Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 06:21 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times

Advertisements

Please dems only:

Please answer this for me.

Are you worried about the debt and the deficit?

If not why? At what amount would you be worried?

If you are worried about it, how do you want us to get out of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 07:47 AM

So after a hr and a half no dem wants to answer the questions? Or do you all have me on ignore? Only 10 have even looked at my thread! I see how you all are, ignore what you dont want to hear! I might not agree with you but I will not ignore anyone with a different opinion than mine. Thats democracy!

Old 11-30-2012, 10:33 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
good luck with it mike. A similar thread just posted by areoguy got over 100 replies, many from D's, but not one would directly confront the question.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Please dems only:

You put a narrow qualification to a subject on which potentially dozens of active threads exist, only to end up whining about not getting anybody's attention. But, feeling your pain, and the ditto-heads, allow me to ignore some and accept some of your "challenge".

1-Are you worried about the debt and the deficit?
Yes.

2- If not why? At what amount would you be worried?
N/A

3-If you are worried about it, how do you want us to get out of it?
I think President Obama's plan spells it out fairly well. The question is, are YOU aware of it?

Old 11-30-2012, 12:30 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
I agree with this:
Squirming Hawks - NYTimes.com

Old 11-30-2012, 12:37 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Please dems only:

not worried at all. It's easy...you use the BofA to pay off the Chase card. Then you use the Chase card to pay off Capital One, Wells Fargo and 5th Third. Then you use the 5th Third card to pay your most of your monthly expenses, use the Wells Fargo card to buy the latest Paris Fashions and the Capital One card to pay off BofA.

It's a very simple process you just have to be creative.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:38 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
If we could go back to the debt and deficit levels we had during the Clinton years, we'd be fine.

But that of course would involve raising taxes and slashing military spending -- neither of which the Rs will allow, so over the fiscal cliff we go.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:44 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Please dems only:

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618
1. A pullback on what remains the single greatest component of our structure deficit; the Bush tax cuts.

2. A conclusion to the Afghan war.

3. Entitlement reform.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:50 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
good luck with it mike. A similar thread just posted by areoguy got over 100 replies, many from D's, but not one would directly confront the question.

It takes a libertarian to answer such questions not inbred, blue bloods or lumpenproles with heads full of marshmallow cream.

I presented the libertarian philosophies of the founders of this country along with every classical economist. I provided the new realities of soft money and debt deflation complete with explanations and references. I could see Salvador Dali brains melting in their mindless stupor as none of my points was addressed while it is presumed I made them up myself.

There is no luck. The miserable fate of forgotten enlightenment awaits.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I was starting to think all dems put me on ignore for some reason. My last few threads have gotten little to no response at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies