Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:14 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Odds are, Ron Paul has been right at a 99% success rate.
Oh? You mean the guy that has been preaching for years that the Fed tripling the money supply was going to drive up interest rate, cause hyperinflation and devalue the dollar? That guy?

Perhaps nobody told him that the dollar is strong, inflation is about 2% and interest rates are at record lows.

The thing about ideologues is that they never question their ideology when the facts contradict the ideology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 10:14 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,756,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
He's a fool for saying Ron Paul has no influence? Why?

Last I checked, influential people get elected to a higher level.

Ron Paul hardly has much influence in the Lack Jackson, TX area, much less nationally.
If you don't understand then my explaining it to you is just a waste of my time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I hope you aren't comparing the idiots talking seccession these days to those people. That would be like comparing a Ford Pinto to a Ferrari.
How so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Remove the scales from my eyes. Tell me one significant accomplishment he can boast of in his 23 years as a member of the most powerful legislative body on the planet. Almost nothing he supported ever actually happened. Not term limits. Not a return to the gold standard. Not the prevention of reimplementation of draft registration. Of the 620 bills that Paul had sponsored through December 2011, over a period of more than 22 years in Congress, only one had been signed into law – a lifetime success rate of less than 0.3%. The sole measure authored by Paul that was ultimately enacted allowed for a federal customhouse to be sold to a local historic preservation society (H.R. 2121 in 2009).

So tell me again about my blindness and foolishness. I love the smell of irony in the morning.

Because he is the most conservative voice on the US Supreme Court and even he thinks you secessionists are nut burgers.
He started a movement for freedom and liberty,he has gotten young folks ( ya know the future of this country) to open their eyes and see the road we are walking down is leading no where but disaster and young folks are running for office and winning we are changing the way things work...maybe you don't see it because you are blind or just hate Dr Paul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
This is what I don't get about Ron Paul. About 80% of people i know or meet that are of my generation (30's) describe themselves as some sort of libertarian, and are all for Ron Paul. It does not translate to any real support or nominations other than just noise.
We are getting people elected all over the place. Look up Ron Paul endorsed candidates or influenced candidates who have won office.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:17 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,756,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Oh? You mean the guy that has been preaching for years that the Fed tripling the money supply was going to drive up interest rate, cause hyperinflation and devalue the dollar? That guy?

Perhaps nobody told him that the dollar is strong, inflation is about 2% and interest rates are at record lows.

The thing about ideologues is that they never question their ideology when the facts contradict the ideology.
Tell me. Do you remember how much eggs were say 3 years ago? I do 99 cents a dozen. Now I pay almost 2$ for the same kind of eggs...the dollar is losing its value and everything else he said would happen is happening...maybe not fast enough for people to see it but it is happening.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:17 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I prefer to say it, like I see it.

Hint: Declaration of Independence is as much a legal document to govern as is Articles of Confederation. To believe that both are that and that US Constitution is only an addition to it, is stupidity. That, if the other two cannot be considered a document to govern, neither should the US Constitution.
The declaration is not a document to govern, but a document to be not governed. It's truths are universal, self-evident, and applicable even today.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
The declaration is not a document to govern, but a document to be not governed. It's truths are universal, self-evident, and applicable even today.
A far cry from...
Quote:
I'm not for secession, but the wording in our Declaration of Independence clearly state the right to do so is inherent to all people's. if this document has no legal standing, then neither does our constitution or any other laws, and our nation is illegitimate.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82
I'm not for secession, but the wording in our Declaration of Independence clearly state the right to do so is inherent to all people's. if this document has no legal standing, then neither does our constitution or any other laws, and our nation is illegitimate.
The Declaration of Independence is not a legal document. It has no authority over laws, or lawmakers and is not binding in any court.

The Constitution, is the supreme law of the land and is binding upon Congress, the President and the Courts and grants authority therein.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I prefer to say it, like I see it.

Hint: Declaration of Independence is as much a legal document to govern as is Articles of Confederation. To believe that both are that and that US Constitution is only an addition to it, is stupidity. That, if the other two cannot be considered a document to govern, neither should the US Constitution.
Quote:
A far cry from...
Not at all. In order to be self governed, they first need to be not governed. The process would need to be repeated if deemed necessary. They followed a very logical and legal order.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Tell me. Do you remember how much eggs were say 3 years ago? I do 99 cents a dozen. Now I pay almost 2$ for the same kind of eggs...the dollar is losing its value and everything else he said would happen is happening...maybe not fast enough for people to see it but it is happening.
The price of one item is not what inflation makes. That is precisely why the CPI is a basket of goods weighted for the amount of each item accounts in a family budget. I doubt that I use more than $50 worth of eggs a year. It's effect on my family costs is negligible.

I am tired of people trying to prove inflation by honing in on one minor item that rose while ignoring all the other items that remained the same or dropped in price.

Where is the big drop in the dollar under Obama?

Want to see a big drop? Now this is a drop:

Last edited by MTAtech; 12-03-2012 at 10:46 AM..

Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Not at all. In order to be self governed, they first need to be not governed. The process would need to be repeated if deemed necessary. They followed a very logical and legal order.
One more time: Declaration of Independence has as much significance as a legal document as Articles of Confederation does today. They served their purpose at the time and inspired framing of what DOES provide the legal framework: The Constitution of the USA.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The Declaration of Independence is not a legal document. It has no authority over laws, or lawmakers and is not binding in any court.

The Constitution, is the supreme law of the land and is binding upon Congress, the President and the Courts and grants authority therein.
Our forefathers certainly felt the declaration had a legal precedent over The King's law citing a higher law than man's. you are correct that the law of the land is only the constitution. But our forefathers acknowledged a law of nature that was higher than man made laws when such time to part ways have been determined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies