Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 10:32 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Really? So my house and 401K have recovered their value? My neighbors all have jobs???? Man, someone forgot to tell us...

If you believe that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. Yes, we moved up from the bottom but we have FAR FROM recovered. Not even close.
I'd love to know what rock some of these people live under

It improved over the last 4??? Really????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 02:42 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
The UE rate is pretty much useless as they currently report it.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:54 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Seems you said a whole lot of nothing in this post. Some explanation is in order.
Seems you're asking for an explanation of the obvious.

But I'll play along a little bit.

Quote:
What has he repaired so far? How are things better because of those repairs.
He kept the economic disaster of 2008 from sliding into another depression.

He ended the Iraq fiasco. He's ending the Afghanistan fiasco. Both mindlessly devolved into senseless quagmires by his predecessor.

He revived the US auto industry, against strident GOP opposition.

Quote:
Could you clarify what the "control freakish social aganda of the irrational right" is?
Anti-abortion, anti-science, injecting their religion into the public sphere where it has no place.

Quote:
And how things are better/will become better because he opposes whatever it is you're talking about here?
America is a nation that has always been forward-looking. Powerful social forces (religious right) desperately want to halt that vision and progress in favor of a return to the past. That's not America. That's Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:08 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Seems you're asking for an explanation of the obvious.

But I'll play along a little bit.

He kept the economic disaster of 2008 from sliding into another depression.

He ended the Iraq fiasco. He's ending the Afghanistan fiasco. Both mindlessly devolved into senseless quagmires by his predecessor.

He revived the US auto industry, against strident GOP opposition.

Anti-abortion, anti-science, injecting their religion into the public sphere where it has no place.

America is a nation that has always been forward-looking. Powerful social forces (religious right) desperately want to halt that vision and progress in favor of a return to the past. That's not America. That's Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Are you flippin high! We have guys rotateing on and off the Iraq border right now and more guys are deploying to Afghanistan next month!!! Tell those guys the war has ended

Old 11-27-2012, 04:12 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
CAMBRIDGE September 20, 2010 - The Business Cycle Dating Committee of the National Bureau of Economic Research met yesterday by conference call. At its meeting, the committee determined that a trough in business activity occurred in the U.S. economy in June 2009. The trough marks the end of the recession that began in December 2007 and the beginning of an expansion. The recession lasted 18 months, which makes it the longest of any recession since World War II. Previously the longest postwar recessions were those of 1973-75 and 1981-82, both of which lasted 16 months.
Business Cycle Dating Committee, National Bureau of Economic Research

That pretty much refutes that Obama had much of anything to do with the recovery. Obama was still rearranging furniture in the White House when they announced that the recession was over and the economy had started expanding.

Another Great Depression huh?
Quote:
Post-2014 Afghanistan Troop Levels Remain Undecided

By Army Sgt. 1st Class Tyrone C. Marshall Jr.
American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, Nov. 26, 2012 – Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta has yet to forward a recommendation to the White House on how many U.S. troops should remain in Afghanistan after 2014, Pentagon Press Secretary George Little said today.
Defense.gov News Article: Post-2014 Afghanistan Troop Levels Remain Undecided

Old 11-27-2012, 04:14 PM

1,264 posts, read 1,552,562 times
They are finally going to get to the high speed rail plan in action.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:40 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
1. Continue to repair the damage of the Bush years.

2. Oppose the control freakish social agenda of the irrational right.

3. Promote science over superstition.
This was my favorite post, especially the comment on science. Obama the witch doctor, yeah that guy with the bone in his nose, that said "By this time next year trucks will go twice as far on a gallon of gas." That witch doctor and his Bill Clinton's EPA have no clue about any science and or what a Air to Fuel ration IS.

But of course we all know Bill never did understand the word 'IS' and he still doesn't. The economy going down is directly related to Bill' and his artificial sense of economics. That bubble blew in 2004 and bottomed out in 2008.

But this comment on science is just over the top...

The facts are now that Obama is going to sting the very people who voted him in and in these next 4 years I promise you by the end you will be poorer than you are now, and we will all feel the sting from Obama.

And to the OP no can answer because Obama isn't going to do anything good for the USA, unless your a lefty and want to see the USA fail, which is very likely if not certain.

This in fact is what the liberal mind set wants. To punish the wealthy, which will have the affect that no one gets jobs.

The only problem is the left has no idea the govt can't give what it can't TAKE.

The dollar is in the DUMP. Last week i figured it out and the dollar then was worth 4 cents silver..... last week it took 26 paper notes to buy 1 silver dollar.

That makes a silver dime worth $2.60, and or penny on the dollar at 4 cents.

Today the cost of that silver dollar is higher but i have other things to do than figure out what a paper note is worth.

Probably by the next time I get a round to it, the dollar with be negative cents... A sad state of affairs from the spoiled rotten left.

I hope they are happy when it gets to the point they get a Govt cardboard box to live in and a dixie cup of plain white rice, because that will be what this Admin is giving out in 4 years ....

Old 11-27-2012, 05:27 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
He ended the Iraq fiasco.

I see you bought that, hook line and sinker as the saying goes. It was the Dem partyline. Obama's "Forward" (march) slogan. Still is, but the left doesn't know and doesn't ask, "forward WHERE?"

As for Iraq, it's turning into another Iran. You haven't heard? Didn't notice? Now it will really be a fiasco.
And it's all Obama's now. Let's see how he handles that.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:46 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Lots of sore losers in this thread!

Old 11-27-2012, 05:48 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Wade,

Don't waste your breath or typing skills on this one. You'll never get anyone to agree that Obama could do anything positive. Waste of time here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies