Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 08:27 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,004,356 times

Advertisements

Interesting. First we had a self-proclaimed doctor who quit posting on the 9th (possibly due to having lost the presidential bet, but doubtful).

That same day, a new poster, named Dr. X, began making new threads. A day or two later, I pointed out that "Dr. X" may well be a cunning attempt by said doctor to hide his identity, and yet continue posting.

Dr. X then formally quits CD. Ah! But Mr. XXX comes in to fill the gap!

Could this be yet another cunning disguise by the original doctor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 08:31 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,006 times
Quote:
I'd say that a big part of the reason the GOP is going down is a backlash against talk radio and Fox News. Keep on feeding into it O'Reilly, ya big dummy.
Yea you keep trying to convince yourself of that...

For more than 10 consecutive years, "The O'Reilly Factor" on the FOX News Channel has been the highest rated of any cable news show. No program even comes close.

Bill O'Reilly | Biography | Fox News

Old 11-13-2012, 08:39 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,552,127 times
Geez, I thought what he had to say last night was possibly his best comments in a long time. Not to worry, conservatism will come back strong, I hope!

Old 11-13-2012, 08:41 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Interesting. First we had a self-proclaimed doctor who quit posting on the 9th (possibly due to having lost the presidential bet, but doubtful).

That same day, a new poster, named Dr. X, began making new threads. A day or two later, I pointed out that "Dr. X" may well be a cunning attempt by said doctor to hide his identity, and yet continue posting.

Dr. X then formally quits CD. Ah! But Mr. XXX comes in to fill the gap!

Could this be yet another cunning disguise by the original doctor?
Cunning...No. Disguise, yes.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:

Old 11-13-2012, 08:51 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Mr O'Reilly apparently believes people making a personal decision on who/what to vote for is not 'traditional' America, you'd the author of historical books set in America might know better.
Have you ever read one of those books? They are called "historical fiction", not real biographical books.

Bill O'Reily sounds like many of the people I grew up with. He has his opinion, and if you disagree with it, so be it, he doesn't care. He caters to a select group of people who want to hear that they are right all the time also.

But no one is perfect, and no one is right all the time.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:51 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,004,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well, I was being a bit sarcastic by using the word 'cunning'.

I predict a new poster will appear using the name "Dr. xxxxeye2009", which will throw everyone off.

Mr. XXX: if I am mistaken in your identify, which I may well be, then my apology.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:53 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Yea you keep trying to convince yourself of that...

For more than 10 consecutive years, "The O'Reilly Factor" on the FOX News Channel has been the highest rated of any cable news show. No program even comes close.

Bill O'Reilly | Biography | Fox News

What that has to do with what I said, I have no idea. I was talking about the implications of what Fox News and O'Reilly sell politically, not whether he gets ratings.

Whatever school you went to did a poor job teaching reading comprehension.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
What that has to do with what I said, I have no idea. I was talking about the implications of what Fox News and O'Reilly sell politically, not whether he gets ratings.

Whatever school you went to did a poor job teaching reading comprehension.
Your entitled to your opinion....

Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Geez, I thought what he had to say last night was possibly his best comments in a long time. Not to worry, conservatism will come back strong, I hope!
He's basically ranting about the loss of 'traditional America' by whining about the results of an election.

Isn't a free election pretty much one of the few traditions that has survived the entire lifetime of America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies