Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 12:04 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times

Advertisements

I'm not passing judgement,I know there are religions where blood transfusions,transplants and such are considered not sacred to the body.

While I disagree with this and think it's a shame to force people against their belief can be wrong.

what say you?

FOXNews.com - Police: Girl Dies After Parents Pray for Healing Instead of Seeking Medical Help - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 12:07 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,175,007 times
This was already posted in the Religion and Philosophy forum yesterday.

It is very sad. I don't care what you believe. It's your daughter for crying out loud. I swear, some of the religious still live in the Middle Ages.

They should be convicted for manslaughter.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:10 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,617 times
This is unbelievable to me. As a parent, I would do ANYTHING if my son were sick and needed medical treatment. I pray and I have faith but at the same time I completely believe that God gave people the ability and brains to be doctors and scientists to come up with and administer treatments. These parents should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Diabetes is treatable and I can't imagine how sick that little girl was for the last month of her life! My niece has diabetes and it's nothing to play with. What horrible people could let their child die when there are treatments available???

Old 03-28-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
This was already posted in the Religion and Philosophy forum yesterday.

It is very sad. I don't care what you believe. It's your daughter for crying out loud. I swear, some of the religious still live in the Middle Ages.

They should be convicted for manslaughter.
that thought is understandable,but where do you draw the line of religious freedom and the moral right of society to determine interference?

Old 03-28-2008, 12:13 PM

btw some of us do not us the religious section to see this topic and while this is a relgious topic it is also political controversy.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
that thought is understandable,but where do you draw the line of religious freedom and the moral right of society to determine interference?
When you're using your religion to make decisions for people who are not of legal age to make them themselves or oppose your decision in the first place. Not to say that the girl did, but if she did, she'd still have no say in the matter because she isn't old enough.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
When you're using your religion to make decisions for people who are not of legal age to make them themselves or oppose your decision in the first place. Not to say that the girl did, but if she did, she'd still have no say in the matter because she isn't old enough.
I agree but take the Jehovah Witness,I have known a couple people who are,they love their children dearly but do not believe in blood transfusion even if it saves a life.Are we to imprison them if they allow their child to die when a blood transfusion could have saved them?

Old 03-28-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I agree but take the Jehovah Witness,I have known a couple people who are,they love their children dearly but do not believe in blood transfusion even if it saves a life.Are we to imprison them if they allow their child to die when a blood transfusion could have saved them?
Yes, because they're tampering with their childrens lives, not their own.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Yes, because they're tampering with their childrens lives, not their own.
But they believe God is the deciding factor above what all others might think,while this may seem strange to you and I to force them against their belief would be unlibertarian wouldn't it?

Old 03-28-2008, 12:40 PM

What about life support for a person under 18?,should government have more decision over parents as to keep them on life support on the possibility they may recover no matter how small of chance.....or even no chance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies