NOT liberal, Harris County may have gone blue by roughly 500 votes, but when you consider that a large majority of the metro live in Fort Bend, Montgomery,Waller, and Galveston counties. The Houston metro has topped 6 million people, but only 2.1 million live within the city limits.

Every county surrounding Houston was red.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:24 PM

217 posts, read 382,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
I am watching all these posts by brain dead liberals.. sounding very much like those who stood for King George and England when men of valor stood up to the tyrant... Now as it was then THOSE were the real cowards.. now as then THOSE were the ones that reaped the benefits of the blood of patriots and now as then they are the ones who turned and stabbed those same patriots in the back..

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
~Thomas Jefferson
Whos the Tyrant ? What did they do ?

Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Lost View Post
Whos the Tyrant ? What did they do ?
Living up to your username, I see...

Old 11-12-2012, 08:29 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
While we all know that they won't be allowed to jump America's sinking ship, do you blame them for wanting to?

How childish that these states would start a petition to separate from the Union. Pres Lincoln must be turning over in his grave.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
Man could you guys imagine if all the wellfare queen red states seceded? They would instantly turn into third world countries with authoritarian leaders. Just incase I will never move to a red state.
Uh; you better think about "blue" states like Illinois, Cali, Pennsy and a few others also breaking up and their mostly "red" parts joining the rest of the red states. That'd kill NYC, Philly, LA, SF, Chicago and so on. This ain't 100 years or even 50 years ago where the smart people live in the latter places. Many of them left for cheaper homes and less business regs in the red states.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 PM

217 posts, read 382,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Living up to your username, I see...

Show mercy on me and explain it to me. It shall be interesting.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 853 times
Glad to see that the reality that racism is still alive and well is being highlighted in the news (with this) albeit some will not see it as such.

I do not recall states threatening (even though they can't) to secede from the US when president Bush was re-elected despite the popular opinion of the US citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies