Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 10:03 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times

Advertisements

This shocks me but I must say I'm happy and impressed to see the Mormon Church stop "demonizing" Gays.

I have some Gay Mormon friends that were treated very badly and excommunicated from their Church!

Hopefully this will now stop and they will embrace our differences.

Mormon Church Calls For Compassion Toward Gays, Says Homosexuality Is Not A Choice

Old 12-06-2012, 10:19 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,656 times
All hail to the caps lock king!

Old 12-06-2012, 10:22 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,259,947 times
All Christians should have compassion towards gays. That doesn't mean saying its not a sin and that God looks kindly on gay relationships when the Bible says otherwise. The hate however, needs to stop, and since we live in a secular society gays should have the rights everyone else has as long as its not forced upon the Church or other religious institutions.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:24 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
I don't trust this stance.
I think it's political.
How much money did they funnel into CA to defeat gay marriage?
As a religion, they're liars.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:26 PM

I'm envisioning a world where the societal and genetic norm was for males to procreate and marry other males, and then putting a straight Christian man from our society into that society and watch him flip sh*t. LOL!!!

Can you imagine... "It's not normal for me to want to be with a female? Whaa??? The bible says no females??? There's something wrong with me for being attracted to females??"

Muahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! what sick trick that would be : /

Old 12-06-2012, 10:32 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
All Christians should have compassion towards gays. That doesn't mean saying its not a sin and that God looks kindly on gay relationships when the Bible says otherwise. The hate however, needs to stop, and since we live in a secular society gays should have the rights everyone else has as long as its not forced upon the Church or other religious institutions.
The Bible says nothing about "gay" relationships. Stop spreading that lie. "Gay" was an unknown concept when the Bible was written. Gays don't engage in pagan worship rituals or pederasty, which are the only same-sex relationships discussed.

Seeing as you think "Gay" exists in the Bible, you should be able to show me a verse where God specifically states (not implies through other vague verses) that every gay person on earth must be forced to be celibate. I know it doesn't exist, because the Bible in fact contradicts such a belief.

Do you have the foggiest clue how destructive involuntary celibacy is? Sure it's easy for you to call for that solution to the "gay problem", because you personally don't have to deal with it. Involuntary celibacy leads to severe depression and suicide. Most humans are not built to go their entire lives without love and intimacy. Even the Bible supports that.

Any divine being who would force hundreds of millions of gay people to avoid ever falling in love or having a life partner solely due to something they were born with and have no control over is not worth worshipping.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:35 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I don't trust this stance.
I think it's political.
How much money did they funnel into CA to defeat gay marriage?
As a religion, they're liars.
And you're waging war on women if you don't want to subsidize free birth control for them, right?

Lack of support for gay marriage is not equivalent to hating homosexuals. Just like privatizing social security doesn't mean you want the elderly to die in the streets. There is no incompatiblity whatsoever between simultaneously supporting gay peoples' right to be free from harassment and not supporting them being legally married.

Does the extremist leftist "agree with me or you're a Nazi" stuff ever stop?

Old 12-06-2012, 10:38 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
And you're waging war on women if you don't want to subsidize free birth control for them, right?

Lack of support for gay marriage is not equivalent to hating homosexuals. Just like privatizing social security doesn't mean you want the elderly to die in the streets. There is no incompatiblity whatsoever between simultaneously supporting gay peoples' right to be free from harassment and not supporting them being legally married.

Does the extremist leftist "agree with me or you're a Nazi" stuff ever stop?
You seem to have no problem with treating gays as second class citizens. Denying them things in a secular country that you have as a fundamental right.

Not quite sure how that jives with "not hating homosexuals".

Old 12-06-2012, 10:40 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Of course we need to give compassion to gay people. Telling them it's healthy and normal to live that way isn't compassion, though. In any event, it's irrelevant if it's a choice or not. God defines it as sin and it's wrong to do it.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
In any event, it's irrelevant if it's a choice or not. God defines it as sin and it's wrong to do it.
Is this the same god who told you it was healthy to stand in line for 15 hours on Black Friday to raid a Best Buy for Jesus' birthday?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies