Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 08:27 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,817,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
I seriously question the sanity of anyone who's first reaction to a new President is whether or not their guns are safe.

Also anyone who feels the need to have more than one or two guns.

No one is coming for your guns. And even if they do, guess what? You'll live without a gun.
You need at least 5.

High power rifle, .22 LR rifle, shotgun, large handgun and a small handgun.

Anything less....you are a joke.

Are you going to hunt game with your 9mm SD/HD handgun?

Are you going to shoot someone inside your house with your Remington 700 .30-06?

Your lack of knowledge and firearms is showing there guy.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
You need at least 5.

High power rifle, .22 LR rifle, shotgun, large handgun and a small handgun.

Anything less....you are a joke.

Are you going to hunt game with your 9mm SD/HD handgun?

Are you going to shoot someone inside your house with your Remington 700 .30-06?

Your lack of knowledge and firearms is showing there guy.
Come on where is your AA-12 for zombie suppression?

Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Sometimes I think cons start threads like this just to remind us that they're stupid
I am guessing that you don't know a thing The Won did today. Maybe you need to keep track of what he is doing more and do less reading from left leaning sites where they don't tell you people about them.

Actually, I enjoy doing this to excite you leaners and see you wiggle.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:42 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Nope. I did have a great time with the leaners on this thread, though. I guess me enjoying myself is against the rules and I will soon be accused of trolling.

Thanks for trying to explain what Trojan Horse politics are. They did their best to get something passed that could lead to socialized medicine and finally just came out with a blatant law that is very unconstitutional. Why would I say that? Article I, section has some words about revenue laws having to originate in the House of Representatives and this law was declared a tax law by the Supreme Court, wasn't it. Did it originate in the House? As I recall Nasty Nancy said we must vote on it to find out what is in it so they didn't even have one committee go through it so they could propose amendments. What will happen if the Supreme Court has to rule on this part of the Constitution with Obamacare being a tax law? Maybe you could explain that one to me.
And yet you wonder why nobody wants to watch any of the stupid videos you post.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:24 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I didn't know that you folks were into math and science. After all, the earth is only 6000 years old.
You have to be joking right? No one could post such an ignorant comment and be serious.

[quote]
Quote:
I seriously question the sanity of anyone who's first reaction to a new President is whether or not their guns are safe.

I guess you also question the sanity of coin collectors who have more than one or two coins? You must also question the sanity of baseball/football card collectors who have more than a few cards? You know nothing about guns and the people who own and collect them or the uses they have for them, that is obvious.

Quote:
No one is coming for your guns. And even if they do, guess what? You'll live without a gun.
How easily some would just give their liberty and freedom away seemingly without a care about it at all. It's really a shame that there are men and women who have given their lives so that people like you can just say "eh, so what if they want to take freedoms away,you'll live"

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 11-14-2012 at 11:46 PM..

Old 11-15-2012, 01:24 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
A few years ago, I was in a Las Vegas Pawn shop. The owner and I were having a nice chat. Looking around the store, there were some quite valuable items. I asked him if he had problems with anyone trying to rob his shop. He grinned, lifted his shirt. He had a gun on each hip like a cowboy!! I was astonished.

I hadn't seen a gun since I left the army in the mid 70s. He happily emptied the bullets from one for me to take a look. I had forgotten how heavy hand guns are. I understand the fascination of such things. You are holding a killing machine in your hands.

I still prefer to live in a society where ordinary people don't own guns. Sure, some criminals have them, not many. The British police hunt such people down. Not many survive to serve jail terms. The ordinary police here in England don't have guns. Every vote taken, the police vote not to have guns. There are armed units always on standby if needed.

Our society is violent enough, Friday nights in many towns in England are bad enough with all the fist fighting that goes on. Bringing guns into the mix doesn't bear thinking about!!

Old 11-15-2012, 02:59 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
A few years ago, I was in a Las Vegas Pawn shop. The owner and I were having a nice chat. Looking around the store, there were some quite valuable items. I asked him if he had problems with anyone trying to rob his shop. He grinned, lifted his shirt. He had a gun on each hip like a cowboy!! I was astonished.

I hadn't seen a gun since I left the army in the mid 70s. He happily emptied the bullets from one for me to take a look. I had forgotten how heavy hand guns are. I understand the fascination of such things. You are holding a killing machine in your hands.

I still prefer to live in a society where ordinary people don't own guns. Sure, some criminals have them, not many. The British police hunt such people down. Not many survive to serve jail terms. The ordinary police here in England don't have guns. Every vote taken, the police vote not to have guns. There are armed units always on standby if needed.

Our society is violent enough, Friday nights in many towns in England are bad enough with all the fist fighting that goes on. Bringing guns into the mix doesn't bear thinking about!!
So you are saying you prefer to live in a society where the government "hunts people down" amd kills them? Ah, I see.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:09 PM

709 posts, read 656,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
After years of dire warnings that President Obama was going to 'take our guns', I see the Amendment II hysterics have learned nothing. About the only firearms legislation President Obama signed during his first term was a law that allowed conceal and carry in National Parks where allowed by the state in which the park is located.

One would think that the last four years would have taught the 'Obama is coming for our guns!' crowd that their empty claims were a losing hand, but that would require a degree of introspection.
Pretty much. However, he did modify a few importation restrictions, which was a bit of a bummer (they prevented South Korea or some such Asian country from sending us back a few tens of thousands of our WWII M1 Garands).

The next big talking point, the UN Arms Control treaty, is about exportation only. Well, so they say. Which isn't a big deal for anyone except the numerous US-based weapons manufacturers, who will assuredly lose business. But that's clearly an economic issue, and not a 2nd Amendment one.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:18 PM

709 posts, read 656,700 times
Quote:

There's plenty of reasons to have more than one or two guns. Different guns do different things.

And as for me, personally, no, I wouldn't live without a gun. I have carried and used guns daily, both for work and pleasure, for my entire adult life. If the state ever wants to come and attempt to take them from me, every last bit of training they gave me will be used against them.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:21 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,270,240 times
Quote:
I seriously question the sanity of anyone ........ who feels the need to have more than one or two guns.
I disagree. Maybe if we're talking about an urbanite who isn't a weekend outdoorsman whose only reason for owning a gun is protection you would be correct. But it wouldn't be unusual at all for an avid hunter to have a dozen or more guns and a specific use for each. You can't kill a deer with a .22 caliber rifle; conversely, hunting rabbits or squirrels with a 10-gauge shotgun wouldn't leave anything to eat.

Then there's the collector. To some people saying nobody needs to have more than one or two guns is akin to saying nobody needs to have more than one or two baseball cards, Beanie Babies, or Elvis whiskey decanters. Different strokes for different folks, just because you don't understand it doesn't make it wrong.

Quote:
I personally am not fretting over the idea of the government showing up at my door to take my guns away; I just don't see it happening anytime soon. But if they do I won't let them go. It's a right guaranteed by the Constitution of our nation specifically so that we can rise up and defend ourselves against a tyrannical government as our founding fathers did. Once "they" take our guns they'll continue to take whatever else we hold dear. If "they" do get my guns it will only be because they've rendered me unable to shoot them.

Last edited by duster1979; 11-15-2012 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: Corrected switch between singular and plural subject in the same sentence..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies