Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 10:22 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times

Advertisements

I see a lot of Liberal gloating around here, and some of it is kinda funny although i think it's went on a little too long. Of course, i realize that the Conservatives on this board were insufferable in the run-up to the election. And i still can't believe that they live in a bubble so insulated that they could believe half of the stuff they were fed by Fox News and the rest of the conservative echo chamber.

That aside, i just can't help but wonder what conservatives would be saying or doing had Romney won. If the election had went their way, you wouldn't believe the things they'd be saying and doing. They would've been SHOCKINGLY nasty. And God only knows that they'd be saying about Obama. If you think they're still trashing Jimmy Carter, that would've paled in comparison to what they would be saying about Obama.

But what say you? How do you think conservatives would behave had Romney won? This cartoon below probably isn't far off. LMAO..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 10:29 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,471,006 times
Well, Romney didn't win, so the question is pretty irrelevant (kinda like the lying and misleading threads started by RWNJ's are getting to be).

And BTW, most of any so-called "gloating" has just been the reactions to Republican "De Nile", to their many drama queen excuses, and basically because they've been such sore and childish losers.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Well, Romney didn't win, so the question is pretty irrelevant (kinda like lying and misleading threads started by RWNJ's are getting to be).

And BTW, most of any so-called "gloating" has just been the reactions to Republican "De Nile", drama queen excuses, and basically being such sore and childish losers.
No, he didn't win. But i do wonder about a post Romney win.

As far as the gloating goes, i've participated a little bit, but i really have tried not to get carried away. I certainly agree that in the run-up to the election, the RWNJ's went out of their minds with their predictions. I tried to tell them to back off of their poll watching and crazy Dick Morris based prognostications, but they would rip me and keep going.

Again, what continues to amaze me his how much Fox News they watch. I knew they watched Fox quite a bit, but i didn't realize that they hang onto EVERY SINGLE WORD they hear over there, and believe it even more than the pundits who say it!! LMAO....

I mean, i don't think Dick Morris and Karl Rove believes half the crap they say, but these Fox News acolytes are pouring the Kool-Aid down their throats without even mixing it with water. It's astounding.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,888,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Well, Romney didn't win, so the question is pretty irrelevant (kinda like the lying and misleading threads started by RWNJ's are getting to be).

And BTW, most of any so-called "gloating" has just been the reactions to Republican "De Nile", to their many drama queen excuses, and basically because they've been such sore and childish losers.
ok, the first part of your answer is relavent and true; GOP lost the White House, who knows what would have happened if it had been the other way around, but the other part is nonsense...Gloating, for any reason is childish to say the least...

Old 11-26-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ok, the first part of your answer is relavent and true; GOP lost the White House, who knows what would have happened if it had been the other way around, but the other part is nonsense...Gloating, for any reason is childish to say the least...
It still begs the question: why are Conservatives so drunk on Fox News and their silly prognostications? I mean, Dick Morris was saying "landslide" and most Conservatives apparently believed it.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:57 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,843,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No, he didn't win. But i do wonder about a post Romney win.

As far as the gloating goes, i've participated a little bit, but i really have tried not to get carried away. I certainly agree that in the run-up to the election, the RWNJ's went out of their minds with their predictions. I tried to tell them to back off of their poll watching and crazy Dick Morris based prognostications, but they would rip me and keep going.

Again, what continues to amaze me his how much Fox News they watch. I knew they watched Fox quite a bit, but i didn't realize that they hang onto EVERY SINGLE WORD they hear over there, and believe it even more than the pundits who say it!! LMAO....

I mean, i don't think Dick Morris and Karl Rove believes half the crap they say, but these Fox News acolytes are pouring the Kool-Aid down their throats without even mixing it with water. It's astounding.
I am with you on the bolded area!!

I honestly did not know or maybe I did and just didn't believe that so many people believe the stuff on Fox News. I cannot even watch them for more than 10 minutes at a time and when I do it is just so ridiculous that I ask people to change the channel. And FWIW, it wouldn't bother me if they were just conservative focused yet not so far out of tune.

The fact that they kept saying that Romney would win when so many legitimate sources, including Nate Silver's math geekiness said that Romney would not, was pretty astounding! It is mind boggling to know that in this day and age, people still will just believe what they want to believe just because and then be so surprised when things don't go their way. It is crazy.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:02 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,960,503 times
Quote:
It still begs the question: why are Conservatives so drunk on Fox News and their silly prognostications? I mean, Dick Morris was saying "landslide" and most Conservatives apparently believed it.
People believe what they want to, regardless of the facts. And Fox news feeds right into that.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:09 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,737,411 times
Quote:
I'm not sure most conservatives believed Dick Morris. I live in a very conservative area and didn't hear anyone claiming that Romney was going to win in a landslide. I've never liked Dick Morris. I think he is a sleeze. Hopefully his false claims have ended his career.

I honestly don't believe conservatives would have been more obnoxious had Romney won. I'm sure some would have been, but there are plenty of reasonable conservatives here. I never made a single prediction that Romney would win, because I honestly didn't know what would happen, but one of my posts with an article about turnout at a Romney rally got bumped up a week or two after the election by liberals being obnoxious. It didn't bother me, I didn't say anything that anyone could "throw back in my face" as the libs were claiming to do.

I'm honestly not sure why people are celebrating. Your guy won, and I get being happy about that for a day or two. But our country is $16 Trillion dollars in debt. The stock market is down 300-400 points since the election. First time unemployment claims have been going up. The Middle east is still in turmoil, and we still have no budget. And the fiscal cliff is coming. And we just voted back in almost all of the same people. So I don't get the weeks long celebration while there are clearly so many problems. Unless people are celebrating getting to keep their free phones, I don't see much to celebrate about.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:15 AM

32,126 posts, read 34,797,313 times
Romney would have had a smile on his face that would have induced chunk-spewing in liberals from NYC to San Francisco.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:24 AM

39,106 posts, read 51,306,911 times
Republicans: bitter in defeat, yet gracious in victory? Somehow I don't think so. I'm happy we will never really know. We came frighteningly close to losing 70 years of social progress in this election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies