Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 05:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
And yet you wonder why nobody wants to watch any of the stupid videos you post.
I know why that is. You people fear having a ***** put in your liberal block armor. Keep that mind clean and pure by avoiding anything that may cause that *****.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:27 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,816,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I know why that is. You people fear having a ***** put in your liberal block armor. Keep that mind clean and pure by avoiding anything that may cause that *****.
I don't trust ANYONE that thinks YouTubes are dumb or complains about them and their use.

For 'hands on' people...that's just as good as me showing or telling you in person.

It's a tool that a poster can use to make it more REAL and bring life to the post.

I ignore all the 'tools' who think they are dumb.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:47 PM

57,242 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
Pretty much. However, he did modify a few importation restrictions, which was a bit of a bummer (they prevented South Korea or some such Asian country from sending us back a few tens of thousands of our WWII M1 Garands).

The next big talking point, the UN Arms Control treaty, is about exportation only. Well, so they say. Which isn't a big deal for anyone except the numerous US-based weapons manufacturers, who will assuredly lose business. But that's clearly an economic issue, and not a 2nd Amendment one.
How is a restriction from the importation of thousands of military rifles an important restriction, you can get AK-47's here. You are complaining about US manufacturers losing business exporting rifles to 3rd world countries, where do you think those rifles end up, people protecting their homes.

Face it, gun restrictions were actually relaxed under Obama with open carry in National Parks.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 PM

709 posts, read 656,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How is a restriction from the importation of thousands of military rifles an important restriction, you can get AK-47's here. You are complaining about US manufacturers losing business exporting rifles to 3rd world countries, where do you think those rifles end up, people protecting their homes.

Face it, gun restrictions were actually relaxed under Obama with open carry in National Parks.
I wasn't talking about AKs. I'm well aware we can get them here. I specifically mentioned M1 Garands. Furthermore, I never said it was an important restriction; I was simply stating that it was a bummer (because Garands are a part of our history, and are awesome rifles to boot).

I'm not complaining at all about US manufacturers losing exportation business, because it hasn't happened. That may be a result of the proposed UN treaty, but that is a different subject (an economic one, as I mentioned).

I never denied he signed the bill regarding carry in national parks, so I'm not really sure what you are even getting at with your last sentence. In fact, I agreed with the poster who said Obama hasn't done anything to restrict gun rights.

Reading comprehension is pretty awesome. You should try it sometime.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

An AK-47 isn't a U.S.G.I. historical war weapon......The M1 Garand .30-06.

It's about 120,000 rifles and over 5 million rounds of .30-06 ball.

I can't post the briefing due to "f" this "f" that Hillary Clinton the d*ke etc....etc..

He's a traitor and un American.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
I wasn't talking about AKs. I'm well aware we can get them here. I specifically mentioned M1 Garands. Furthermore, I never said it was an important restriction; I was simply stating that it was a bummer (because Garands are a part of our history, and are awesome rifles to boot).

I'm not complaining at all about US manufacturers losing exportation business, because it hasn't happened. That may be a result of the proposed UN treaty, but that is a different subject (an economic one, as I mentioned).

I never denied he signed the bill regarding carry in national parks, so I'm not really sure what you are even getting at with your last sentence. In fact, I agreed with the poster who said Obama hasn't done anything to restrict gun rights.

Reading comprehension is pretty awesome. You should try it sometime.
Would 12 straight out of the Romanian National Guard Armory WORK for ya?

I got 'em......not for sale to anyone though.

Spoiler

Old 11-15-2012, 09:09 PM

3,502 posts, read 3,133,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You admitted in your own reply that this guy's opinion had no more credence than any other joe blow on the street and that you posted it just to get a rise out of the "leaners" and yet again, you wonder why no one wants to waste their time on the tripe that you post.
Regarding the bolded statement, I am not the one living in fear, Roy. You're the one who posts thread after thread of hysterical garbage, demonstrating that your threshold for outrage is somewhere in the range of the average 2 year old.
Please stop projecting your obvious character flaws onto other people.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:53 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Sometimes I think cons start threads like this just to remind us that they're stupid
Like we need reminders?

Old 11-15-2012, 10:07 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
You need at least 5.

High power rifle, .22 LR rifle, shotgun, large handgun and a small handgun.

Anything less....you are a joke.

Are you going to hunt game with your 9mm SD/HD handgun?

Are you going to shoot someone inside your house with your Remington 700 .30-06?

Your lack of knowledge and firearms is showing there guy.
Wow.

So anyone who doesn't share your interest in guns is a "joke?"

Not everyone shoots game and guess what? Not everyone worries about whether or not someone is going to need shooting inside their home.

I am not interested in guns. I do, however, have other interests in my life that I suspect not very many others would share. Should I call everyone who doesn't share my interests (and I'm pretty sure that would be you) "jokes?"

For the record, I am a single woman living in a pretty remote area. I do have a gun......somewhere (it's a 22 pistol and I've misplaced it somewhere in the house).

I don't live my life in anticipation of having to shoot someone; the only reason I have a gun at all is mostly for the four-legged predators I sometimes have to protect my chickens, ducks, and goats from.

My 22-year-old son loves guns. He has a lot of guns, including at least a couple of the "assault" type. He likes to go up into the woods and target shoot. He also voted for Obama - twice.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:11 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
You admitted in your own reply that this guy's opinion had no more credence than any other joe blow on the street and that you posted it just to get a rise out of the "leaners" and yet again, you wonder why no one wants to waste their time on the tripe that you post.
Regarding the bolded statement, I am not the one living in fear, Roy. You're the one who posts thread after thread of hysterical garbage, demonstrating that your threshold for outrage is somewhere in the range of the average 2 year old.
Please stop projecting your obvious character flaws onto other people.
Is there a forum rule that you have to look at any thread I originate? If so I didn't know about it. Do your friends have to bring people like you into them so you can rant and rave? I bet that does happen since so many of you just don't show up very often.

You know that you aren't about to look at or read anything I link to for fear that you will manage to change your mind with good information. I have dealt with progs like you for too many years for you to manage to sway my thinking but I will always look at the links you post. You do post some,don't you? Surely you do since you have so many of them that may sway my thinking. Try it, it might word.

What five letter words from me do you manage to make look like they are starred for being left leaning nasty type words?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies