Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 12:17 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,993,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
Broadwell send annonymous emails to Kelly, of a threatening nature. That is potentially criminal.
They were NOT of a threatening nature. Stop with the Government talking points!

"Who do you think you are?" "You need to tone it down" warrant a huge, million dollar gvt investigation......sure! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 12:31 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,807,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

And just how do you protect yourself from the FBI when they come snooping with all the resources of the government backing them up?
I have nothing to hide and do not give it any thought.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:33 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,372,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I have nothing to hide and do not give it any thought.
Same here. If they go thru my email they would probably get bored.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,807,098 times
If I were to report threatening emails to the FBI would they check it out?

( I am not a "socialite" not an honory anything)

Old 11-18-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
They were NOT of a threatening nature. Stop with the Government talking points!

"Who do you think you are?" "You need to tone it down" warrant a huge, million dollar gvt investigation......sure! LOL
Not from the point of view of LE. I have worked with stalking and angry emails are taking very seriously, as they might indicate someone that can potentially become violent.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
If I were to report threatening emails to the FBI would they check it out?

( I am not a "socialite" not an honory anything)
Probably not the FBI, but law enforcement might. It depends on the context.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:44 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,251,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh yea because I have a record of not backing up what I write?

Here you go. I can't believe how oblivious you are to what is going on...LOL

Secret ?Kill List? Tests Obama?s Principles - NYTimes.com
You get that Obama targets US Citizens by going after al queda, that's strange of you. You equate US Citizens with al queda. very strange. Since you don't believe the tripe about the threatening emails, how can you possibly believe the tripe from the rag of the link you posted? I'm confused.

Quote:
Ex-CIA director David Petraeus has told friends he was shocked to find that his biographer and girlfriend, Paula Broadwell, was suspected of sending anonymous, threatening emails to a Petraeus friend she saw as a romantic rival.
A close Petraeus associate said Monday that FBI investigators told Petraeus that Broadwell sent anonymous emails to Jill Kelley, a Petraeus family friend from his time at Central Command in Tampa, warning her to stay away from him. The Petraeus associate spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss confidential conversations with Petraeus. The CIA director resigned last week after confessing to the affair.
Strange you don't believe the FBI or news stories. Do you know more than we do? Are you in a Government Position to say this is all false? Is your security clearance secret or top secret?

Last edited by NoJiveMan; 11-18-2012 at 12:58 PM..

Old 11-18-2012, 01:33 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,592,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
what does that say about the rest of us?
The funny thing is, Paula Broadwell and David Petraeus thought they knew what they were doing. They were careful, more careful than the average American fooling around outside the bounds of marriage tends to be. When Broadwell wanted to warn off the other woman she suspected of messing with her man, she set up an anonymous email account and only used it away from home, usually on the Wi-Fi networks of hotels she was staying in. Broadwell and Petraeus also thought they could avoid having their emails intercepted in transit by technically avoiding “sending” them at all. Instead, they saved their messages to each other as “drafts” in a Gmail account to which they both enjoyed access.

But if they thought they were being smart, they were wrong.
Paula Broadwell’s big mistake - Salon.com
They should have used a one write code pad or resorted to pigeon express.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
I think most people smart enough to be in either Patraeus' position or even Broadwell's should know that you can't really hide anything you post on the WWW.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:02 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,091,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
And just how do you protect yourself from the FBI when they come snooping with all the resources of the government backing them up?
Anonymous and his/her cohorts seem be doing a rather good job at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
They should have used a one write code pad or resorted to pigeon express.
I did find that the article (if anyone actually read it) gives quite a few interesting tips on how stay under the radar while online.

But it does seem rather ironic that the Director Central Intelligence obviously wasn't aware of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies