Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 06:00 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,659,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What's wrong with a Business degree from a 4 year local state / community school that does not require you having a "Mountain of Debt" ?

Students should stay out of debt and choose their careers better. It is very possible, millions of us have done it.
Even community colleges have tuition. A lot of people working at minimum wage jobs have two jobs, meaning their time is also seriously restricted. It's a vicious circle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 06:06 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,989,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Even community colleges have tuition. A lot of people working at minimum wage jobs have two jobs, meaning their time is also seriously restricted. It's a vicious circle.
Yep, making a good life for yourself isn't always easy. We should just cut to the chase and legislate that nobody has to work hard to get anything in life. I had to work pretty hard myself and every day I'm thankful and I remember what I had to go through to make myself a better person...its a vicious circle of trying to improve my situation all the time.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:08 PM

40,955 posts, read 49,242,733 times
Quote:
College is not for everyone. We need people to be our plumbers, painters and auto mechanics.

You can make a good wage working with your hands.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:14 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,686,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
Who cares if they want a better wage? If I was earning $7 an hour in New York and saw my employer make millions by the minute I'd want a piece of the pie too! Do you really want a country where there are islands of extreme wealth amongst a sea of poverty? If so, I suggest you go to Colombia or Venezuela

Better that McDonalds shares a bit of its wealth than those workers break in to your house in the middle of night to make extra money
Here's your clue: Start your own business.

Liberal fools seem to think everything is profit.

So.......start our own fast food joint.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,557,218 times
Quote:
You just posted a few threads back that a lot of people working there are college graduates that can't find jobs.

Now it's a lot of people working 2 min wage jobs that can't go go college.

Where are your stats coming from ? Provide proof of the demographics of fast food workers please ?

Old 11-29-2012, 06:19 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,134,380 times
Quote:
Corporations can afford it
Says who?

You're so obviously oblivious to what owning or running a business entails, it's laughable.

Tell you what - go buy a McDonald's franchise, run it for three years, and then come back and tell us about all the millions you make, and how you pay your employees $15/hour.

No, you won't do that. Not only because you can't, but because you know that your idealistic bubble would be burst. Deep down, you know how insane the crap you spout is, but you can't bring yourself to admit it because it doesn't fit your utopian dream world ideal. Must be nice to have the luxury of not having to face reality.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:21 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,207,793 times
I'm still waiting for that one career burger flipping poster to come kicking the door down into this thread with more excuses of how everything is unfair and impossible, before somehow twisting the thread into a discussion of zoning laws and how he can't buy the Hobbit Home of his dreams.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:24 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,207,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Says who?

You're so obviously oblivious to what owning or running a business entails, it's laughable
Heh! In another thread she enlightened us with the "fact" that corporations settle lawsuits because they are guilty.

No, they do it because of math.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:48 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,961,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
You have been brainwashed by the rich. Why don't you send a contribution to the "Save the Rich" charity? Honestly $7.25 or $5 is much of a muchness. What type of life is someone going to have on that wage? And before you give me the tired old "well they should go to school" line, I hope you realise many people earning that wage are college graduates who can't find a job in their chosen career due to the economy.

Could you point me to the part where you answered my question?

Old 11-29-2012, 06:51 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,961,790 times
Quote:
They are asking for a living wage of $15 an hour.
So then I would assume that all the jobs out there that pay $15 an hour now should have their wages increased as well? Or are they suggesting that people making 15 dollars an hour now should make the same as position that anyone can do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies