Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 12:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

I think most have heard this story as there was a thread about it on C-D, I think. Anyway nobody can tell one like this one better than Doug Giles so here he is explaining why having a gun handy can sometimes overpower bad guys.

Good Girl with Gun Lives, Bad Guy with Knife Dies - Page 1 - Doug Giles - Townhall Conservative
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 12:38 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Again I can't see the OP's post but I can see the thread title, I guess President Obama was
correct when he said you don't bring a knife to a gun fight!

Old 01-08-2012, 12:39 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-intruder.html

Old 01-08-2012, 12:40 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Good post, sir, this is one of those 'feel good' stories that deserves to live thru several weeks of news cycle.

I have another Sarah goddess to add to my list:

goddess Sarah Chang
goddess Sarah Palin,
goddess Sarah McKinley

sarah chang - YouTube

Old 01-08-2012, 01:22 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
There has actually been about 4 of these cases in the last month or so. Saw on Nancy and Jane. In all cases, the perpertrators, were killed with guns bought for protection.

Without the gun for protection, against 2 or 3 guys coming in, really think they are going to let you live. Your finger will not protect you, 2 or 3 guys breaking into your home at one time, cannot be a good thing.
I have many police as friends, they even say, today it is best to have a gun for protection, but to safely know how to load and use the gun properly.

There are more break ins then we here of, actually a lot more going on then we know of. Some are caught some are not.

I do not want to take a chance having someone break into my home, without having protection.

Actually someone has broke into a home we once owned, and it was not a pretty sight. They ransacked the whole entire house, made a mess of things, and left notes of things they were going to do. Ended up being a nutcase who lived in the area, they did catch him, but the toll on our household was terrible.
We have guns, i know how to load them and how to shoot them, have security cameras, so that i can see what is going on outside at all times, but if someone really wants to get in, they are going to get in alarm or not.

Better safe then sorry, and i much rather see the bad guys getting killed then the good.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
There has actually been about 4 of these cases in the last month or so. Saw on Nancy and Jane. In all cases, the perpertrators, were killed with guns bought for protection.

Without the gun for protection, against 2 or 3 guys coming in, really think they are going to let you live. Your finger will not protect you, 2 or 3 guys breaking into your home at one time, cannot be a good thing.
I have many police as friends, they even say, today it is best to have a gun for protection, but to safely know how to load and use the gun properly.

There are more break ins then we here of, actually a lot more going on then we know of. Some are caught some are not.

I do not want to take a chance having someone break into my home, without having protection.

Actually someone has broke into a home we once owned, and it was not a pretty sight. They ransacked the whole entire house, made a mess of things, and left notes of things they were going to do. Ended up being a nutcase who lived in the area, they did catch him, but the toll on our household was terrible.
We have guns, i know how to load them and how to shoot them, have security cameras, so that i can see what is going on outside at all times, but if someone really wants to get in, they are going to get in alarm or not.

Better safe then sorry, and i much rather see the bad guys getting killed then the good.
More people are coming to see that they need some protection. In this case, she did call 911 and the operator told her she could do as she thought proper since there was no way any police protection could be brought to bear. Not permission to kill, mind you, but if you must you must.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:55 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
In too many states the dispatcher would have told her not to shoot. Glad she lived in a state that supported her actions. She did the right thing.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:05 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
See what you get for trying to appreciate meson and his choices? He changes the topic of the thread and then comes back at you with his crap. He is never going to take me off ignore, I hope. I did rep him for that one but will think twice before doing anything like that again.
Yeah, I agree...sad, really.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
In too many states the dispatcher would have told her not to shoot. Glad she lived in a state that supported her actions. She did the right thing.
I wonder how many people here know that the dispatcher did what he/she did because of a recent law. At least the good guy (Sarah) is still around and the bad guy got what he had coming.

I was even more happy to see that she had a handgun in the house, too. Her recently deceased husband must have been getting her ready for something like that.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:22 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
Although I'd rather see a shotgun used for home protection, she did a great job with a handgun and I give her lots of credit, she protected her family, and her house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies