Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 08:44 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Who are you to say how much an owner of a business should make? That is the problem with you liberals. You think there is some magical cutoff and anything else should be given to you. And you call others greedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 09:00 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
The folks that got these text messages were really not feeling Papa Johns:

Judge OKs class-action suit against Papa John's for alleged text spam - Computerworld

Old 11-14-2012, 09:04 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
The folks that got these text messages were really not feeling Papa Johns:

Judge OKs class-action suit against Papa John's for alleged text spam - Computerworld
Well someone had to take the first fall. It's not just done by Papa John's though.

Same with spam email.

Spam: Unwanted Text Messages and Email | FCC.gov

Old 11-14-2012, 09:05 AM

18,389 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Who are you to say how much an owner of a business should make? That is the problem with you liberals. You think there is some magical cutoff and anything else should be given to you. And you call others greedy.
they can make all they want. just don't cry I can't afford to give my employees benefits without raising prices or lay offs when you live an extra ordinarily grand lifestyle. papa john is a great example of greed and selfishness

Old 11-14-2012, 09:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
they can make all they want. just don't cry I can't afford to give my employees benefits without raising prices or lay offs when you live an extra ordinarily grand lifestyle. papa john is a great example of greed and selfishness
Papa John's is a franchise business, not a corporation that runs all the stores.

Each franchise is owned and run by individuals similar to a small business with a certain percentage going to the franchiser.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:11 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Who are you to say how much an owner of a business should make?
When you jump on TV and instead of selling your product but instead try to po'mouth and hold your employees as hostages in a political fight, folks have every right to say what they think.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Nobody is crying but you. Reality is what is happening and not just at Papa Johns. Lot of "crying" will be going on here coming up in your eyes I guess. Why aren't you crying the owners of a business aren't paying for folks homes or food? Should they have to provide a vehicle for their employees too?

Old 11-14-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
When you jump on TV and instead of selling your product but instead try to po'mouth and hold your employees as hostages in a political fight, folks have every right to say what they think.
So now you are calling for him to be silenced? A true liberal stance for sure. He should shut up and be silenced but everybody else has a right to say what they think.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Papa John's is a franchise business, not a corporation that runs all the stores.

Each franchise is owned and run by individuals similar to a small business with a certain percentage going to the franchiser.

good info. most franchises have to follow the guide lines set up for them. was it papa john himself who wants to raise the prices?

Old 11-14-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Nobody is crying but you. Reality is what is happening and not just at Papa Johns. Lot of "crying" will be going on here coming up in your eyes I guess. Why aren't you crying the owners of a business aren't paying for folks homes or food? Should they have to provide a vehicle for their employees too?
I'm not the one "crying" p.j seems to be the one bitching they need to raise their prices. seems odd when the company can afford to have it's founder live in such grand style along with giving away tons of pizza. probably a write off as a biz expense. yes some companies do give company cars and paid living expenses. just depends on the company. a pizza place doesn't or should as it isn't part of what an employee does for the company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies