Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 11:34 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,310,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
So, what is Comrade O'bummer going to do about it? I think China thinks O'bummer is a very weak leader and it is now time to expand it's borders and become the number one super power. Be warned!

https://mail.google.com/mail/h/raomo...b49d1add53411b : smack:
All this bluster about ONE DAMN AIRCRAFT CARRIER that is not even ready for combat operations.

Hell, the Chinese are just celebrating the fact that one of their pilots made THE FIRST CARRIER LANDING!

Yes the Chinese will build more aircraft carriers but as of now their navy poses NO CREDIBLE THREAT TO THE NAVAL SUPERIORITY OF THE U.S. NAVY.

Find something else to worry about when it comes to China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 01:27 PM

78,535 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Quote:
So, what is Comrade O'bummer going to do about it? I think China thinks O'bummer is a very weak leader and it is now time to expand it's borders and become the number one super power. Be warned!

China started on this path about 27 years ago when Reagan was president.

I'm guessing your repeated use of the icon was you actually whacking yourself repeatedly in the head with a hammer perhaps? I'm otherwise lacking an explanation for you post.

Quote:
Since 1985, China has acquired four retired aircraft carriers for study, the Australian HMAS Melbourne and the ex-Soviet carriers Minsk, Kiev and Varyag. Reports state that two 50,000-60,000 ton Type 089 aircraft carriers based on the Varyag, are due to be finished by 2015.
(From wikipedia)

Old 11-29-2012, 01:30 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,832,349 times
Little late with the news about this great aircraft carrier..This is an old report..Just remember who built the thing- YOU did...so foolish- Every time YOU walked into Walmart and handed over a dollar for garbage goods from China - that was another dollar you contributed to this sea going fortress...America is real dumb...What did you think China was going to spend American money on.....French wine and sushi?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:37 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,849,247 times
All the aircraft carriers in the world:

http://www.wuala.com/en/api/preview/...20Carriers.gif

We need to reduce our military spending, not increase it. We should pressure our allies to spend more on their militaries so the US does not have to bear the burden of global security alone.

As it is we are effectively subsidizing European healthcare by spending all our money on our military so Europe doesn't have to.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:44 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
China is no fool they know that allies are built thru beig able to defend the allaince. hey know that a weaker state often relies on a strong state in allances. Only fools believe you can just not bother anyone else and you will be fine.This si a direct resonse to USincrasig it alliance i the east and to be expected. I the end influence mean you have to have the power to defend yuour beliefs like always i the world. If not then Syria would be peaceful now.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:46 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,832,349 times
The good ship SS Walmart.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:48 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,083,710 times
Someone remind me how long it takes to train a pilot much less one who is proficiently experienced at conducting carrier operations?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:53 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
One old, small (half the displacement of any of the US's), limited capability (carries half as many planes as the US ships) - and actually rather crummy - AC does not exactly make China the "number one super power" - not to mention the fact that simply having such a vessel is a FAR CRY from having any kind of experience and expertice in actually USING such a force effectively. In any event India already has a similar carrier - as does Brazil and several other countries.

It IS clear that China's power is on the rise, but it's not ANYTHING that will come ANYWHERE NEAR approaching US power during Obama's time. Twenty years from now, that may be different, but over the next four years it's nothing to be concerned with.

Ken
And we still got 5-10K nuclear ICBM's to give em a reality check if they get i bit overconfident..
Although i cant see them giving their number 1 customer a hard time to begin with..
We could probably save some money by cutting our naval fleet in half..

Old 11-29-2012, 01:55 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,353,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
And we still got 5-10K nuclear ICBM's to give em a reality check if they get i bit overconfident..
Although i cant see them giving their number 1 customer a hard time to begin with..
Indeed.

Ken

Old 11-29-2012, 01:58 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,835,296 times
Quote:

Before you get all bent out of shape over China's ex-russian twinkie carrier, you should look closer at what we've got:

One US aircraft carrier has a more powerful air force than 70% of all countries. [VIDEO]

And there are 11 of them with 3 under construction.

In fact, check our our navy:

List of current ships of the United States Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vs the Chinese navy:

List of active People's Liberation Army Navy ships - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We've got them so incredibly out gunned that it it's almost funny. So do you want Obama to build MORE ships?

Last edited by Chango; 11-29-2012 at 02:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies