Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 07:39 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,433,675 times

Advertisements

[

Quote:
Fox News is continuing to show weakness in its primetime schedule in the wake of President Obama’s reelection. In the eight days since election day MSNBC’s average audience for the key 25-54 year old demographic drew about 8% more viewers than Fox.

Particularly impressive were the results of the two powerhouse programs on the MSNBC lineup: Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O’Donnell. [MOD CUT/copyright]
I'm not surprised. It's one thing to recite right wing talking points on issues. It's quite another though to intentionally lie and mislead your viewers as to the state of the presidential race even on election night.

Fox is either inept, blindly partisan or a combination of both. Why would anyone, even a conservative, trust Fox after their pundits were predicting a Romney landslide this election?

News Corpse » MSNBC’s Primetime Trounces Fox News Since Election Day: Maddow And O’Donnell Soar:

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-24-2012 at 02:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 08:00 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,581 times
Why would any critical thinking person watch MSNBC or any of the MSM. Wake up people, they tell you what they want you to hear, not what you need to hear.

We like to play a game around my house. We turn on one of the news stations on TV, pick a subject they are talking about and if we question what they are saying we search the internet to see what we can find. I will be damned if we have not caught them in many lies. All of them, but they all twist it to fit there agenda. Try it once, it can be fun plus it will wake you up possibly.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:01 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
I watched about 15 minutes of MadCow last night. The wench was rambling all over the place. And boring. No. Make that BORING!

For fair and balanced content, I'll stick with Fox. When I tire of the female screeching, I'll switch to Animal Planet. Most female pundits and hosts sound worse than animals in heat. Megyn Kelly and Greta are the worst of the bunch.

As a little aside, I wonder how Baracky 0bama pronounces the website that graphic is from. "NewsCorpse".

lol. What a dumb bunny that fool is.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Why would any critical thinking person watch MSNBC or any of the MSM. Wake up people, they tell you what they want you to hear, not what you need to hear.

We like to play a game around my house. We turn on one of the news stations on TV, pick a subject they are talking about and if we question what they are saying we search the internet to see what we can find. I will be damned if we have not caught them in many lies. All of them, but they all twist it to fit there agenda. Try it once, it can be fun plus it will wake you up possibly.
Fox..with Rove, Morris, and others, despite the polling showing otherwise, continued to tell their viewers Romney was going to garner over 300 electoral votes..

That's much more than just telling people what they want to hear..that's straight out deceiving them...and what's weird is Fox worshipers don't even seem to care..

Old 11-21-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I watched about 15 minutes of MadCow last night. The wench was rambling all over the place. And boring. No. Make that BORING!

For fair and balanced content, I'll stick with Fox. When I tire of the female screeching, I'll switch to Animal Planet. Most female pundits and hosts sound worse than animals in heat. Megyn Kelly and Greta are the worst of the bunch.

As a little aside, I wonder how Baracky 0bama pronounces the website that graphic is from. "NewsCorpse".

lol. What a dumb bunny that fool is.
Yep, you just stick with "fair and balanced" Fox. This last election demonstrated they really know thier stuff..lol

Btw, are you going to be attending Romney's inauguration with Morris and Rove?

Old 11-21-2012, 08:15 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Fox..with Rove, Morris, and others, despite the polling showing otherwise, continued to tell their viewers Romney was going to garner over 300 electoral votes..

That's much more than just telling people what they want to hear..that's straight out deceiving them...and what's weird is Fox worshipers don't even seem to care..
Don't defend your liberal TV stations to me. If you read my post you will see I do not watch the MSM for news, only entertainment.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:17 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post

Fox viewers are intelligent enough to know the difference between a fact and a forecast.

Good God! Are people really so stupid they don't know polls are merely guesses? Well, based on what I read here, yep. They really are that stupid.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:20 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Fox viewers are intelligent enough to know the difference between a fact and a forecast.

Good God! Are people really so stupid they don't know polls are merely guesses? Well, based on what I read here, yep. They really are that stupid.
"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people". P.T.Barnum

Old 11-21-2012, 08:20 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Both Fox and MSNBC are owned by their shareholders and sponsors.

MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell is married to Allen Greenspan, for crying out loud.

When did FOX ever take up the cause and go on a witch hunt on Wall Street for robbing the U.S. of a sustainable future? Guess it's easier to focus on that goofy Obama phone lady and whine about 4 people killed in Bengazi and ignore the thousands of service people who have died in wars, that no one understands.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:24 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
When I accidentaly tuned in Keith Olberman sometimes, I could not avoid the thought that he had to be too smart to actually believe the nonsense he was spouting. They must pay them well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies