Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 04:26 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,787,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
They complain about not having Jobs, Food or Medicine, but they fired millions of dollars worth of missiles into Israel.
They are not BUYING weapons. Weapons are being smuggled in (mostly from Iran). Are you aware of the many tunnels that have been constructed? Egypt is in the process of closing/dismantling them.

Egypt to Destroy Gaza Tunnels - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 04:28 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,373,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Although it pains me when violence flares up, I must say I support Israel's right to defend itself.

The majority of Palestinians live in the West Bank (Judea and Samaria). Why does no one mention the fact that there are no hostilities between Israel and the majority of Palestinians except from the Hamas controlled Gaza Strip?

The Palestinians in the West Bank do not fire rockets or bombs into Israel. Israel does not counter attack in the West Bank.

This is not about Israel vs. Palestinians. It is about Israel vs. Hamas.
No, this is about occupiers vs. occupied.

Not too hard to understand, really.

AND, since there are not only Arabs, but also many JEWS, who would like to see Israel dismantled, it sounds to me like the road to peace is already prepared.

Peace!
brian

Old 11-17-2012, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Really? Israelis should just give flowers and gifts to homicide bomber's families and to people launching missiles. You know, kill their enemy with kindness.
Are you really as clueless as you seem to be?
You're right. People should be happy when imperialists come along and take their homes. I'm sure you'd be happy to lose your home, too.

Peace.
brian

Old 11-17-2012, 04:31 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,787,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
lets be clear, its the majority of muslims. muslims vote for jihad. they just did it in egypt. the gazans did it when they voted in hamas. they did it in turkey. it may not be every muslim, but the majority of the muslims are with the "extremists."

you let muslims vote and they will vote for terror.
Please provide credible links to support your statement where (1) muslims vote for jihad and (2) the majority of muslims are with the extremists. I certainly want to be "clear" on your knowledge.

Do you even know the meaning of "jihad"?

Old 11-17-2012, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Please provide credible links to support your statement where (1) muslims vote for jihad and (2) the majority of muslims are with the extremists. I certainly want to be "clear" on your knowledge.

Do you even know the meaning of "jihad"?
I don't think so. Bashing Muslims is the current trend now. You're Muslim? Oh, I guess you're a terrorist then.

But that's what the US educational system is giving us today, folks.

Peace.
brian

Old 11-17-2012, 04:45 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,247,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I don't think so. Bashing Muslims is the current trend now. You're Muslim? Oh, I guess you're a terrorist then.

But that's what the US educational system is giving us today, folks.

Peace.
brian
By gosh, you ARE as clueless as you seem to be. Evidently you don't believe that jews should be able to live in peace. You never answered my query about homicide bombers, so you must think it's ok for people to blow themselves up to kill other people. Take your trash elsewhere please.
Jews should give flowers and kindness to people who are trying to kill them in your mind. Your ignorance of the issue is astounding.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:15 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,775,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
There is no Palestine therefore there are no Palestinians....
I agree there is no Palestine. But what does call a group of people that refuse to name their original roots and refuse to agree to be called Israelis since all of it is within Israels borders. Lets look at a little history. Before WW1 they, including the Jews, were part of the Ottoman Empire. After WW1 they, including the Jews, were part of the Palestinian Mandate. After the UN partition they never stated a name for their new country and never declared a state. After the 1949 Armistice they became annexed to Egypt and Jordan. After the 1967 war they became part of Israel, but refused to recognize Israel. So again what do we call them?

Old 11-17-2012, 06:22 AM

43,706 posts, read 44,464,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I agree there is no Palestine. But what does call a group of people that refuse to name their original roots and refuse to agree to be called Israelis since all of it is within Israels borders. Lets look at a little history. Before WW1 they, including the Jews, were part of the Ottoman Empire. After WW1 they, including the Jews, were part of the Palestinian Mandate. After the UN partition they never stated a name for their new country and never declared a state. After the 1949 Armistice they became annexed to Egypt and Jordan. After the 1967 war they became part of Israel, but refused to recognize Israel. So again what do we call them?
They are simply a group of Arabs. But you make a valid point of what one should call this particular group of Arabs.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:25 AM

43,706 posts, read 44,464,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Well Israel isn't confirming that the plane was not shot down either. We will just have to wait and see.
Since I still can't find any mention of it further, it is quite doubtful that it even happened.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:39 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,775,567 times
Quote:
Palestinians Shoot Down Israeli F-16 Falcon Over Gaza
Hamas claims many things and take numerous videos. So where is the proof of it? Video? Photo of the wreckage?

Took awhile but found its original claim page.

المركز الفلسطيني للإعلام: القسام تعلن إسقاط طائرة Ø*ربية إسرائيلية فوق غزة بصاروخ أرض - جو - روسيا اليوم
(Use google translate to convert the webpage into english)

And here is the 1993 video it was cut from:

RAF Fairford Mid Air Collision - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies