Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 05:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
You keep trying to explain why you consider and call millions upon millions of your fellow citizens parasites when there is no need.

I am fully convinced that you believe what you believe for what you believe are good reasons.

The fact that you are wrong and your beliefs are fueled by your biases or prejudices blinds you to reality.

So really you don't have to explain your incorrect theories. I know that you believe in them.

All I want is for you and other conservatives to shout those beliefs from the rooftops. I want you all to be interviewed and given plenty of time to expound on how you consider millions and millions of Americans to be parasites.

I want them to interview the human beings and fellow Americans that you consider parasites.

I'd like it all out in the open. I want more people to understand what is at the heart of conservative ideology.

I want more conservative elected officials to have honest Mitt Rmoney 47% moments.
Well, Iamme ~ I do believe they are going to have far less of those moments going forward.

The self-preversationists among them have seen what the 47% comment got them. A big, fat, goose egg.

So, they are evolving into a kinder, gentler GOP - at least that is what they will espouse - for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 05:15 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
But why do so many also oppose policies designed to assist the working poor, such as the Earned Income Tax Credit?

Why do so many support policies which effectively impose high marginal tax rates on the working poor?
Earned income credit is based upon whether or not you have dependents so it is discriminatory toward the childfree. Taxes should be lowered for everyone *and* they should institute a consumer-based tax. That would be much better for everyone.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-07-2012, 05:20 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, Iamme ~ I do believe they are going to have far less of those moments going forward.

The self-preversationists among them have seen what the 47% comment got them. A big, fat, goose egg.

So, they are evolving into a kinder, gentler GOP - at least that is what they will espouse - for now.
Yeah I think they will continue to hide.

The reality is that conservative voters hate millions of their fellow Americans. They think of millions of their fellow Americans as parasites, losers, moochers, takers, etc.

When conservatives talk about what is wrong with American this is what they talk about. This stuff is the center piece. High taxes and high government spending to take care of the lazy whose votes are being bought by the Democratic party.

This is what conservatives believe. No hyperbole, no exaggeration.

That Mitt Rmoney tape was so revealing because it is what just about every last conservative believes about millions upon millions of their fellow citizens.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:27 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Point one is false. Point two is false

Point 3 is irrelevant.

Again you have to present real problems for there to be a suggestion of real solutions. I cannot and will not respond to make believe and fantasies.
Wow... just... wow. You just keep repeating the same drivel without explanation or logic.

The first step towards solving a problem is recognition of a problem. I'm going to leave this thread now on the advice of Mark Twain who said "Never argue with a fool in public, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

Old 12-07-2012, 05:43 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Wow... just... wow. You just keep repeating the same drivel without explanation or logic.

The first step towards solving a problem is recognition of a problem. I'm going to leave this thread now on the advice of Mark Twain who said "Never argue with a fool in public, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."
You didn't identify a problem. You were talking about your personal biases. There is a difference.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:56 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I'd like to learn how to make great websites. I had this idea 8 years ago (SIGH) when I noticed a bookstore in my neighborhood having a going out of business sale. Before that I never knew the bookstore was there because it's on the edge of the neighborhood on a road I never go.
Above post from over a year ago probably explains why you are a career burger flipper.

You had an idea to improve your lot but what did you do about it? Nothing. Eight years ago from then and nothing to learn these website skills, and I'd wager in the year since nothing. You can learn that stuff for free on the internet, and I know you have both internet access and plenty of time given 6000+ posts of mostly complaining things aren't fair since you are poor.

Any healthy reasonably intelligent person without a criminal record who spends 30 years making minimum wage needs to point the finger right where it belongs, the mirror. Imagine if all that energy that is being put into complaining and making excuses was put into opening up better paths.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:59 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Earned income credit is based upon whether or not you have dependents so it is discriminatory toward the childfree. Taxes should be lowered for everyone *and* they should institute a consumer-based tax. That would be much better for everyone.

20yrsinBranson

How is a consumer-based tax good for the working poor? A lot of people are going to be sore if their rent is taxed and homeowners don't have to pay tax.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:11 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The problem with the welfare programs is that they offer no transition. Earn $1 over the limit and everything is cut off.
I think that needs reform with a gradual weaning off of government subsidies. The more you earn the less you get until you can pay for your own life on your own salary.

Welfare programs have very steep effective marginal tax rates (and sometimes abrupt cliffs) for those who try to earn more income. The people who railed against the marriage penalty and high effective marginal tax rates for taxpayers didn't fix this problem, making gradual employment and income advancement difficult.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:31 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
Well if Democrats could EVER learn to put the needs of ALL of us above the mandates of their environmental zealots who've done what they've done for California over the past thirty-plus years, this country could begin to really thrive again.
'
Look what they've done to Detroit & California over the past forty years, and for which 100% of the blame for those two woebegone places solely lies.

Unfortunately with the Job-Killer-In-Chief hell-bent on sending our gasoline and electricity prices into the stratosphere as he told everybody in 2008, the 'working poor' are certainly going to get shafted again while President 1% takes care of the civil service unions and the Wall Street charlatans surrounding him.

This is his party's economy; don't expect any improvement from this bunch of incompetents who can't do anything except raise taxes and our other living expenses nonstop.

$8.00/gallon for gasoline won't do 'the little guy' any good either, but that's what his Energy Secretary and EPA are hell-bent on giving all of us and have previously stated.

Please explain how such asinine policies are beneficial to ANYBODY???????

Old 12-07-2012, 11:34 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Yeah I think they will continue to hide.

The reality is that conservative voters hate millions of their fellow Americans. They think of millions of their fellow Americans as parasites, losers, moochers, takers, etc.
And you think all so called rich people are evil.

You want Obama to take more money from other people. Why shouldn't conservatives think you are parasites, losers, moochers, takers???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies