Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 01:46 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times

Advertisements

This is a sad story all around. First off, it sounds like this man has been harassed and stolen from before from previous articles on this story. But today he admitted to first shooting them after they broke in and then "finishing them off" after they were down.

The teens were not armed.

I feel bad for the kids who lost their lives, but at the same time they screwed up big time. Anyone should know you are risking your life when you break into someone's home.

But it almost seems that this man was hunting them and laying in wait.

Regardless of what side of the gun debate you are on, this is a very sad story.

Little Falls man describes 'finishing' teenagers with shots to heads - TwinCities.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 01:50 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Well good thing there's no racial element here so the facts can speak for themselves. I'm coming down on the side of the old man.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:53 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,220,032 times
I'd agree with EdwardA. I lay in wait every night after I go to bed. I'm not putting up a sign that says try it once shame on you, twice shame on me. Just don't try it. And maybe he wasn't a good shot and took extra care to get his aim down right. Maybe he should'a taken pictures to put in front of the house, just for good measure. If that's what this screwed up country has come to.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Well good thing there's no racial element here so the facts can speak for themselves. I'm coming down on the side of the old man.
In a previous article before these facts came out it said that the man's house had been broken into before and he lost $10,000 worth of guns and cash. So in reality he could have believed that they had the guns that were stolen from him.

But the part of him taking the 22 handgun and shooting the girl in the chest several times and then one under the chin I think is going to send him to prison for the rest of his life.

If the kids had parents who asked a few questions about what they were doing and followed up and actually disciplined them none of this would have happened.

I guess maybe the parents of the 17 year old should do some time in prison as well. Even if it's a year. I think parents should be held partially responsible for the actions of their children up until those children are 18, unless they legally disavow them and give up all rights as far as foodstamps/welfare ect.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:57 PM

Speaking of the racial element, notice they found the best pictures they could of these kids? Makes them look like honors students.

If these would have been black kids they would have found their mugshots for sure. And these kids have a long history of breaking the law.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:58 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
I don't feel bad for those kids at all -- they were predators, and those who break into peoples' homes are very dangerous criminals, very often prepared to kill the homeowner for his possessions.

Society is better off without criminals and home invasions.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:59 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
No one defends the right to defend yourself and property more than I, but you can't finish them off. That is 1st degree murder.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't feel bad for those kids at all -- they were predators, and those who break into peoples' homes are very dangerous criminals, very often prepared to kill the homeowner for his possessions.

Society is better off without criminals and home invasions.
I won't disagree with you or argue, but you have to admit that was pretty hard core shooting an 18 year old girl who was probably crying and begging for her life in the chest like that and then a head shot. Wow.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:01 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
Why do people keep breaking into this man's house? What does he have that the kids want? Drugs? The cops need to do some investigative work.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:02 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,905,974 times
The man had a right to defend his home. But, geez, was it really necessary to blow their brains out like something out of Pulp Fiction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies