Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 05:27 AM

470 posts, read 438,605 times

Advertisements

The following statement from Jeff Kuhner states it perfectly.

"The push for homosexual marriage is a symptom of cultural decay and moral decadence. It reveals a civilization unable or unwilling to defend its most vital institutions. This is why many Americans innately know its wrong. It’s why the homosexual lobby has to crush dissenting voices. The cost, however, is the sabotaging of our democracy."

Secular McCarthyism: Tyranny by elites threatens the sacred status of marriage and life itself | World Tribune

Old 04-01-2013, 05:36 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Well, OP, I'd say it's better if you fly away in that case.

Maybe to Antarctica? Oh, never mind. Studies show there are homosexual penguins.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:42 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,960 times
It is sabotaging our democracy to allow MORE diversity? Really? Perhaps you should rethink that nonsense claim.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:42 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
You are not far off. I think society has indeed decayed. I dont know how you can argue that it hasnt and doesnt continue to do so.

The move towards equating two completely opposite things man/woman to man/man, woman/woman is part of that decline. You are now labeled a bigot for claiming they are two separate things, even if you agree they should get equal government benefits.

Society is in a downward spiral but it has been for quite some time now and shows no signs of stopping. Hate to say it, but it gets worse from here, not better.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:44 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
It is sabotaging our democracy to allow MORE diversity? Really? Perhaps you should rethink that nonsense claim.
We already have diversity. How does redefining a term equal diversity?

Old 04-01-2013, 05:51 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I contend that our society has greatly improved since I was a child by reducing racial and sexual discrimination. This has greatly increased opportunity and social/economic mobility for the previously excluded people. This is making out country a brighter beacon for the rest of the world to emulate.

The people decrying this terrible Fall of Civilization are mostly the former privileged that lost their exclusivity and effective monopoly on the economics of former days. They are not happy about losing their world. I, however, am quite pleased.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:52 AM

524 posts, read 400,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
How about your "nonsense claim"? Our form of government is a Republic. Democracy is a nice term that equates to mob rule.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:54 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
The following statement from Jeff Kuhner states it perfectly.

"The push for homosexual marriage is a symptom of cultural decay and moral decadence. It reveals a civilization unable or unwilling to defend its most vital institutions. This is why many Americans innately know its wrong. It’s why the homosexual lobby has to crush dissenting voices. The cost, however, is the sabotaging of our democracy."

Secular McCarthyism: Tyranny by elites threatens the sacred status of marriage and life itself | World Tribune
Given the divorce/infidelity rates in the US, marriage is a 'vital' institution and broadening its scope would threaten our democracy?

What a bunch of malarkey.

The real McCarthyism here is the paranoid belief that changing it will bring the country down. All we need is it to be spoken by a drunken Senator to complete the circle.

Last edited by burdell; 04-01-2013 at 06:03 AM..

Old 04-01-2013, 05:59 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Homosexuality has nothing to do with you, nothing to do with me, and nothing to do with society... its only relevance is to that person only... Bottom line, its none of your business which means none of your concern...

Old 04-01-2013, 06:02 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Homosexuality has nothing to do with you, nothing to do with me, and nothing to do with society... its only relevance is to that person only... Bottom line, its none of your business which means none of your concern...
If homosexuality is not of my business and none of my concern, then why the hell do am I forced to hear about it day after day after day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies