Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 12:58 PM

112 posts, read 173,076 times

Advertisements

With all the country's around Israel who hate them and are ready to take them out They will need more rockets than what they have. I just hope if they ever need the USA this president will help them out. But I have my doubts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 12:59 PM

563 posts, read 807,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
How in the world would that be?

Could it be that Hitler would have invaded... Long Island, New York then moved his formations inland to occupy the land between Houston, Texas and Cody, Wyoming?

With every family in America owning guns wouldn't that have been a riot to occupying German soldiers unable to speak English!

If we had kept our nose out of where it wasn't wanted how would the world had changed?

Cold war would never have happened saving billions spent to defend Europe against the Soviets and kept us from wars in Korea and Vietnam saving tens of thousands of American lives.

Israel would never existed and with it the excuse to spend trillions more in the middle east.
Why wouldn't the Cold War had happened? The Germans shot themselves in the foot with Operation Barbarossa and eventually leading to the Soviet capture of Berlin. Britain was weak and could not sufficiently hold off the Axis without us. Had we not intervened and sufficiently ramped up our military technology eventually long after defeating Germany, the Soviets would come knocking on our door with nuclear weapons (which we would not have) and be forced to surrender. The world has significantly changed and we can no longer isolate ourselves.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:17 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,226,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
Why wouldn't the Cold War had happened? The Germans shot themselves in the foot with Operation Barbarossa and eventually leading to the Soviet capture of Berlin. Britain was weak and could not sufficiently hold off the Axis without us. Had we not intervened and sufficiently ramped up our military technology eventually long after defeating Germany, the Soviets would come knocking on our door with nuclear weapons (which we would not have) and be forced to surrender. The world has significantly changed and we can no longer isolate ourselves.
I suspect Britain would have signed a truce with Germany had the U.S. not been involved. Hitler never really wanted to go to war against Britain anyway; a land invasion and occupation of Great Britain was out of the question, just as an occupation of the U.S. by an overseas nation is absurd, so maybe it was a bit of unwarranted fear on Britain's part to declare war.

No way to plausibly say the Soviets would have advanced all the way to Berlin had it just been Germany fighting only the Eastern Front, or just Britain to the West. If after defeating Russia would Hitler have tried to go after the UK? Maybe, which is probably why Britain didn't want to wait and find out. Would the Germans have been able to actually occupy deep within Russia? Unlikely.

In any case I don't think Nazism would have strangled Eastern Europe for 50 years like the Soviets did. Hitler and top Nazis would have been deposed from within after a few years and the region would have been more free, as popular ideological dedication in Germany was never as strong as in the Soviet command, and, unlike Russia, free democracy was already part of the popular culture.

I mean, who is to say how it would have actually turned out. They were both bad, but I would have probably cast my lot (or the lot of Europe) with the Germans rather than the Soviets if it was just between the two.

Last edited by Clint.; 11-24-2012 at 02:18 PM..

Old 11-24-2012, 01:30 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,226,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KySS View Post
With all the country's around Israel who hate them and are ready to take them out They will need more rockets than what they have. I just hope if they ever need the USA this president will help them out. But I have my doubts.
Who will need more rockets, the Israelis? They have plenty, don't worry.

Obama has been helping Israel all along. Research the "Iron Dome". The U.S. has funded it heavily since 2008 and has built several units for Israel. How else, besides sending free technology and dollars, do you think the US should help?

Old 11-24-2012, 02:06 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
How in the world would that be?

Could it be that Hitler would have invaded... Long Island, New York then moved his formations inland to occupy the land between Houston, Texas and Cody, Wyoming?

With every family in America owning guns wouldn't that have been a riot to occupying German soldiers unable to speak English!

If we had kept our nose out of where it wasn't wanted how would the world had changed?

Cold war would never have happened saving billions spent to defend Europe against the Soviets and kept us from wars in Korea and Vietnam saving tens of thousands of American lives.

Israel would never existed and with it the excuse to spend trillions more in the middle east.
Hitler signed a non aggression treaty with the Soviet Union to buy time until he occupied Europe. You saw how he respected his obligation to the Russians. Once he defeated the Brits, he was about to turn his attention to the US (which he didn't like very much...). By 1945 he was about to posses nuclear warheads and intercontinental missiles. You could wipe your a** with your handguns and rifles.

German submariners ridiculed the US seeing how unprepared we were and the German command payed attention and liked what they heard. Anyway, since people like you (and Buchanan) consider Hitler a non-threat, I have no more doubts about your opinion regarding Iran's nuclear potential. Case closed.

World War II - The Enemy Presence: German U-Boats

History: WW II U-boats off the Florida coast Naples Sun Times

Old 11-24-2012, 02:41 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
As usual Pat Buchanan is correct in his assessment. Pat knows who the real enemy is in this situation. The American people have been played for years at the hand of Israel. Listen to what Pat says.
Pat Buchanan: 300 nukes in Israel yet Iran a threat? - YouTube
Always liked his foreign policy.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:52 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
Resorting to ad hominem attacks never work. Read my sentence again.

The two-state solution was proposed twice before Israel was even formed. The Arabs rejected it both times, the Jews accepted it both times. Every further attempt to form two states failed because they disagreed on how to divide it. A two-state solution is inevitable, but it appears both government sides won't agree to it, despite the majority support of the civilians. I do hope that they put down their guns and move towards peace, which Hamas (who gained full control over Gaza illegally in 2007 by betraying the coalition with Fatah) does not seem to understand the futility of fighting against Goliath and cause unnecessary bloodshed among Gaza civilians.
I'm sorry but why should Arabs have cosigned to a two state solution pre-1948?

Old 11-24-2012, 03:05 PM

112 posts, read 173,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint. View Post
Who will need more rockets, the Israelis? They have plenty, don't worry.

Obama has been helping Israel all along. Research the "Iron Dome". The U.S. has funded it heavily since 2008 and has built several units for Israel. How else, besides sending free technology and dollars, do you think the US should help?

I know about the Iron Dome and yes USA has sent some help I wasn't talking about things I mean bodies to fight if they get into war. Why hasn't BO ever visited Israel? He has been everywhere else. He is not 100% for Israel, Most people know that.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:07 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KySS View Post
I know about the Iron Dome and yes USA has sent some help I wasn't talking about things I mean bodies to fight if they get into war. Why hasn't BO ever visited Israel? He has been everywhere else. He is not 100% for Israel, Most people know that.
First of all Israel can handle itself. It has no need for American soldiers. Israel has a large enough well trained reserve army that it can mobilize very quickly. Secondly Israel has no need for foreign dignitaries to visit. Israel completely understands the required perception the US needs to keep in the eyes of Arab countries.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:20 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
LOL what "white" democracy is that? Israel? ROFL you are a riot.

Obviously this one didn't read the book he is talking about,probably just read the cover or back and thinks he knows what Buchanan was talking about...doesn't really shock me though. I have read all of Buchanan's books they are awesome works and very true.
Well Israel isn't a green democracy or blue democracy, right?

Last time I looked Israelis are white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies