Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 06:37 PM

345 posts, read 643,189 times

Advertisements

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it on the first page.

Day 1 of Legal Pot Marred by Deaths at Alleged Wash. Growing Center - ABC News
Quote:
The possession of pot became legal in the state Thursday after voters passed a measure decriminalizing it in November. Day two kicked off with more celebrations under the Space Needle tower, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reported, but the Pierce County Sheriff's Department investigated an attempted robbery in Puyallup at an alleged growing center foiled by a homeowner who shot two alleged burglars in front of his 9-year-old son.
Officers say they arrived at the home of the man, 35, Thursday to find two masked men dead on the floor and marijuana plants in the attic, ABC affiliate KOMO-TV News reported.
When I first read the headline I was a little unnerved...thought it was going to be made out to be a blemish on marijuana legalization. Really though, to me it's not so much a marijuana-related issue as it is a perfect example of the second amendment in action. A man uses deadly force to defend his son and his product. Excellent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 07:30 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,975,811 times
"the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department investigated an attempted robbery in
Puyallup at an alleged growing center foiled by a homeowner..."

"While the law passed in November made it legal to carry and consume marijuana...
cultivating and selling the drug outside of medical dispensaries is still a crime."

A few more wrinkles need to be ironed out in this "legalizing" thing.
The biggest of course is to actually make it legal.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureNarcotic View Post
Apologies if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it on the first page.

Day 1 of Legal Pot Marred by Deaths at Alleged Wash. Growing Center - ABC News

When I first read the headline I was a little unnerved...thought it was going to be made out to be a blemish on marijuana legalization. Really though, to me it's not so much a marijuana-related issue as it is a perfect example of the second amendment in action. A man uses deadly force to defend his son and his product. Excellent!
You had me worried there for a little bit. My oldest son who has 5 or 6 long guns of various kinds just bought a handgun today and I intend to visit the same dealer in the next few days. At first I thought you didn't hold with protecting your home.

I would think that the man who must have done the shooting may have a little trouble defending his marijuana growing operation since that is still illegal.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:06 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
One main thing..........they still can't grow it or purchase it, so how does it make it legal??? I'd say more than just a few wrinkles need to be ironed out......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies