Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 05:39 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,801 times

Advertisements

The Feminization of Males....Secular progressives always trying to go against human nature...they never learn!!

Girls with (toy) guns: Swedish retailer causes stir with gender-neutral catalogue - thestar.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 06:06 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
The Feminization of Males....Secular progressives always trying to go against human nature...they never learn!!

Girls with (toy) guns: Swedish retailer causes stir with gender-neutral catalogue - thestar.com
Real men (and boys) can play with whatever toys they want. Who cares?

Old 12-03-2012, 06:09 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,801 times
Quote:
Real men (and boys) can play with whatever toys they want. Who cares?
When they're being forced into playing with certain toys....No its not right!!!

Old 12-03-2012, 06:17 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:

But the boy has a BLUE vacuum! LOL

Hmm...girls playing with guns. When I was a kid I found a German gun up in the attic. My father brought it back from his service in WWII.

I played with it a lot. I could take it apart and put it back together, and got really good at it. What influence did that have on my life? NONE hahahaha

EDIT: You mention 'human nature'. Are you confessing that men really are slobs at heart? That if they live alone they never vacuum, never iron their clothes, never do the dishes? Or do you ASSume all men have a maid..er, I mean a wife, to do that stuff?

Old 12-03-2012, 06:20 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,763 times
Quote:
Agreed. But that doesn't seem to be what's happening. They're just advertising going against the stereotypes so parents and such feel comfortable buying whatever toys their children want regardless of their gender.

Nobody is saying (well not many people, at least) that boys can't play with toy trucks and toy guns - only that they can also play with dolls, ironing boards, and vacuum cleaners if they so choose.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:24 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:

This is not really controversial.

You should stick with real, relevant issues. Not some non-issue ads over in Sweden.
You have to learn to pick your battles. Getting "offended" over every little thing won't be productive.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:42 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Isn't this catalog doing the opposite?

Old 12-03-2012, 09:49 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
I don't see what the big deal is. Toy catalogs here make me sick with girls playing with toy vacuum cleaners and toiling in toy kitchens while boys play with trains and remote-controlled cars...then you go into most married couples' homes and what do you see? A woman cooking or cleaning while a lazy good-for-nothing lounges on the couch playing video games or watching TV.

If this catalog takes one step towards reversing that, good for them.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:50 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
lol that blue vacuum cleaner is hilarious.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:55 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
God knows boys shouldn't play with vacuum cleaners because god knows boys will never need to help around the house - not many fences to men or cattle to tend even in the suburbs these days - or know how to clean their fracking apartments when they get older!

And girls, being comfortable with guns, how crazy is that...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies