Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2012, 12:28 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
*chuckle*

Wow... you got me.

Thing is, anyone who has a simplistic grasp of literacy will immediately see that you are all talk and no walk in your discussion. Those who are not lazy, can easily follow the progression to see that I provided a quote, discussed it explaining with basic examples of its meaning to appease your questions. They will see your devious evasions and direct obtuse actions concerning that discussion in order to proclaim a victory.

The only "I thought so" that exists will be the conclusion those make while reading your commentary when it concerns your lack of ability to state or even defend a given argument.

Sorry, but as much as the kiddie thinks their fart humor is funny, the adults while polite, will ignore it. This is the accomplishment of your attempt to argue, people won't consider it because we don't consider the ramblings of immature children's complaints.

Take care, troll on, enjoy your "perceived" victory for a fantasy world is the only place it knows existence.

Also note that the bulk of responses in this thread directly conflict with your ideology, but that doesn't matter right? They don't need to agree, they simply need to submit and your ideology, as it has shown throughout history, will make sure of that.

We are done, troll someone else.
Still a non-answer.

I get it... you never had the clue. Or, you did but expected (and hoped) nobody would question you. We're done, so you may move onto the next thread to start calling people who question your whims trolls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Then charge EVERYONE the same amount.
Terrible idea.

And an idea that has led to the people I quoted earlier in my solution to you: Russians. Putin's one-size fits all is hurting the poor and middle class, and those that can afford it, are fleeing their homeland.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:33 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,028 times
Quote:
The point is they already do pay more, MUCH more. The problem is that it's still not enough for the greedy "gimme, gimme, gimme" liberals.
Precisely.

Romney, according to the IRS, paid a higher rate than only a few percent of American's. Of course, so many of the rubes in America think that that their top marginal rate, on the upper-most portion of their income, is their tax rate, when in fact, most of their income is taxed and the lower rates.

They have nary a clue as to how or what a marginal tax rate is/works. The tax rate for a particular bracket applies ONLY to income in that bracket

It5 is amazing how successful the *******s campaign to dumb-down Americans has been.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:36 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,028 times
Quote:
Then charge EVERYONE the same amount. Or are we not all equal members of society? The liberal view is that some of us are lesser members than others, no? Otherwise, everyone would be treated/taxed the same. Liberal bigotry, right in everyone's faces.
I'm all for that. Right now, almost half of tax filers are paying zero or less in taxes. Everyone needs to contribute, but *******s thank that they want to get a share of the winnings even though they didn't pony up any money to buy the lottery tickets, so to speak.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:38 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,942,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
There's nothing wrong in principle with government taxing the rich to help the poor. There, I said it. And I'm really getting sick and tired of Republicans making "redistribution of wealth" the cornerstone of their opposition to Obama and the Democrats.

True, government taxes too much and spends too much, no question - but the problem is one of degree and not of kind. It's also a problem of the federal government usurping the role of churches, charities, and state/local governments much closer to the people in need. These distinctions are important. When you rail against "redistribution of wealth" as though it's something intrinsically evil, you just sound like selfish, greedy idiots.
I haven't read the 11 pages of responses yet. But I have to say this, thought I am sure many others have already;

Yes, there is absolutely something wrong "in principle" with government redistribution of wealth. It is not the place of government to decide who gets what from whom, or to ensure an equal outcome for all. Governments should do only what is necessary to ensure that that everyone has equal ACCESS and equal OPPORTUNITY, then get out of the way.

When you take from one person what he has earned, to give it to another who has not, all you do is make a slave out of the first and a beggar of the second.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:40 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm for everybody paying their fair share! I just checked my Effective tax rate for last year (Fed and State, Cell taxes, gas and Elec taxes etc minus deductions) and it came up to 28%. Roughly 15% more than Romney paid. If it is calculated even close to the same as Romney's I'm getting EF'd.
Romney paid $1.9 million. Did you pay more than that?

Quote:
On the other end of the spectrum we have the Left: Supporting money pouring like water into corrupt goverment programs-Systems that grow the non-working class-where healthy people are getting on disability, women are getting paid for having babies that they can't support, and Immigrants are coming here jumping on welfare as soon as they leave the boat.
Yep. It's not sustainable. It will be crushed under its own weight. The rioting will be epic when the freebies stop.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:42 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Exactly.

Notice though, these minions don't care, they will preach, condemn, troll, accost, and even murder in their name. Sounds extreme, but notice how much more loose in their restrictions concerning the demeanor of context a lot of posters have become since Obama's win. They think they no longer have to hide, no longer have to be civil, that they can disregard such due to the circumstance.

That is why, like clock work, these little pawns will be everything that they have been in history. They will attack, dismiss, and insure their will is done. If you do not submit, they will eventually kill you. Their rationalization shows such, they are committed to their purpose, but...

They are cowards. Unlike those who fervently defend liberty, they can only act, only move when they think they have already won. This is why they eventually fail. They do not "believe", they only "agree" as long as they are "paid" their reward. We both know what their eventual payment is, but they are ignorant and will continue on. Each will swing the hatchet for their belief when they are solidly in the position of oppressor, but when conflict comes, when they must fight and the result is not certain, they will cower, they will ask for mercy and grovel at the feet of those who defend liberty.

They will get none.

Last edited by Nomander; 11-21-2012 at 01:02 PM..

Old 11-21-2012, 12:43 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Terrible idea.
Fair idea. Are we not all equal members of our society? Are you admitting liberals believe some are lesser members of society than others? Interesting...

Old 11-21-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Fair idea. Are we not all equal members of our society?
Equal as a person, unequal when you consider burden. Unequal in the ability to contribute. Unequal in the ability to bear burden.

Unfair. If a person making $5 million a year calls it unfair that he is paying more in taxes than a person making $50K, then a good solution would be to let them switch their places for a year and it might be better comedy than Hollywood could produce.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:52 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,942,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
The state's role is to support the role of churches, charities, and private individuals with appropriate laws, and to provide supplemental aid as needed. That supplementation will include "redistribution of wealth".
Please show us, in our nations founding documents, the phrase, statement, clause, paragraph, or amendment that calls for the state to provide to any church, charity or private individual, "supplemental aid as needed."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies