Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 06:07 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
So? If you want it, go do what they did. If you're not willing to. Shut up.

They wouldn't have to be in bed with politicians if the system were fair. They are because it is unfair and wants to rape them for DARING to be successful. Success is something we should be proud of and encouraging not villifying. If we had more big successful companies, we'd have fewer people out of work.

Shouldn't there be some enforced rules as to how people become rich? When special interest groups give pols big money, sometimes it is for permission to kill, disable, or imprison harmless people.

Big Pharma's poison pills often don't work, may cause permanent disability & cause 125,000 deaths each year in the US. They pay billions to keep "marijuana" off legal market, because they know it would be preferred due to lack of deaths, fewer unpleasant side effects, & works for over 120 conditions.

How do you feel about defense contractors in America that sell to both sides?

Should we all agree to be in bad health &/or die prematurely to enhance corporate profits? 25% of Americans are in chronic pain. What does that say about Drs. & Big Pharma?

We have plenty of big successful companies, but, unlike govt, they don't hire more than they need. As long as we have lots of poor people, many won't be able to buy enough to help grow the economy. And to help more Americans have jobs, would you favor a law requiring that US corporations keep their factories in US only? Could we afford all that if most got paid minimum wage?

If corporations had 95% of the money that existed, what would be their incentive for hiring? Could they get govt to pay their employees with more money printed up, so they'd have employees for free? And if govt keeps printing up more money, we are facing a currency devaluation. How would you feel if you went into a store & prices had gone up 1,000% in just a very few years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 06:17 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,788,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
You didn't write this...

Yes I did, straight from my heart,.try to find the same paragraph on the internet you won't.

I normally stay away from the political forum but ever since the election I have been seeing a disturbing amount of radical postings and I felt that there needed to be an alternative view point.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:21 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
The problem is that the people don't want to listen to the other side. They only want to listen to those who agree with their view points and that is going to make America go down the drain just as it has been doing ever since people have gotten a "us" and "them" mentality.

I'm speaking the soul of the people that has been dragged down, forgotten, and neglected.
Now we as a whole are paying the price.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:54 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Why? They earned their money. Why do people have such issues with businesses or people who earn what they have?
Is it so difficult to comprehend that in order to have a healthy cash-flow in the economy, the MAJORITY of Americans need to have the money to spend? It does no good at all to have a minority hoarding it. If they want to continue earning it, they're going to have to turn loose of some of it so that it is available to flow through the economy. The economy will not be healthy until the largest number of Americans can spend money to support the earnings of "those who've earned it". Of course, they can continue to hoard it and effectively cut their own throats with regards to additional earnings. If people could not exist without business, none of us would be here today. Neanderthal would not have survived for 180 thousand years, much less our species. But business has no chance of surviving without people. Business will also not survive if those same people do not have the money to spend to support business. Now, what is so difficult to understand about that?

Old 11-16-2012, 12:12 AM

724 posts, read 593,446 times
At the risk of sounding partisan, Gordo, I think the first few posts ( after your OP) illustrate what exactly is wrong with our country and why it's so hard to find compromise. You posted a completely logical and heartfelt plea, noting obvious flaws in our system pertaining to big business and politicians, and you are immediately attacked, labeled an enemy of success, and told to "shut up." Which side do you think levied these ad hominem attacks? It's hard to have a conversation with people who immediately shout you down ala bill o'reilly. I believe the president, even if you don't agree with his politics, tried desperately to compromise with the right and was repaid with vows of making him a one term president. Where do you go from here. I'd love to see it happen, the compromise you speak of, but I worry the vitriol has poisoned the well.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:09 AM

420 posts, read 335,241 times
Reason and sensibility warrant two pages. Obama taking our guns gets dozens. My oh my.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:36 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
I said big business and politicians both are the ones with all of the money. Are you all right with politicians being in bed with business persons?

No.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:42 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The problem is the people.
The glorification and defending of wrong.
The critisizing of good, strong values and on & on.
Awhile back, I made a comment similar to this on a different thread. Can't remember the thread, but you are definitely on to something. Today everything is backwards. Good is bad, bad is good. It's acceptable to put the screws to someone at all cost to further advance yourself.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:46 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
So OP thinks giving more moeny to epopel who will only consume the goods it reapresents with no return is the way to growth and prosperty? that is like a compnay giving what they prodcue away free then expectig to stay in business.That is the Grek model and we see what happend there. they don't even produse much anymore.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:00 PM

420 posts, read 335,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Awhile back, I made a comment similar to this on a different thread. Can't remember the thread, but you are definitely on to something. Today everything is backwards. Good is bad, bad is good. It's acceptable to put the screws to someone at all cost to further advance yourself.
This is nothing new. Humans have been putting the screws to people since before the dawn of civilization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies