Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 06:34 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,914 times

Advertisements

This was in Springs, Texas where the good guy Ron Haskell decided to be the bad guy with a gun. He shot and killed six relatives before being chased down and surrendering to the police. I guess Open Carry Texas has a point...the more guns the less murder.

Ronald Lee Haskell Charged In Texas Shooting That Left 6 Dead, Including 4 Children

Old 07-10-2014, 06:36 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,376 times
Well, honestly this is America...so it's too soon to discuss anything that involves the tragedy...well for pretty much ever.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:37 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,798 times
Classy way to use these childrens death for your political points. At least you didn't orgasm yourself to a rage about the T.E.A. party.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:45 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Classy way to use these childrens death for your political points. At least you didn't orgasm yourself to a rage about the T.E.A. party.
Yes, I forgot we need a proper period of mourning before we can talk about anything related to gun control...Lets mourn those who are dead and their brains who are splattered where they fell. After at least 30 days of mourning then we can talk about gun control

Old 07-10-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Yes, I forgot we need a proper period of mourning before we can talk about anything related to gun control...Lets mourn those who are dead and their brains who are splattered where they fell. After at least 30 days of mourning then we can talk about gun control

Old 07-10-2014, 06:49 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:
Of course. Every mass killing with a gun brings the issue front and center. Especially when there is an active movement in Texas, no less, to go around brandishing firearms in every public and commercial space for the sole reason to get people used to having guns in their faces everywhere they go.

The OP's point is valid. According to the radical gun advocates, anybody with a gun is your friend and you shouldn't fear him until he pulls it out and blows your head off. Then he was mentally deficient and you should have been carrying also so you could have adequately defended yourself.

I think that really is the gist of it?

Old 07-10-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Of course. Every mass killing with a gun brings the issue front and center. Especially when there is an active movement in Texas, no less, to go around brandishing firearms in every public and commercial space for the sole reason to get people used to having guns in their faces everywhere they go.

The OP's point is valid. According to the radical gun advocates, anybody with a gun is your friend and you shouldn't fear him until he pulls it out and blows your head off. Then he was mentally deficient and you should have been carrying also so you could have adequately defended yourself.

I think that really is the gist of it?
Gist of it, I suppose. What makes you and the OP think this guy was a "good guy"? If that's all your limited intellect can handle that would be the gist. You do realize you are exactly the same as those gun nuts on the "other" side, right? Exactly the same. Intellectually vapid, smug talking point parrot, and petty snark machines. Exactly the same. You and the right.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:58 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
What "gun control" law would have prevented this event from occurring? Most of the gun control advocates are focused on rifles, not the most poweful rifles, just the scary looking black rifles. However, the vast majority of gun deaths occur with a handgun and between people involved in gangs/drugs. So I ask once again, what law would have prevented the shootings?

Old 07-10-2014, 07:04 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
You also forgot, Medicaid, Medicare, and Tri-Care. Surely they contributed to this shooting as well. And old white men and the Tea Party. You left them out too.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:07 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:
Gist of it, I suppose. What makes you and the OP think this guy was a "good guy"? If that's all your limited intellect can handle that would be the gist. You do realize you are exactly the same as those gun nuts on the "other" side, right? Exactly the same. Intellectually vapid, smug talking point parrot, and petty snark machines. Exactly the same. You and the right.
I'm not an advocate for any more gun control laws. I believe that all guns should be legal and available to law abiding citizens. I'm a member of the largest gun advocacy citizen group in Arizona and have provided input to state legislators concerning our concealed carry laws and where one can have a gun. I have more true assault weapons and federal tax stamped firearms than you've probably ever seen.
I vehemently disagree with some of the strong arm tactics that the radical gun nuts put out there in the name of all gun owners and I was directly responding to your post trying to deflect the OP's valid point by bringing in the children.

Get it? You wanna go one on one with me scooter, I haven't even opened up my can of snark so bring it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies