Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 02:52 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I agree you are flushing your future away, but it is because you aren't pulling your weight, looking after your future. Don't worry, the money they earn is still here, and you can earn your too. It is an infinite, NOT finite pie.

I know a guy who started a small business as part of a high-school project and now is a force in the fishing tackle business. Go invent your invention, create your web site and build or sell or whatever your way into wealth, instead of crying like a baby over an unfortunate Community Chest draw.

You guys are fond of saying that the rich's attitude is "I got mine, to heck with you", but really, it is
"I got mine, and you can go get yours too".
Dude, you don't know me, don't pretend you do. I already have mine, I've been retired since I was 53, been debt free for 30 years, and by some measures I'm in the top 7% to 12% at the moment.

I started out with a paper route at 8 or 9, had several in a few years, and was actually subbing them out to others for a profit. But do tell me about "someone you know" made good, LOL. I've been there kiddo, I ran a business with 4 or 5 full time employees and dozens of sub trades. And when I had "free time" I was reconstructing the home I lived in, nine flips later I have more than I can spend in two lifetimes. I now GIVE it to bright young kids starting out to help get them out of debt. My daughter, 36, has two masters and is about to finish her PHD at Southern Florida.

But you sit there in mommy's basement dreaming about that carrot you been chasing. Keep lecturing the successful on why their not successful. I gotta get back to my 2012 tax trial runs trying to figure out how much I should pass the the tax machine. Right now I'm looking at $98k...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So why are you whining for more?
You rwnj's are the only whiners out there, whining about someone you don't know, will never meet, much less ever be paying a a tax rate a few percentage points higher, but much lower than during raygun's glory days

Old 12-03-2012, 03:00 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
You rwnj's are the only whiners out there
We want everyone to pay LESS. You're the only ones insisting anyone pay more.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
We want everyone to pay LESS. You're the only ones insisting anyone pay more.
We have a $16 T debt, max cuts for everyone isn't going to fix that.

If you run up a serious personal debt does taking a pay cut the right medicine?

It is time to pay the bill for past wars and past follies.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
We have a $16 T debt, max cuts for everyone isn't going to fix that.

If you run up a serious personal debt does taking a pay cut the right medicine?

It is time to pay the bill for past wars and past follies.
No. It's time to stop spending on the working-age able-bodied deadbeats who contribute nothing.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
No. It's time to stop spending on the working-age able-bodied deadbeats who contribute nothing.
Who, like my 77 yo mother, small SS check, partial section 8 voucher for a one room efficiency, working two part time jobs to pay her way. You want her to ante up more, maybe take on a third job? Over the weekend the frame on her car broke and i spent the day looking for a replacement, who do you think is paying for that?

Or my 54 yo sister with cerebral palsy, no sense of balance, living on disability, section 8 voucher in a tiny public housing apartment, working in a sheltered workshop, what you want from her, she's willing.

I am about sick of you rwnj loons and your mindless bashing of the working poor, lame, and disadvantaged. A pox on your whole family, may you have to live their lives to find out how wrong you are.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:02 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Is that where all the money is going?

How about Medicare, SS, Military Defense, and Medicaid? ONE of which is for the poor.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Who, like my 77 yo mother, small SS check, partial section 8 voucher for a one room efficiency, working two part time jobs to pay her way. You want her to ante up more, maybe take on a third job? Over the weekend the frame on her car broke and i spent the day looking for a replacement, who do you think is paying for that?
Why is she more special than anyone else? Everyone can and should pay.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:16 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Quote:

They have made many landlords wealthy.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:18 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Quote:
Why is she more special than anyone else? Everyone can and should pay.

Maybe her apartment has a lot of 'extra special' property tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies